No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eh, they still look pretty soft. And they get worked on the boards as bad as ever.

They lucked out extremely on their two transfers with Watson and Foster. I think they'll continue to be an also-ran in the BIG EAST.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
      Watching CU and Nova. Has anybody else noticed how much blacker CU is now? And how much more athletic they are now? I'm not trying to be politically incorrect that's not my point. It seems pretty clear to me just how much their recruiting level changed in moving to the Big East. As much as I hate to say it, it really is true. I'm only posting this here because I'm thinking about what it will do for WSU simply to be in a higher level conference like the AAC. If you think we are good now...
      Definatley easier to recruit when you show kids they'll be playing against real teams all year long and will have a good chance of making the Big Dance, even if they don't win the conference season/tourney

My birthday is coming up. Perhaps, they are delaying the announcement until then! :)
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
        Definatley easier to recruit when you show kids they'll be playing against real teams all year long and will have a good chance of making the Big Dance, even if they don't win the conference season/tourney

My birthday is coming up. Perhaps, they are delaying the announcement until then! :)
        Sure hope it is this year!
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• We start:

Junior Top 50
          Freshman Top 100
          Sophomore Top 100
          Junior Juco AA
          Junior OKC POY 2012

To say nothing of the fact that according to 247Sports, WSU has had the superior recruiting class contrasted with CU in 7 out of the last 10 years, 3 out of the last 5 years, as well as the most recent 2 classes.

One might say that CU's move to the BE helped CU move recruiting up to a level similar to what WSU already gets in the MVC.

As with most characteristics associated with the CU MBB program, once you get past skin deep it's all just appearances. There's no meat on the bone to be found; a false bill of goods.

Comment

• Has anyone chech the flight tracker to see if Bardo flew to the AAC tourney to finalize the deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
              Has anyone chech the flight tracker to see if Bardo flew to the AAC tourney to finalize the deal?
              Great idea!

Let us know what you find out ;)
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                I forgot UCF hired Dawkins. Can we please get in that league? Where almost everyone is at least trying?
                They (UCF) are the largest university in the country! Lots of potential there.

Mike Dunleavy Sr. is at Tulane now too. These schools are trying
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                  Can we make a demand that they change the design of the ugly-ass conference tournament floor?
                  They could put a picture of Dan Muller at mid-court for all I care, as long as we can get in.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                    They (UCF) are the largest university in the country! Lots of potential there.

Mike Dunleavy Sr. is at Tulane now too. These schools are trying
                    Unfortunately they still can't get anyone to come to the games at UCF. I have watched a few of their games just to watch Tacko Fall and their arena looks pretty empty.
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                      Unfortunately they still can't get anyone to come to the games at UCF. I have watched a few of their games just to watch Tacko Fall and their arena looks pretty empty.
                      So, we might not have to play a super bowl gauntlet?
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                        So, we might not have to play a super bowl gauntlet?
                        If by somehow we in next year and roll a Top-10 (new blood) squad into town...you can book it now Danny. Super Bowl at quite a few gyms I would guess.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• If we're still in the Valley next year, we'll be everybody's Stupor Bowl. Might have to not allow women and children to watch the Shox road games. It's not going to be pretty.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                            Watching the AAC tournament clearly shows holding the event at a geographical outlier like Hartford does not work. There were far more people in St. Louis.
                            Exactly. I was watching some of UCF vs SMU, and that arena looked maybe 10% full. There was no hiding it on camera. Now, the UCONN vs HOU game was better attended, for obvious reasons, and was pretty fun to watch. I would love to be facing those teams on a yearly basis though.

Comment

• My birthday is coming up. Perhaps, they are delaying the announcement until then! :)[/QUOTE]

My birthday was on the day of the 78-65 beatdown in Omaha. I thought it would be impossible to have a better one, but saying good-bye to the MVC would come close!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                                We start:

Junior Top 50
                                Freshman Top 100
                                Sophomore Top 100
                                Junior Juco AA
                                Junior OKC POY 2012

To say nothing of the fact that according to 247Sports, WSU has had the superior recruiting class contrasted with CU in 7 out of the last 10 years, 3 out of the last 5 years, as well as the most recent 2 classes.

One might say that CU's move to the BE helped CU move recruiting up to a level similar to what WSU already gets in the MVC.

As with most characteristics associated with the CU MBB program, once you get past skin deep it's all just appearances. There's no meat on the bone to be found; a false bill of goods.
                                We don't start a JUCO AA...he comes off the bench. Starter Zach Brown was a concensus top 200, and rated as a top 100 by Future150.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X