X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State interested in joining Mountain West, considering football

Comment

• I LOL'd so hard at this low ball cost prediction:

If Wichita State adds FBS football, it would cost in the neighborhood of $50 million to build the program from scratch, several industry sources told CBS Sports. A renovation of Cessna Stadium, the old football facility would cost at least $20 million alone.
      Going to cost at least twice, if not three times that amount to re-start football here if we have dreams of the MWC. Cessna can't be renovated. It's a pile of crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
        I LOL'd so hard at this low ball cost prediction:

Going to cost at least twice, if not three times that amount to re-start football here if we have dreams of the MWC. Cessna can't be renovated. It's a pile of crap.
        Lay out your numbers.

The MWC/AAC schools spend about $10M-$15M per annum on their FB programs, so I'm curious how you've come to the $100M conclusion. Are we building a U of Houston level of stadium and then buying a 737?

Comment

• God please not the MWC. AAC or Big East are a much better fit and with Big 12 about to expand there will be a domino effect that we could benefit from.

Comment

• The Valley of Even is quickly going to become the Valley of Screw Wichita State (even more than it already is.)

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
              God please not the MWC. AAC or Big East are a much better fit and with Big 12 about to expand there will be a domino effect that we could benefit from.
              I don't think u have to worry about MWC since their commissioner said unequivocally hell would freeze over before they would let wsu into the conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
                God please not the MWC. AAC or Big East are a much better fit and with Big 12 about to expand there will be a domino effect that we could benefit from.
                Sure....but if and when there is a domino effect...it'll be a billion times easier to move to another higher profile conference coming from the MWC. I'm with you about the AAC or Big East...but certainly absolutely take the first bidder. If that winds up being the MWC...then run to it!!!
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  Sure....but if and when there is a domino effect...it'll be a billion times easier to move to another higher profile conference coming from the MWC. I'm with you about the AAC or Big East...but certainly absolutely take the first bidder. If that winds up being the MWC...then run to it!!!
                  I don't think anyone is bidding for Wichita State...
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    The Valley of Even is quickly going to become the Valley of Screw Wichita State
                    Is there a difference?

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                      I don't think anyone is bidding for Wichita State...
                      Unfortunately, this is a reality we may have to come to grips with. We've been shopping around, but no takers.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I think at this point any conference is better then the Valley of screw jobs

Comment

• There's a taker out there. Seeds are planted and Wichita St. is on the short-list. Bardo ain't nobody's fool.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• MWC sounds unpromising -- good. If I were king and could give WSU a non-football home (which is what I'd do if I were king), I'd much rather it be in the AAC.

Comment

• Without a future commitment to add football, we're simply...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                                There's a taker out there. Seeds are planted and Wichita St. is on the short-list. Bardo ain't nobody's fool.
                                Yup... I to think there is a taker out there, with or without football. If Bardo likes and takes the option we are presented with is a different story. Whether or not it's eventually the MWC (which I personally think would be awesome; I'm a grad student at SDSU) that comes calling, I don't think this tidbit would have hit the media outlets without someone wanting it to get out. Bargaining chip. Somebody doesn't know if we're serious or not, I think this shows we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X