No announcement yet.

Chris Jans Original Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing people who say "this is inexcusable behavior for a head coach" to Jesus' parable about casting stones is absolutely ridiculous. Would you say the same thing about Jerry Sandusky? I'm not equating Jans to Sandusky, but according to Christian teaching the sin is the same and we are not supposed to "cast the first stone."

This is not about forgiveness and what I think about the people as individuals. This is about who do I want to represent our incredible university. Jans should take a year off from coaching and do voluntary rehab. Then he should get an assistant job somewhere so that there is accountability between him and the head coach. After a year off, I think it might not be bad to hire him even at WSU. He should not coach here this fall. The person who submitted the email was the parent of an athlete. That speaks volumes to Athletic Directors.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
      He made one big ass mistake and is and will continue to pay for it, dearly!

But any of you finger pointing J.O's on here who can claim to be absolutely perfect need to step forward and identify yourself for all to see.
      We all want to see the next Jesus in person cause the other one hasn't scheduled any public appearances I am aware of.

Most of the finger pointers casting stones here are the same ones that made complete asses of themselves the past 3 days.

That is all.
      I'm not perfect and would never cast myself as such. But I'm fine with casting stones over what appears to be continuous infidelity and sexual harassment/assault.

Doesn't quite take Jesus reincarnated to say that's poor behavior.
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
        I'm not perfect and would never cast myself as such. But I'm fine with casting stones over what appears to be continuous infidelity and sexual harassment/assault.

Doesn't quite take Jesus reincarnated to say that's poor behavior.
        The continuous part is where I would draw the line. We have an accusation of that, not proof.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Ahhh College Co-eds, they are a hell of a drug. He just needs to lay lo for a year, maybe be an outside consultant to HCGM for a year and then maybe he can get back on the bench...

Comment

• If one of McWookie's former assistants would trade places with CJ and some of us venture over to BJ board and saw several posters were eager to have that coach back as an assistant we would be having a field day with it.

We can all agree CJ was a phenomenal fit at the time for WSU. He was excellent as a coach/teacher during practices. Gregg gave him many props for suggesting and implementing great in-game strategies. His scouts were detailed and accurate. As a recruiter, he was spot on. These are the reasons CJ became the head coach at BGU.

This recent transgression is beyond serious. Help is needed in a big way. That's where the Wichita connections come in. He almost has no choice but to take the next year off. He should be untouchable from a coaching standpoint. I hope the WSU community, led by Gregg embraces CJ, helps in the healing and rehabilitation process. And WHEN it is time for CJ to be ready to return to coaching, Gregg and all other assistants reach out to the coaching community and help find him a situation that fits him. People...it is not WSU...SORRY.

I know many on this board say "take off a year and come back to WSU." Gregg has to hire a big-time assistant this year. There may not be an opening to fit CJ return. I don't see Gregg in a year saying to his current staff "he guys, I'm bringing CJ back. We need to play paper, rock, scissors to see who leaves." I hope Gregg is a big part in embracing CJ, because he is going to need it in order to move on with his life.

Comment

• Can we please stop with the "hire Jans back" now or even in the future. That is not our call. I believe Jans and Marshall are close but Marshall has a much bigger responsibility to WSU than he does to Jans. GM fulfilled his professional obligation to Jans with helping him get the BG job. What he wants to do and will do to be a "friend" to Jans is his personal business.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                Tell you what big guy, get drunk and then go to your local mall or grocery store, walk up to a random young lady and pat her on the butt - tell me what happens.
                He wasn't in a Mall or grocery store,, he was in a BAR little perspective please. Have you been to any Nightclub or bar recently?? kinda tame for what goes on in ADULT establishments really.
                From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

• Without a doubt Gregg considers Chris a close friend. When friends get in trouble, when they need help, we normally feel compelled to come to their aid. Others on the periphery may question the wisdom of offering assistance depending on the transgression. Regardless, as Chris' friend Gregg may feel an obligation to pull him up out of the mud. Does that mean hiring him back? I don't believe that's in everyone's best interest. However, I'm on the periphery. I don't know Chris personally. My assessment is based on an e-mail and a few seconds of phone video. Gregg likely has much more detail on what went on. He certainly has much more insight into the character of the man. How he decides to act in this matter should take into consideration WSU, the program, Gregg's personal convictions and also, his friend Chris.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• depends ?? is she ? was she interjecting herself into a situation that wasn't hers to begin with ? she might not have liked the behavior of someone she was watching ,,but was it HER business to interject ??

Comment

• Chris needs to take some time and then get another JUCO gig. He'll build the program up and get back into the D1 at some point. What a mess he's gotten himself into. Nothing good comes from a public figurehead hanging out at a bar. Hopefully lesson learned.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
                        That's the daughter walking up to him at the end of the video.
                        Are you sure ?? I got the impression that it was the Mother of the girl who had confronted him earlier( the BG Alum. ) the one who later wrote the Email ..IDK and neither do you

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                          If one of McWookie's former assistants would trade places with CJ and some of us venture over to BJ board and saw several posters were eager to have that coach back as an assistant we would be having a field day with it.

We can all agree CJ was a phenomenal fit at the time for WSU. He was excellent as a coach/teacher during practices. Gregg gave him many props for suggesting and implementing great in-game strategies. His scouts were detailed and accurate. As a recruiter, he was spot on. These are the reasons CJ became the head coach at BGU.

This recent transgression is beyond serious. Help is needed in a big way. That's where the Wichita connections come in. He almost has no choice but to take the next year off. He should be untouchable from a coaching standpoint. I hope the WSU community, led by Gregg embraces CJ, helps in the healing and rehabilitation process. And WHEN it is time for CJ to be ready to return to coaching, Gregg and all other assistants reach out to the coaching community and help find him a situation that fits him. People...it is not WSU...SORRY.

I know many on this board say "take off a year and come back to WSU." Gregg has to hire a big-time assistant this year. There may not be an opening to fit CJ return. I don't see Gregg in a year saying to his current staff "he guys, I'm bringing CJ back. We need to play paper, rock, scissors to see who leaves." I hope Gregg is a big part in embracing CJ, because he is going to need it in order to move on with his life.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Cell phone cameras and political correctness have made it so a guy can't go out and have a good time anymore.

Comment

• I'm not Blaming the Victim,, I'm wundering who the Victim is. There has been no complaint from anyone that Jans had contact with up to and until a third party did not like his behavior ( least not yet) Then the third party inserts themselves into the picture. and gets mad because they didn't like the response they got from their actions. ,,,( they also were on twitter gloating about getting Jans fired) until it was discovered and quickly deleted ala Goatlube and then acct went private. Did CJ act poorly YES , Did his companions not help YES, Did the complainers inject themselves into the situation YES , If and this is a BIG IF (because they wouldn't be in that situation,, a bar wee hrs of a morning) my Wife,sister,daughter were in that situation I'm confident that if something was bothering THEM they would be capable of handeling the situation themselves. or ASK for help. and if a third party interjected for them they would probably be told to get lost this does not concern YOU. but thats just my family ,,and friends,, we weren't raised to be Victims of everything and anything first.

Comment

• I wonder how much more appalled people on here would be if it was Bill Self and not Jans. On the flip side I wonder how more forgiving and accepting everybody would be if this were Marshall instead of Jans.
                                ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                                www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Working...
                                X