No announcement yet.

South Carolina fires Darrin Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ta town, Manning won't start at a juco...I'm pretty sure of that. I understand your premise however.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
      Settle down. I never said I was sold on him, I said we should "give Manning a look." You guys bring up many good counter arguments. My point was he should be in contention, not that we should hire him.

I don't necessarily disagree with anyone who speculates that he may treat this job as just another stepping stone. But why has he said multiple times he wants to coach here? If he's looking for just another stepping stone, the dude could coach anywhere.
      This program is bigger than that. Wsu should be able to hire a somebody who. Has proven he can coach, recruit, and run a program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
        Coop would be a great prospect. Since HCGM isn't leaving anytime soon, Coop has time to develop and be ready to take over a program like ours.
        Coop will almost certainly be offered a bigtime job in the next 13 months.

Comment

• I guess that I understand why people are speculating so much.

But I'm going to wait until we don't have a coach to speculate.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            I guess that I understand why people are speculating so much.

But I'm going to wait until we don't have a coach to speculate.
            That's no fun...hell, if Obama brought the countries problems to SN, we'd have em figured out by dinner time.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
              As long as he has spent in the south, I wonder if he would be a candidate for UAB?

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                His record isn't all that. Why?
                In the fast lane

Comment

• I agree. Nothing against Coop but I think he needs some seasoning yet.

Comment

• Just hope this thing isnt all drawn out
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                      His pedigree is right to get a lot of interviews. His personality and ability to sell himself will take care of the rest.

Now whether he succeeds or not is a whole other conversation, but I wouldn't bet against him.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                        Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        His pedigree is right to get a lot of interviews. His personality and ability to sell himself will take care of the rest.

Now whether he succeeds or not is a whole other conversation, but I wouldn't bet against him.
                        I think Coop's done enough to get a good gig in an upper non-BCS conference. I don't know all the challenges to coaching at TN St and the Ohio Valley Conference, but I'm pretty sure TN St had little to nothing of a reputation to build on. There was a "house cleaning" when he arrived and he kept only a handful of previous players. 1st year he lost 20+, next year a .500 team, to a 20 game winner this year with his top 4 players returning next year. That's pretty much what HCGM did his first 3 years and we were coming off a S16 two years previous.

Comment

• Personally I have no idea whether 3G will stay or go and I don't really find posts by people (from any source) who say he is gone or, alternatively, that his isn't definitely staying credible. This is just going to have to play out. Sooner than later I hope, but 3G doesn't seem to like to slam the door on specualtion either and I can't blame him for that. He needs to think of himself and his family first and foremost.

IF he does decide to move on I agree with those that have Jans and Coop at the top of their lists. I think Coop has had plenty of seasoning and I have felt for some time that perhaps it is Coop's destiny to lead the Wichita State program. Still Chris Jans has given this program a lot and he deserves serious consideration.

OTOH, IF 3G decides to stay I will be thrilled. There are so many factors that could swing this one way or the other, but does 3G really want to walk away from the best recruiting class of his coaching life to take on a rebuilding situation. This will not be an easy decision for him. I don't want to build expectation too high for FVV but he certainly is performing like he could be a special, special talent.

Comment

• One thing to consider, if Coop were to move up a step on the coaching rung other than WSU, there's a chance he could nab Dana Ford as his top assistant. From all I've heard Ford is the guy we need to keep from a recruiting standpoint. Wasn't he the primary recruiter for FVV, Early and Hawkins? And he's the one that brought the talent in for Coop to coach at TSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              One thing to consider, if Coop were to move up a step on the coaching rung other than WSU, there's a chance he could nab Dana Ford as his top assistant. From all I've heard Ford is the guy we need to keep from a recruiting standpoint. Wasn't he the primary recruiter for FVV, Early and Hawkins? And he's the one that brought the talent in for Coop to coach at TSU.
                              Ford was definitley the main recruiter for VanVleet and Hawkins. I don't believe we have any for sure info on who was the main recruiter for Early. It very possibly was Greg Heiar.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                @Rosewood:!! Where have you been?
                                @Kung Wu: -- I never left

Comment

Working...
                                X