Attached Files

Comment

• “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by grudkin View Post
          He does say "at this time."

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• I'm getting tired of the constant guessing game. I don't understand why articles about it being likely get published and at the same time the commissioner is saying it's not even remotely possible.

Or last year when Bardo publishes a bunch of football hype and it turns out that was nothing. It all just makes you a little tired of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
              I'm getting tired of the constant guessing game. I don't understand why articles about it being likely get published and at the same time the commissioner is saying it's not even remotely possible.

Or last year when Bardo publishes a bunch of football hype and it turns out that was nothing. It all just makes you a little tired of it.
              The articles are rarely ever published by the people actually involved. It's not like WSU is coming out and saying "we are asking the AAC for membership" or vice versa. It's all 3rd, 4th, 5th hand hearsay.

Now the Bardo announcement was odd, but also was trying to get ahead of the game I'm sure due to these types of leaks. So far Bardo has been VERY good for WSU, so In Bardo I Trust.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                I'm getting tired of the constant guessing game. I don't understand why articles about it being likely get published and at the same time the commissioner is saying it's not even remotely possible.

I agree. The back-and-forth is old.

But nothing's gonna get me down these next few weeks.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I wonder what to take out of that? No dice? Politicking?

Evidently it is time to try and do everything we can to push the A-10, even though I am sure we have. I would love to be with Dayton and VCU, period. If it requires being in the A-10, well at least we know we will be in a stable, multi-bid league for a while.

Maybe we need Paul to write an article about how the A-10 has been seriously evaluating Wichita State. See if that changes the tune a little more in the AAC. Joking, sort of.

I wish football would just fade in popularity already. Unfortunately it is king and it looks to remain that way for a while longer. If they were to add us to the AAC, I would promise to watch a lot more AAC football.
                  Last edited by Heinro; March 7, 2017, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    The articles are rarely ever published by the people actually involved. It's not like WSU is coming out and saying "we are asking the AAC for membership" or vice versa. It's all 3rd, 4th, 5th hand hearsay.

Now the Bardo announcement was odd, but also was trying to get ahead of the game I'm sure due to these types of leaks. So far Bardo has been VERY good, so In Bardo I Trust.
                    most of this I agree with, but I have a different take on Bardo.

Comment

• Let the Shox Join your Conference!

For the Love of God!!
                      Attached Files
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• For the Commissioner to actually make a formal statement like that tells me it's NOT happening. The Valley will get worse and worse until Marshall finally can't recruit players he wants anymore because the league is so bad, and he'll take a Power 5 gig. We're stuck on a sinking ship and it looks like there is no realistic place to go to improve our situation. I'm pretty sure that in 5-10 years, the AAC will be in the same situation the MVC is in now. I wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years, every league in the country will be one bid except the Power 5 and Big East.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
                          For the Commissioner to actually make a formal statement like that tells me it's NOT happening. The Valley will get worse and worse until Marshall finally can't recruit players he wants anymore because the league is so bad, and he'll take a Power 5 gig. We're stuck on a sinking ship and it looks like there is no realistic place to go to improve our situation. I'm pretty sure that in 5-10 years, the AAC will be in the same situation the MVC is in now. I wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years, every league in the country will be one bid except the Power 5 and Big East.
                          So you live in Omaha huh?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• not saying I like it.

Comment

• I guess the VCU AD also confirmed that they are not interested in the AAC and are committed to the A10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
                                WSU Grad 1980. Still living in your parent's basement?
                                Nope. Living in your mom's bedroom.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X