American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    Little old Drake University has put more players in the NFL than powerhouse Missouri State.
    I think Connor Barth went to DU. They have one kicker in the NFL, I know that.

Edit: billy cundiff
    Last edited by shock; September 19, 2014, 08:03 PM.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Increased Enrollment

Kung Wu - I've been out of town the past 2 weeks on vacation. What is the new WSU enrollment for this fall now? I heard in Aug that it would be published sometime in mid-Sept.

Comment

• Originally posted by xazshox View Post
        Kung Wu - I've been out of town the past 2 weeks on vacation. What is the new WSU enrollment for this fall now? I heard in Aug that it would be published sometime in mid-Sept.
        I don't think they have released enrollment numbers yet, but it has been published that there has been an 18% increase in the freshman class.

http://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/b...a=twt&page=all
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by xazshox View Post
          I don't know, but I bet someone will report it soon. I do know that applications were going gang busters.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• dr. barto mentioned that the members were up quite a bit and the admissions folks were going to change a few things in the way that they recruit new students. at the saso board meeting for september he seemed to be pretty pleased and was really excited about the potential for the innovation campus to recruit him a lot more students especially those that would have generally some education at the other two larger state schools.

Comment

• A little something to chew on as cincinnati has hired colorado's prior athletic director, and are praying for a chance to get out of the american athletic conference....

The Cincinnati Bearcats basketball attendance for all home games at Fifth Third Arena is down 7.4% from the previous season. UC averaged 8,567 in 2013-14.

Comment

• Originally posted by InWuWeTrust View Post
                A little something to chew on as cincinnati has hired colorado's prior athletic director, and are praying for a chance to get out of the american athletic conference....

http://cincyontheprowl.com/2014/07/0...-home-games-7/
                Cincinnati and Missouri State to the ACC.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Absolutely, MVJ -- it's a natural pairing.

Comment

• Originally posted by InWuWeTrust View Post
                    A little something to chew on as cincinnati has hired colorado's prior athletic director, and are praying for a chance to get out of the american athletic conference....

http://cincyontheprowl.com/2014/07/0...-home-games-7/
                    So what's new? Cincy has been trying to join the B1G, B12 or the ACC since the Big East breakup. Same for UConn with the ACC or B1G. At which point Temple would try to rejoin the A10. Everybody else is pissed because they're stuck in CUSA Part Deux. Memphis offers to give up it's left nut to get into the SEC. SMU and UH offer up their first born male child to the B12. Tulsa considers begging the WAC for re-entry, but instead ops to remain in CUSA Part Deux; but only after adding a direction to their name, so they fit in.
                    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Interesting read on Mississippi State Football, currently ranked #1 in AP Poll.

The Starkville, Miss., school spent $15.3 million on football in fiscal 2013, according to the most recent data available from the U.S. Department of Education. That makes Mississippi State thriftier than every SEC member and all but seven of the 65 schools in the five richest conferences (including independent Notre Dame). Alabama, which hosts Mississippi State on Nov. 15 in the Bulldogs’ next matchup with a currently ranked team, spent $41.5 million on football expenses. It allocates almost as much for coaches’ salaries ($11.8 million) as Mississippi State does for its entire football program.

Comment

• Conference realignment and soccer — all in one Wichita State blog post

Paul always does a good job.

Comment

• WSU is one T-Boone Pickens away, from really rocketing off. If they had an alum pouring that much money into athletics and other areas, they very well could become a BCS-like school.

I guarantee you this: If I become the next Mark Zuckerberg, you know damn well WSU would have the nicest **** around!
                          The Assman

Comment

• I must be dense, but I'm having trouble grasping this statement from the article by Sully. Does the following statement reference that a large part of our athletic budget is funded by donations, contributions, and sponsorship like you might see at a private university? And those funding sources have grown considerably over the last 5 years?

"Over the past five years, WSU has become to look less like an MVC school and more like … well, it looks more like a private school and that’s part of the problem."

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy
                            Last edited by Shocker-maniac; November 4, 2014, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                              I must be dense, but I'm having trouble grasping this statement from the article by Sully. Does the following statement reference that a large part of our athletic budget is funded by donations, contributions, and sponsorship like you might see at a private university? And those funding sources have grown considerably over the last 5 years?

"Over the past five years, WSU has become to look less like an MVC school and more like … well, it looks more like a private school and that’s part of the problem."

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy
                              Good question. I took it to mean in how the athletic department is structured. ie. no football.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                Good question. I took it to mean in how the athletic department is structured. ie. no football.
                                But that (no football) hasn't changed in the past 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X