Chris Jans Original Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seskridge
    Really? Slapping girls butts when unwanted shouldn't be " having a good time".
    the woman who had her but patted is not the one complaining ,,,had she not liked nor wanted the attn , I'm sure she would have , or could have said so , maybe she did , IDK, do you ? all we DO know is someone who was not a part of it decided THEY did not like it and got THEMSELVES involved.
    From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
      Cell phone cameras and political correctness have made it so a guy can't go out and have a good time anymore.
      It has been a long, long, long time since I thought getting ****-faced, out-of-control drunk was fun.

Comment

• I know that if my boss got an email like that and video of me doing that I would be fired for cause. When you are at a certain level position you are representing your employer anytime that you are in the public whether its on the job or off the job.
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Jans should not have been drunk in a bar. Being drunk causes you to do stupid stuff, and he did so. And it put himself in a really bad situation.

But for everyone that says a guy with a camera that sends his daughter over to confront an obviously drunk man, and then publishes a "soundbite" video is automatically and completely innocent; well, I recommend you read about the extortion attempt on Rick Pitino: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Pi...against_Pitino

There is cause for pause in this situation. Why did that video go public regardless of the satisfaction of the veiled threat to "handle" the situation? Why was that family bragging about getting him terminated, and then delete the posts when discovered?

I feel really bad for Chris Jans and especially his family. Not in an apologetic way, but in a way that says -- "Man, I wish you had learned this lesson 20-25 years ago."
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
            As they should. If you see something racist or someone being beat up, a crime happening etc I'd hope you would speak up. Staying silent condones it. Should they be bragging about firing Jans, no. But he put that behavior out there to be taped and so he should face consequences
            to equate what Jans was doing to being Racist , or being beatin up is a HUGE stretch but I do agree if you see something THAT bad you should probably step up.

Comment

• You know,the whole men's basketball blog on Shockernet this week has a little Jerry Springer in it,

Family fighting family over hypothetical (and maybe a tinge dumb) things,

I say let the man get some treatment, and then he can work as an Assistant or HC again. Foregiveness is a wonderful thing.

And my second observation is that of the woman was my wife, sister, or girlfriend, I would have clocked Jahns.

Comment

• I still come back too , the girl at the bar that was patted did not seem terribly offended and had she I would hope she could handle or get help for her situation. It's all about the third party being upset with what THEY saw. Getting themselves into the picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
                  I still come back too , the girl at the bar that was patted did not seem terribly offended and had she I would hope she could handle or get help for her situation. It's all about the third party being upset with what THEY saw. Getting themselves into the picture.
                  "Your business is your business until I make it MY business."

Yes, that sums up the sense of entitlement I see from younger people today.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    It has been a long, long, long time since I thought getting ****-faced, out-of-control drunk was fun.
                    Be honest thats because the next day is so bad it aint worth it anymore. Getting old has its price.
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• The totality of the situation is (IMHO) Instead of the end of his season being a celebration of all the great things he,and BG hoops accomplished this season, It turned into let's go out and get drunk because we just lost this game tonight. And instead of taking sound precautions, he did not have a good circle of friends with him to maintain the level of control needed. He needed a better Posse to hang with seems like.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                        Be honest thats because the next day is so bad it aint worth it anymore. Getting old has its price.
                        true that,, prolly why I now have a Bar in my Basement ,,, don't even have to crawl up the steps if I decide to tie one on LOL,,, but damn that next day ....... can be painful

Comment

I was in my early 20's when I figured that out and that the so-called "fun" wasn't worth the price. But you're right about getting old. Golden years my ass.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 3, 2015, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Ding, ding, ding.....that ones a winner

But I would also add all the complications of alcohol abuse, too. How about cancer and your liver shutting down for starters.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                              Ding, ding, ding.....that ones a winner

But I would also add all the complications of alcohol abuse, too. How about cancer and your liver shutting down for starters.
                              What liver? Drank mine away years ago!
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
                                The totality of the situation is (IMHO) Instead of the end of his season being a celebration of all the great things he,and BG hoops accomplished this season, It turned into let's go out and get drunk because we just lost this game tonight. And instead of taking sound precautions, he did not have a good circle of friends with him to maintain the level of control needed. He needed a better Posse to hang with seems like.
                                I believe his family stayed in Wichita this year so his daughter could finish out high school in Wichita. Having that family support system in place probably would have been of great value to Chris.

Comment

Working...
                                X