Valley ranked #7 in warren nolan rpi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
    #259 UNO (University of Nebraska-Omaha) a provisional division 1 school beat Cu tonight 3-2. Cu has now lost to both UNO and North Dakota. No wonder they got swept by MoST this weekend.
    This might be a year when we might want to cool the jabs at other teams, especially future opponents. The potential for "I wished I hadn't said that" is at an all time high.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      This might be a year when we might want to cool the jabs at other teams, especially future opponents. The potential for "I wished I hadn't said that" is at an all time high.
      I wasn't really taking jabs at Cu just reporting on how they are doing. "Just the facts 'mam".

Although it is starting to look like both schools may have long seasons.

Comment

MoST beat Ku (9-8) tonight and Illinois St beat Illinois (16-7). Indy St beat something called Illinois-Springfield 21-1. It looks like WSU and Cu were the only Valley teams to lose tonight.

Comment

The Valley goes 3-2 tonight, maintaining their #8 conference ranking in the rpi. Besides WSU winning 9-4 tonight, Indy State pounded Ball State 14-3 (the Sycamores are now 20-5 albeit against a pretty weak schedule although they do have wins over Notre Dame-rpi #49 and Missouri-rpi #107), and UE beat something called Limscomb 5-0.

Bradley lost to Illinois tonight 6-3, and SIU fell to Murry State.

Comment

The Valley keeps teetering between #7 and #8 in the conference rpi. Interestingly enough the Valley now has 3 teams in the top 50 of the rpi and none of them are WSU.

Indy State leads the Valley at #39, MoST #40, and Illinois State #42 (WSU plays at ILL. ST. this weekend), UE is #63, WSU is #90, SIU #133, BU #168, CU #182.

The Shox are one game out of first place, but play their next 6 Valley games on the road @Illinois St #42, and@UE#63.

Comment

Gee, does that mean when we beat them, it'll hurt their RPI?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                Yes but only slightly since we are at #90.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                  Yes but only slightly since we are at #90.
                  I apparently don't do sarcasm well or often enough. WE are suppose to be the ones concerned about our RPI going down when playing other Valley teams. It should never be the other way around.

Comment

5th ranked RPI in the Valley for the Shox?

The slide into the bayss continues.
                    Last edited by JJClamdip; April 11, 2012, 10:22 AM.
                    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

It will only get worse I'm afraid.

Comment

Another good night for the Valley as they went 7-0 in non-con games last night. The Valley has moved back into 7th place in the conference rpi standings (Big 12 is in sixth place). Probably the best wins last night were Cu 7-3 over Ku ,Bradley 6-3 over Illinois, and MoST 5-2 against Arkansas St.

Warren Nolan rpis as of this morning: MoST 36, Indy St. 41, Ill. St. 44, UE 62, WSU 86, SIU 122, BU 151, CU 171

Comment

Strange.....the only winning move is not to play.

How about a nice game of chess?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Strange.....the only winning move is not to play.

How about a nice game of chess?
                            Now that's a WOPR!

Comment

Still waiting for an answer on our at-large prospects..
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

While our at large prospects suck at best, I actually can see the Valley getting two teams in this year. The nation is full of a few haves and a bunch of mediocre or have nots that will have to make up the at large pool. This makes our pee poor performance even more frustrating. When you add in the off the field stuff that has cropped up this year, I can see why the apathy exists on this board.

Comment

Working...
                                X