No announcement yet.

Valley ranked #7 in warren nolan rpi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our RPI is now #46 after our win today. Tulane is at 54 and ISU Red is at 56. If they could somehow move into the top 50 that would give us 6 more games and a 4-2 record to add to our top 50 resume. We missed a huge opportunity this weekend. If we would have taken 2 of 3 we would have a decent chance at an at-large. We probably still can do it but I think we have to go undefeated the rest of the way and have a rainout on Wednesday. Even then I think we need lots of help because we would have to finish 2 or 3 in the MVC. I have zero confidence this team will go 8-0. I have a lot of confidence they could if they had any consistency...

Comment

• I'm not sure it matters what our RPI is if we can't finish in the top 2 in the freaking MVC. This isn't exactly a power house league.
      although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

• Just checked again and Warren Nolan has us at #44. Tulane and ISU Blue have moved into the top 50 so we are now 8-8 against the top 50 and our strength of schedule is now 31. The MVC has also moved back to the #7 RPI conference. What could have been this weekend...

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
          Just checked again and Warren Nolan has us at #44. Tulane and ISU Blue have moved into the top 50 so we are now 8-8 against the top 50 and our strength of schedule is now 31. The MVC has also moved back to the #7 RPI conference. What could have been this weekend...
          Dallas Baptist has moved into the top 25, so WSU is also now 4-3 against the top 25 (Purdue #10, DBU #24).

Comment

• Originally posted by tripleshock View Post
            I'm not sure it matters what our RPI is if we can't finish in the top 2 in the freaking MVC. This isn't exactly a power house league.
            The Valley has moved up to #7, so it is not that bad of a league this year. #7 conferences quite often get 3 bids (and sometimes they only get one).

Comment

• The Boyd's World Valley rpi needs assessments as of 8:30am this morning: MoST 2-5, Indy St. 7-1, WSU 7-1

Possible future member since WAC is disappearing, DBU 1-7 (DBU needs to go 4-4 to finish in the top 32, MoST needs to go 5-2 to finish in the top 32).
              Last edited by shox1989; May 7, 2012, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• The Warren nolan predicted rpi finishes as of this morning: MoST #34, WSU #41, ISU-R #48, Indy St. #55

Shadow member DBU #23
                Last edited by shox1989; May 7, 2012, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Warren Nolan is also predicting that WSU will go 4-2 in their remaining conference games and finish in 3rd place in the Valley.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                    Warren Nolan is also predicting that WSU will go 4-2 in their remaining conference games and finish in 3rd place in the Valley.
                    So he is predicting we finish with an RPI of #41 (vs a current RPI of #44?) even if we lose a couple to Bradley/Creighton. That seems pretty counter-intuitive to me.

Finsihing 3rd or lower in the MVC would make an at-large bid problematic even if we did manage to finish with an RPI of #41.

I think at a minimum we need to finish 7-1, with that loss being at Nebraska AND make it to the championship game of the MVC Tournament against whoever wins the regular season title. If that happens then I think we could make a case for an at-large selection. Hopefully, mother nature cooperates and we get all our games in.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      So he is predicting we finish with an RPI of #41 (vs a current RPI of #44?) even if we lose a couple to Bradley/Creighton. That seems pretty counter-intuitive to me.

Finsihing 3rd or lower in the MVC would make an at-large bid problematic even if we did manage to finish with an RPI of #41.

I think at a minimum we need to finish 7-1, with that loss being at Nebraska AND make it to the championship game of the MVC Tournament against whoever wins the regular season title. If that happens then I think we could make a case for an at-large selection. Hopefully, mother nature cooperates and we get all our games in.
                      I wouldn't mind a rainout tomorrow night.

Also with the 7th and 8th place teams left and the 7th being at home can the team grow some and go 5-1 for crying out loud!

I doubt it big time. I will say the only positive is that if finally feels as though they have a solid weekend rotation figured out. Now just don't throw certain players unless you are down by many or up by many, thats all I will say about that.

Comment

Yes Warren Nolan is predicting that WSU will go 4-2 in its remaining Valley games and finish with a rpi of 41. But that is in conflict with Boyd's World which says WSU must go 7-1 to finish in the top 45.

Personally, I think a third place finish with the rest of our strong resume would be good enough. The Valley is 7th this year, it is not 14-17th like many years. In some previous years the Valley has sent 3 teams to the tournament. If all of the top 3 teams are at large contenders then there is no reason that a 3rd place finish should hurt us (with the rest of our strong numbers: SOS #31, TOP 25: 4-3, TOP 50: 8-8) Of course WSU is going to have to play a lot better in its last 6 Valley games just to be able to finish in 3rd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post

Also with the 7th and 8th place teams left and the 7th being at home can the team grow some and go 5-1 for crying out loud!

I doubt it big time. I will say the only positive is that if finally feels as though they have a solid weekend rotation figured out. Now just don't throw certain players unless you are down by many or up by many, thats all I will say about that.
                          I would love to see us finish 5-1 or better in the last 6 Valley games. Considering it is Bu and Cu it should be possible. We will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                            Of course WSU is going to have to play a lot better in its last 6 Valley games just to be able to finish in 3rd.
                            And even if the do finish strong over the remaining 8 games they will still need a decent showing in the MVC Tournament or it will be all for naught.

Comment

And even if the do finish strong over the remaining 8 games they will still need a decent showing in the MVC Tournament or it will be all for naught.
                              I agree. I think so far the only Valley team that may be in a position to totally tank in the Valley tournament and still get an at large bid is MoST (and that is assuming they finish strong).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post

I think I agree with you about the rain out on Wednesday night too. The thing that is really helping our rpi right now is our SOS at #31. Our SOS is going to take a hit when we play Alcorn State on Wednesday night. I know it is just one game but it is still a hit we don't need to take.

Comment

Working...
                                X