Chris Jans Original Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
    I appreciate your take. Please don't take offense to my ramblings. What about this...girl that was slapped on the trunk by CJ knew it was CJ. If it was a schmo like me, she very well would have put her high heel in my low crotch. Because she knew it was the high profile basketball coach at BGU, she frooze not knowing how to react immediately.
    Let me be on record as saying I would never put my hands on another woman's trunk, other than my wife for many reasons. One that comes to mind is I fear a high heel to my low crotch something terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      I have no idea why some of you would consider this thread a disaster. It is simply a forum of spirited debate on the situation at hand.

If it is a "disaster" because you are encountering viewpoints that differ from your own, perhaps you should look inward and figure out how to discuss such topics, rather than trying to shut down dialog that you disagree with. You can 'book burn' as it were, on your own time.
      I agree, but there are a lot of people on this board who attack people everyday for not buying into their point of view.

And I appreciate you sticking up for Coach Jahns. I think he should be forgiven and HCGM should consider adding him back to his staff (subject to the appropriate requirements).

I saw the video and thought it was totally bogus. Not OK to pat someone's ass, but the chick in the London Fog coat going off on him at the end of the tape.....if she had done that to me, I would have asked her what was her relationship to the lady sitting at the bar. If there was none, I would have told her to mind her ****ing business.

I've never done anything like that when I was plastered, but I have asked interlopers to MYFB if they totally butted into a situation and lectured me (when plastered).

Not trying to defend Jahns here, I think he did something totally dumb and deserves to suffer the consequences, but I also believe that we have way too many people trying to mind everyone's business nowadays.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
        I agree, but there are a lot of people on this board who attack people everyday for not buying into their point of view.

And I appreciate you sticking up for Coach Jahns. I think he should be forgiven and HCGM should consider adding him back to his staff (subject to the appropriate requirements).

I saw the video and thought it was totally bogus. Not OK to pat someone's ass, but the chick in the London Fog coat going off on him at the end of the tape.....if she had done that to me, I would have asked her what was her relationship to the lady sitting at the bar. If there was none, I would have told her to mind her ****ing business.

I've never done anything like that when I was plastered, but I have asked interlopers to MYFB if they totally butted into a situation and lectured me (when plastered).

Not trying to defend Jahns here, I think he did something totally dumb and deserves to suffer the consequences, but I also believe that we have way too many people trying to mind everyone's business nowadays.
        Respectfully speaking he should not come back to this University...period. Plenty of second chances elsewhere that Gregg and other friends in the biz can help him with. NOT AT WSU.

Comment

Respectfully speaking he should not come back to this University...period. Plenty of second chances elsewhere that Gregg and other friends in the biz can help him with. NOT AT WSU.
          If HCGM does a solid for him and gets him a job elsewhere, I'm OK with that, too. I think that HCGM can do that.

However, this is the last favor. Life shouldn't be a well of second chances.

Comment

If HCGM does a solid for him and gets him a job elsewhere, I'm OK with that, too. I think that HCGM can do that.

However, this is the last favor. Life shouldn't be a well of second chances.
            And if Gregg feels he can justify hiring Chris? Well, who's gonna make that call to the coaches show?
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I don't feel strong either way. ACCJ did a great job for us, but I trust shoxmvc's insight, as it would appear as if he has insight that I do not. I don't hang out with the big boys and have no insider info.

I want what's best for our program and in HCGM I trust.

I also think CJ deserves another chance. I think the reason he was fired, based on my admitted lack of information, was a little weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                And if Gregg feels he can justify hiring Chris? Well, who's gonna make that call to the coaches show?
                You because you brought it up.

Comment

I don't feel strong either way. ACCJ did a great job for us, but I trust shoxmvc's insight, as it would appear as if he has insight that I do not. I don't hang out with the big boys and have no insider info.

I want what's best for our program and in HCGM I trust.

I also think CJ deserves another chance. I think the reason he was fired, based on my admitted lack of information, was a little weak.
                  I need a dose of you every day. Hey, can I talk you into clueing my wife into how important I am. I think she missed the memo. Thanks in advance.
                  :-)

Comment

You because you brought it up.
                    Color me yellow. And in this case that doesn't mean WSU.

Comment

I tend to agree. Down the line, after Chris has demonstrated beyond a reasonable doubt that he his back on the straight and narrow maybe. But the Wichita community has just shown Gregg Marshall an unprecedented show of support and respect by coming up the a huge compensation package. There is no good reason to knowingly take any chances that would result in embarrassment to Wichita State. However, helping Chris rebound in order to reach that point in other ways is worthwhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                        Without a doubt Gregg considers Chris a close friend. When friends get in trouble, when they need help, we normally feel compelled to come to their aid. Others on the periphery may question the wisdom of offering assistance depending on the transgression. Regardless, as Chris' friend Gregg may feel an obligation to pull him up out of the mud. Does that mean hiring him back? I don't believe that's in everyone's best interest. However, I'm on the periphery. I don't know Chris personally. My assessment is based on an e-mail and a few seconds of phone video. Gregg likely has much more detail on what went on. He certainly has much more insight into the character of the man. How he decides to act in this matter should take into consideration WSU, the program, Gregg's personal convictions and also, his friend Chris.
                        Friendship, loyalty, second chances in a place with an established support system.

Comment

• Don't know if this was posted elsewhere, but this is sad news to hear of Coach Jans.

Watch FOX Sports and view live scores, odds, team news, player news, streams, videos, stats, standings & schedules covering NFL, MLB, NASCAR, WWE, NBA, NHL, college sports & more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocks2005 View Post
                            Don't know if this was posted elsewhere, but this is sad news to hear of Coach Jans.

http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/...s-fired-040215
                            Chris Jans thread in NCAA category.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocks2005 View Post
                              Don't know if this was posted elsewhere, but this is sad news to hear of Coach Jans.

http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/...s-fired-040215
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Sorry everyone, I don't jump around this site all day. :boxing:

Comment

Working...
                                X