South Carolina fires Darrin Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
    Doug Gottlieb is saying that Marshall would be considered for the USC opening (which I think is the prelevant opinion right now) and made it sound like if offered it would be a done deal. Gottlieb didn't say that, but that was the impression I got from when he was talking.
    He also publicly speculated that Marshall would bolt to NC State last year.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      Gottlieb has an inside track with Marshall. I'm sure that Marshall confided in him or someone else close to Gottlieb so you can bank on it.
      not srs
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• John Henderson‏@JohnHendersonDPReply
        Retweet

Favorite
        · Open

Horn out at South Carolina. Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall, I'm hearing, REALLY wants it.

Ok, sorry. I do love fueling the fire a bit ;). LOL Just more evidence though that NO ONE really knows what the hell is or will happen until it is pretty much done. Ok, back to me having fun!!! :)
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• @shockerfan: I'm pretty sure most on here, including myself, were pretty sure Turgeon was gone as soon as that job came open and nobody blamed him. The aTm job was A LOT more attractive than SC.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              @shockerfan: I'm pretty sure most on here, including myself, were pretty sure Turgeon was gone as soon as that job came open and nobody blamed him. The aTm job was A LOT more attractive than SC.
              Of course everyone will claim that NOW. Not the way I remember it. I do remember some being very concerned (mostly because WuDrWu was). But not until it was basically a done deal. Most were just scoffing.

And all I remember from you was "I'm not worried". Until maybe the day before it happened LOL.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

@shockerfan I'm pretty sure most on here, including myself, were pretty sure Turgeon was gone as soon as that job came open and nobody blamed him. The aTm job was A LOT more attractive than SC.
                After the season MT had, he was looking for the first BCS train out. He got damn lucky aTm opened up and an old bud was in charge.

Comment

• The difference in my eye, both Mark and Gregg have been head coaches for 14 years. Both have had many opportunities to move. Mark is on his 4th job, Gregg on his second.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    The difference in my eye, both Mark and Gregg have been head coaches for 14 years. Both have had many opportunities to move. Mark is on his 4th job, Gregg on his second.
                    Perhaps a bigger difference is in their mentors!

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                      Perhaps a bigger difference is in their mentors!
                      I think that is definitely a contributing factor.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                        Of course everyone will claim that NOW. Not the way I remember it. I do remember some being very concerned (mostly because WuDrWu was). But not until it was basically a done deal. Most were just scoffing.

And all I remember from you was "I'm not worried". Until maybe the day before it happened LOL.
                        I never said I'm nit worried about aTm. Only about the 0U offer the year before. Your memory has failed you.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I never said I'm nit worried about aTm. Only about the 0U offer the year before. Your memory has failed you.
                          You mean you were actually worried about something Sub...
                          :-)

Comment

• I was pretty pissed when he wasn't even thought of during the Horn hiring process, especially living close to Winthrop and seeing the man and his style for quite a while. No disrespect to you Shox, but it's time for 3G to come home. I also hope he brings you guys a Final Four and national title before he comes.

Originally posted by GorHoops View Post
                            If South Carolina is smart they would be real interested in Coach Marshall and if Coach Marshall is smart, which we all know he is, he will stay as far from that job as he can get. He is too good of a coach for that job, they don't care, only care about football. Coach Marshall's personality would not jive well at a place where basketball played second fiddle to anything.
                            I have to disagree with the 'they don't care' part. Yeah, b-ball is third fiddle behind football and baseball, but we also pack the second (tied ARK) nicest/biggest arena in the SEC on a regular basis during good times even though they have been few and far between. GM though, would bring that relevancy back very quickly, as he is highly respected around the state and more importantly, the Charlotte area with tons of solid recruits every year. He would have the support.

Comment

• 3G's kids attend school in Andover and knows how much superior education they are getting than they ever would in SC or NC for that matter. Education means more to 3G than what SC has to offer. Plus yes one of the best WSU class coming next year, means he is staying not even remotely thinking about leaving WSU. He certainly wouldn't mind leaving the MVC though.

Comment

• Put me down in the I'm not worried column. Nothing we can do one way or the other. Do I think he will go? No. Coach Jans was talking about the prospect of leaving on one of the post game shows and alluded to the opportunities they had to go to other schools and how the prospect of going to one and rebuilding was NOT an option. I may be mistaken but SC looks like it needs to do a little rebuilding. Of course things change and so does the way the wind blows. Why is Kansas so windy? Because Nebraska blows and Oklahoma sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X