No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe the MVC is looking at UAB not because they want the mess of 11 schools, but because WSU is soon vacating their membership.

Yeah, it is a reach, but whatevs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
      You have more confidence in the MVC than I do.

IMO, the MVC doesn't want to go beyond 10 members, and 90% of the Valley would be taking a bus to Alabama. Even having serious discussions with UAB surprises me.
      That they have reached out to UAB is what gives me confidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        Maybe the MVC is looking at UAB not because they want the mess of 11 schools, but because WSU is soon vacating their membership.
        That is what I'm hoping for.
        The Assman

Comment

• The MVC also reached out to Vegas, KC, Chicago, and Indianapolis to host the MVC tournament and that got us a historic announcement. Historic announcement coming this summer: the MVC is staying at 10 teams!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
            The MVC also reached out to Vegas, KC, Chicago, and Indianapolis to host the MVC tournament and that got us a historic announcement. Historic announcement coming this summer: the MVC is staying at 10 teams!!!!
            That whole thing was so lame it was beyond words. Classic MVC

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
              I want UAB, Tulsa, Memphis and Murray State.

Fine. Keep the MVC towards the East but maybe let's bump it down south a bit.
              Tulsa has football, not coming.

Comment

• St. Louis a better possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Tulsa has football, not coming.
                  I usually just throw things around as wishful thinking. I'm aware we won't get a Tulsa or Memphis without a lot off odd things taking place. I do think UAB is a slam dunk situation though.

It also sets a precedent for any other teams with decent athletic departments that need to drop football. We may get other people calling and you never know where that might lead.

Comment

• What If the MVC said they wanted basketball only schools in the conference? No schools with football. Who would that knock out?

Comment

• I bet Murray State would be as interested as ever in joining after a season like this. Look at a map as it pertains to Birmingham Alabama and Murray Kentucky. It's not a bad geography for the MVC.

Comment

• Right now everyone else but Loyola and E'ville.

Comment

I bet Murray State would be as interested as ever in joining after a season like this. Look at a map as it pertains to Birmingham Alabama and Murray Kentucky. It's not a bad geography for the MVC.
                          Murray State has football.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            Murray State has football.
                            FCS football, just like the rest of the MVFC.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                              FCS football, just like the rest of the MVFC.
                              I do think the MVC has a very good FCS conference. Wouldn't it be fairly attractive to another FCS athletic department?

Comment

I do think the MVC has a very good FCS conference. Wouldn't it be fairly attractive to another FCS athletic department?
                                I don't really have an opinion or any context. NDSU is certainly the big dog in FCS, but I have no knowledge on the rest of the MVFC. I just assumed that when shockmonster said that Murray had football that he maybe thought they had FBS football, meaning a huge impediment to moving to the MVC.

Comment

Working...
                                X