X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
    What liver? Drank mine away years ago!
    Pretty sure mine has been well preserved by now lol
    From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

• Is there more video than just the butt pat? There were some other allegations, but what I have actually seen on video is just a short clip showing some rude but otherwise pretty insignificant behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        I believe his family stayed in Wichita this year so his daughter could finish out high school in Wichita. Having that family support system in place probably would have been of great value to Chris.
        THIS !! X1000
        From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          I was in my early 20's when I figured that out and that the so-called "fun" wasn't worth the price. But you're right about getting old. Golden years my ass.
          You are smarter than most of us, it took me into my early 40's before I decided I had enough.
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
            You are smarter than most of us, it took me into my early 40's before I decided I had enough.
            I was married at age 20 and had my kids at a fairly young age. Funny how that tends to wise you up.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
              I still come back too , the girl at the bar that was patted did not seem terribly offended and had she I would hope she could handle or get help for her situation. It's all about the third party being upset with what THEY saw. Getting themselves into the picture.
              They saw a grown, married man who represents their university acting in a poor manor.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
                I still come back too , the girl at the bar that was patted did not seem terribly offended and had she I would hope she could handle or get help for her situation. It's all about the third party being upset with what THEY saw. Getting themselves into the picture.
                Not sure 7 seconds is a good time measurement on offendability. Doubt she asked a much older man to place his mitts on her back end.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                  Uh, I just celebrated my 23rd anniversary to my 29 birthday. Maybe I should..oh well, you can't fix stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                    Not sure 7 seconds is a good time measurement on offendability. Doubt she asked a much older man to place his mitts on her back end.
                    I put very little stock in the 4 second video. Thought it was pretty worthless. The more damaging items where the allegations made in writing by the eye witness and the termination letter that claims that Chris admitted that these allegations were true. Did BGSU's administration do additional investigation over and above what has been presented to corroborate the alleged conduct? I don't know. Were there previous incidents of a similar nature that were on the radar screen? Again I don't know.

Do I think BGSU had a valid basis to terminate Chris? Yes, I do. Should they have given him a 2nd chance? Maybe, but that was a judgment call that they made and I don't think BGSU was particularly searching and hoping for a reason to fire Chris.

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
                      As they should. If you see something racist or someone being beat up, a crime happening etc I'd hope you would speak up. Staying silent condones it. Should they be bragging about firing Jans, no. But he put that behavior out there to be taped and so he should face consequences
                      You're really starting to reach with some of your posts... The family who inserted themselves into the middle of the situation clearly wanted everyone to know how they felt about the situation (if there even was a situation), but the point is, it really was non of their business. If the girl(s) involved felt wronged, they're big girls and can handle it. No one was being raped, beat up or verbally lashed for everyone to hear. Clearly the family didn't like Jans' behavior and thought it was up to them to put an end to it. In a case like that, call the management of the establishment over and let them handle the situation, or call the police...no one was in immediate danger. All we have to go off of is a 7 second segment of video and the dad's account of what happened...he was at a bar at 12:00 AM with his wife and kids, their decision making skills could easily have been impaired as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                        You're really starting to reach with some of your posts... The family who inserted themselves into the middle of the situation clearly wanted everyone to know how they felt about the situation (if there even was a situation), but the point is, it really was non of their business. If the girl(s) involved felt wronged, they're big girls and can handle it. No one was being raped, beat up or verbally lashed for everyone to hear. Clearly the family didn't like Jans' behavior and thought it was up to them to put an end to it. In a case like that, call the management of the establishment over and let them handle the situation, or call the police...no one was in immediate danger. All we have to go off of is a 7 second segment of video and the dad's account of what happened...he was at a bar at 12:00 AM with his wife and kids, their decision making skills could easily have been impaired as well.
                        That may be all you have, but BGSU has CJ's signed confession...
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Also noted that the woman who he put his hand on her head and forced it to his crotch was in a relationship with someone on the basketball staff. So your telling me, you are going to say no or make a big stink about your significant other's boss doing that? No, you will simply laugh it off all the while on the inside knowing you don't like it. It seems completely appropriate that someone else intervened.
                          It's good to have a female perspective on this. Thank you for your insight.

Comment

Also noted that the woman who he put his hand on her head and forced it to his crotch was in a relationship with someone on the basketball staff. So your telling me, you are going to say no or make a big stink about your significant other's boss doing that? No, you will simply laugh it off all the while on the inside knowing you don't like it. It seems completely appropriate that someone else intervened.
                            Men on this board who think this is acceptable behavior: do you have a wife or daughter? Would you mind if a man that is in a position of power touches her inappropriately without permission? Would you mind if a man degrades her both verbally (calling her a b****) and physically (grabbing her head and pushes it toward his crotch)? Is this the type of man that you want to represent an institution you believe in?

To the people who have said this is just political correct garbage: sexual assault is more than just politically incorrect. Additionally, not all changes in culture are bad. THIS JUST IN: black people can vote now! Dang political correctness! I wish we could go back to the old way! /sarcasm

Comment

• I kinda like to have my ass patted

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                                Men on this board who think this is acceptable behavior: do you have a wife or daughter? Would you mind if a man that is in a position of power touches her inappropriately without permission? Would you mind if a man degrades her both verbally (calling her a b****) and physically (grabbing her head and pushes it toward his crotch)? Is this the type of man that you want to represent an institution you believe in?

To the people who have said this is just political correct garbage: sexual assault is more than just politically incorrect. Additionally, not all changes in culture are bad. THIS JUST IN: black people can vote now! Dang political correctness! I wish we could go back to the old way! /sarcasm
                                And CJ apparently admited to it all. I will say again, prayers to the female victims and Chris. This terrible behavior doesn't mean CJ is a bad person, but accountability is pillar that unfortunately our society lacks right now. We all ( and trust me this is directed at me as much as anyone) need to step up our expectation of morals and values within ourselves and then pass it forward and expect the same with people in our inner circles.

Comment

Working...
                                X