• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
    Whut
    Please check your meter.

Comment

• Damn it. I say we just give up the auto bid and make our own damn confrence! When was the last time we had an auto-bid anyway? Plus, if you add good bball programs you don't need an auto because more than likely the team getting the auto would also be an at-large.
      β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
      -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• I talked to Dr. Beggs before he left WSU about Dr Bardo and his commitment to athletics since Dr. Bardo seemed more reticent as far as his his athletic interests. Dr Begss assured me that Dr Bardo was very aware of how athletics was the face of the University and was very supportive of the athletic program and ADES. He did say he is not the type to be a "cheerleader" type of guy like he and his wife were perceived. As I have stated before while I was in the Marines one of my duties was the receipt and dispensing of classified material for our squadron. I had to read it all and pass on this material to the appropriate commanders. My peers and some of my superiors always wanted to know the "scoop". Handling classified material is strictly on a "need to know" basis. I would assume that much of what goes on at the President and AD level falls into this criteria. As much as "we" would like to know we aren't deemed to "need" until such time as movement is needed. As Shockref is so fond of saying "That is all".

Comment

• You want the truth?!?! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
          -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
            I'd be stunned stupid (okay, stupider) if Bardo would do anything to help with Shocker athletics. He has clear goals for WSU (ones that I like) but I don't think they have anything to do with Athletics. My complete idiotic outside read based on comments in the WBJ, Eagle, and the such is that he is way less interested than his predecessor.
            You don't feel the love?

Maybe you need to get in on this:

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
              I talked to Dr. Beggs before he left WSU about Dr Bardo and his commitment to athletics since Dr. Bardo seemed more reticent as far as his his athletic interests. Dr Begss assured me that Dr Bardo was very aware of how athletics was the face of the University and was very supportive of the athletic program and ADES. He did say he is not the type to be a "cheerleader" type of guy like he and his wife were perceived. As I have stated before while I was in the Marines one of my duties was the receipt and dispensing of classified material for our squadron. I had to read it all and pass on this material to the appropriate commanders. My peers and some of my superiors always wanted to know the "scoop". Handling classified material is strictly on a "need to know" basis. I would assume that much of what goes on at the President and AD level falls into this criteria. As much as "we" would like to know we aren't deemed to "need" until such time as movement is needed. As Shockref is so fond of saying "That is all".
              So what I think your saying is we don't have a "need to know" on all the work Bardo is doing to get WSU into a new conference for Fall 2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                I just realized we don't hear about their Steak Chunk Chili anymore...
                That stuff is so good.

Comment

• Forgive me if I'm late to the party on this, but how many people have suggested the Atlantic 10? The RPI rankings of the conference has been above the MVC for the last several years, and although the conference is not top to bottom stacked with quality teams, the teams in the conference have a rich basketball history. Dayton, La Salle, Richmond, St. Louis, UMass, GW, George Mason, VCU, Davidson
                  I will say that it doesn't make geographic sense, but with all the realignments that have happened that doesn't seem to be a concern to anyone else that has switched conferences.

Thoughts?

Correction: Listed teams that have since moved. Updated.
                  Last edited by Flip1381; January 31, 2014, 12:25 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

• It has to make some geographic sense. Not for men's basketball, but for the travel considerations of all the other sports. Frequent bus rides to the east coast for WBB, BSB, VB and SB won't be very fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      So what I think your saying is we don't have a "need to know" on all the work Bardo is doing to get WSU into a new conference for Fall 2014.
                      You know for having been in the Army you are pretty smart.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        You know for having been in the Army you are pretty smart.
                        So you are on record saying WSU is in a new conference this fall?
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          It has to make some geographic sense. Not for men's basketball, but for the travel considerations of all the other sports. Frequent bus rides to the east coast for WBB, BSB, VB and SB won't be very fun.
                          There is a limit on how far you can bus teams. Anything to the East Coast would no doubt be travel by air. So you better make sure the economics of any move can more than cover that additional expense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip1381 View Post
                            Forgive me if I'm late to the party on this, but how many people have suggested the Atlantic 10? The RPI rankings of the conference has been above the MVC for the last several years, and although the conference is not top to bottom stacked with quality teams, the teams in the conference have a rich basketball history. Dayton, La Salle, Richmond, St. Louis, UMass, GW, George Mason, VCU, Davidson
                            I will say that it doesn't make geographic sense, but with all the realignments that have happened that doesn't seem to be a concern to anyone else that has switched conferences.

Thoughts?

Correction: Listed teams that have since moved. Updated.
                            We are a fit for basketball, but we don't fit geography wise with the A10. The closest schools are STL and Dayton and there is the risk that they go to the Big East. If the Big East never expanded maybe the A10 could poach some MVC schools and make a midwest division, but unless that happens the monetary and time costs to compete on the other side of the country would be prohibitive. We are better off in the MVC than the A10.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                              So you are on record saying WSU is in a new conference this fall?
                              No. Just on the need to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                                IMO the Big East is probably looking at the following East West Divisional Conference -
                                Western Division Eastern Division
                                Creighton (Omaha) Villanova (Philadelphia)
                                Xavier (Cincinnati) Providence (Rhode Island)
                                Marquette (Milwaukee) Seton Hall (New Jersey)
                                DePaul (Chicago) St Johns (New York City)
                                Butler (Indianapolis) Georgetown (Washington DC)
                                St Louis VCU
                                Memphis George Washington
                                Dayton Massachusetts
                                I don't know any more than you do, 1976, which is to say that neither of us has a clue. But I'd be stunned if the New Big East has any interest in state schools or football schools, especially considering that football was the source of the old incarnation's demise. Your list contains two plausible NBE candidates, St. Louis and Dayton, and both are in a happy position: welcome in the not-so-Atlantic 10 (St. Louis is on the Pacific side of the Mississippi River, for heaven's sake) and desirable to the NBE because they match the profile so nicely.

Comment

Working...
                                X