American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    The sight of the helmet got ole WstateU’s heart racing…
    I would prefer Wu on the helmet.

Comment

• I found this Dec - 15 article from one of the other MVC schools concerning WSU's future from their perspective. It even mentions one of our own SN posters - I thought you were older.

http://www.tribstar.com/sports/todd-aaron-golden-wichita-state-thinks-big-time-to-get/article_f419024f-5da1-53c3-bb6c-1a64294987e7.html

If there's one school in the league that I think could pull it off, it would be WSU. Money has not been a problem there, especially since Gregg Marshall has taken men's basketball into the national stratosphere. Shocker Fever has been alive and well in Wichita for the last 15 years and there's no sign of it abating.

Comment

• Great play by Bardo today. Definitely sent a message and opened some eyes.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I'm sure Marshall will be getting some ESPN love later tonight after setting the schools coaching win record...so perfect timing by Bardo to put that out there today. Might just get a few more miles (mentions) about Wichita St. tonight.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

#3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

#2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I know new D1 football programs must start at the FCS level and can later move to FBS. Does anyone know how long a program has to exist before it can become FBS?
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
              I want that helmet
              Me, too. But not until they wipe the purple tint off of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                Me, too. But not until they wipe the purple tint off of it.
                If I had to guess, that was just a generic helmet from the consultants with a wsu decal slapped on.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                  This is probably a tease, but President Bardo Tweet was interesting

https://twitter.com/President_Bardo/...32766874415104
                  IMO President Bardo is too serious a professional to issue a "tease"; this appears to be a signal to a Conference (MVC ? and/or AAC?) that WSU is serious about adding football. I also believe it signals that President Bardo has received more than casual interest from potential donors they will make significant contributions to underwrite the costs of such a venture by WSU.

Comment

• Where's Willie Jeff? Isn't he the one that sits in on the meetings amongst the donors at Flint Hills? What's the scoop WJJ?
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                      WSU-leased Private Jet just filed a flight plan to New Orleans.

Hmmm, reading between the lines.....

The Sun Belt Conference
                      1500 Sugar Bowl Drive
                      New Orleans, LA 70112
                      Phone: 504-299-9066
                      Administrative Fax: 504-299-9067
                      Championships/Media Fax: 504-299-9068
                      Hey! Another "X-Files" fan! ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                        Where's Willie Jeff? Isn't he the one that sits in on the meetings amongst the donors at Flint Hills? What's the scoop WJJ?
                        I wonder if, at some point in the Marshall discussions, there was talk about what would KEEP WSU visible beyond any one coach and football was mentioned? Seeds planted...maybe SOME even volunteered to water them.

Comment

• I wonder just how fast a football program could get started in theory. If they did decide to do it, would it be realistic to have a team in the 2017 season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                            I wonder just how fast a football program could get started in theory. If they did decide to do it, would it be realistic to have a team in the 2017 season?
                            My guess would be 2018.

Comment

I wonder just how fast a football program could get started in theory. If they did decide to do it, would it be realistic to have a team in the 2017 season?
                              The way this Bardo fellow works...nothing would surprise. He's moving lightning quick and the trajectory is defintently rising north.
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

#3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

#2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

You would probably have to give a coaching staff a FULL year to recruit (if not more). So...it would probably need to be announced by the end of this semester with a coaching staff in place shortly after. You also have to get the stadium situation figured out. Not sure how long it would take for a stadium to be built from scratch. Yeah, I'll go with WheatShock and agree that 2018 would probably be the earliest.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X