American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
    According to Frank the Tank who has a pretty good track record, WSU is not a likely realignment target due to "off the court issues." He says MVC expansion is likely by adding UAB and probably Valpo or UIC:

http://frankthetank.me/2015/03/25/up...down-the-line/
    He says Wichita State is an unlikely target for conferences we weren't expecting to take us anyways. The hope is we can encourage the AAC and/or the MWC to want to add a non-football school. He doesn't say that we are unattractive for those conferences, just that they don't want a non-football school.

As for the MVC, if UIC is added I will kick Elgin in the balls next time I see him. Not even kidding.

Comment

According to Frank the Tank who has a pretty good track record, WSU is not a likely realignment target due to "off the court issues." He says MVC expansion is likely by adding UAB and probably Valpo or UIC:

What I think Frank, and others, don't realize is big markets don't matter if no one gives two $hits about your program.

I could almost guarantee you that WSU is as well, if not more, supported as a school like SLU.

Sucess and support will bring more $$$
      The Assman

Comment

Here's where Frank fails:

The American Athletic Conference (AAC) and Mountain West Conference (MWC) don’t seem interested at all in adding non-football members, so Wichita State won’t be considered.
        Compared to:

If the MVC adds UAB, the league would be unlikely to stay at just 11 members.
        In one breath he says the AAC won't add non-football members (thus staying at 11 members), and in the next he says that the MVC won't stay at 11 members. The AAC is going to add a non-football member for the same reason the MVC would add two rather than one: Neither conference is going to stay at 11 members long-term.

Now, whether WSU is that non-football member the AAC will add? That's entirely up for debate. But the AAC's not staying at 11 members permanently, and they aren't going to add a football school, because they're not going to roll with 13 football teams. And Navy isn't bringing in their Olympic sports. So yes, the AAC is adding a non-football member.
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• And my nightmare of staying in the MVC while the MVC strengthens itself through eastward expansion is coming truer everyday. I don't mind staying in the MVC, but if we're in the MVC and have the travel distance we'd have in some other conference, I'll bit a bit peeved. Honestly, if we're going after UIC and Valpo, why the hell not just get UMKC in there so we can have a closer opponent.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
            why the hell not just get UMKC in there so we can have a closer opponent.
            ...cause we have absolutely NOTHING to gain by playing UMKC and everything to lose. Wait......only people from that part of the country say that kinda bs. What am I thinking... Lol
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
              And my nightmare of staying in the MVC while the MVC strengthens itself through eastward expansion is coming truer everyday. I don't mind staying in the MVC, but if we're in the MVC and have the travel distance we'd have in some other conference, I'll bit a bit peeved. Honestly, if we're going after UIC and Valpo, why the hell not just get UMKC in there so we can have a closer opponent.
              However, UAB and New Mexico State? That's an MVC worth sticking with.
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                However, UAB and New Mexico State? That's an MVC worth sticking with.
                Toss out a couple more teams and add
                - Belmont
                - Murry St.
                - Valpo
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                  Toss out a couple more teams and add
                  - Belmont
                  - Murry St.
                  - Valpo
                  I'd say NMSU, UAB, Denver, and one of those. Roll with 14. Get a TV revenue deal.

Comment

What I think Frank, and others, don't realize is big markets don't matter if no one gives two $hits about your program.
                    EXACTLY!!!
                    Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                    Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• I'd say WSU should branch off and make a conference with Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, Michigan St., Ohio State, Louiville, Arizona, and Connecticut. It's plausible

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                        I'd say WSU should branch off and make a conference with Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, Michigan St., Ohio State, Louiville, Arizona, and Connecticut. It's plausible
                        I like it.

Maybe we can add the NY Knicks too.
                        The Assman

Comment

I like it.

Maybe we can add the NY Knicks too.
                          Why?
                          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                            Why?
                            Every conference needs a doormat...

Comment

• Thanks RR, I now have to clean my desk after I spit coffee all over the place. That was extremely well played!

If UAB and Valpo are added to the MVC, those are decent adds. Still probably not enough without vast improvement from the bottom half of the league, but it would be a strong improvement. However, I don't see any of the Illinois schools okaying having to travel to Alabama, its more than 1 state away which is by rule, not acceptable.
                              -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                                I'd say WSU should branch off and make a conference with Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, Michigan St., Ohio State, Louiville, Arizona, and Connecticut. It's plausible
                                Sounds good but I'd leave out Kansas, just because...
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X