No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Provision of Boise back into MWC is that San Diego State must be the next invite.

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• I'm also seeing reports that SDSU doesn't have the votes. Not sure where all that's coming from. I haven't seen or heard what the SDSU president said when they decided to leave, but I'm guessing it wasn't nice.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        I'm also seeing reports that SDSU doesn't have the votes. Not sure where all that's coming from. I haven't seen or heard what the SDSU president said when they decided to leave, but I'm guessing it wasn't nice.
        IIRC, San Diego St. helped Boise get the remaining sports accepted in to the WCC, which was essential for them to join the BE as a football only member.
        "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
          Provision of Boise back into MWC is that San Diego State must be the next invite.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...-mountain-west
          Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          I'm also seeing reports that SDSU doesn't have the votes. Not sure where all that's coming from. I haven't seen or heard what the SDSU president said when they decided to leave, but I'm guessing it wasn't nice.
          This must be what the other article was referring to stating that "the Aztecs would have to come back on the conference's terms".

So, the way I read this is that, by Jan 31, the MWC only needs to invite SDSU before anyone else. However, acceptence by either party is not required by Boise St on whether they complete the final steps of coming back to the MWC, as the SDSU/MWC terms must be mutually agreeable.

Quite a mess these teams have gotten into with the Big East, MWC, and Big West.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
            How would the MWC split the dollars with the non football school?
            Get football and the question is moot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Signman View Post
              Get football and the question is moot.
              Yep, it's that easy... :rolleyes-new:
              "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
                Boise State rejoins the MWC as the BE continues to crumble.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...conference-all
                Here is a link to a copy of the Agreement between Boise St and the MWC.

I find it interesting that the MWC is agreeing to pay up to $3 million of Boise State's exit fees to the Big East and Big West.

Comment

• 99% probability of MWC being an 11 or 12 team league in 2013.

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Boise came out like bandits on that deal. They still will have an uneven number of teams for a sport. They should even out basketball to make a tourney easier.

Comment

• A poster on Holylandhoops claiming inside knowledge said a proposal to add Creighton, Butler and Xavier was to be discussed at yesterday's meeting of C-7 Presidents. Instead of the normal no comment, the Creighton President says it would be premature to comment.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                        A poster on Holylandhoops claiming inside knowledge said a proposal to add Creighton, Butler and Xavier was to be discussed at yesterday's meeting of C-7 Presidents. Instead of the normal no comment, the Creighton President says it would be premature to comment.
                        From other things I have read on yesterday's meeting they also agreed to move up the start of the new conference to July 1, 2014 instead of July 1, 2015. If that is true, then they must have worked out some agreement with the Big East on their exit fees so that they could leave 1 year early (under Big East rules they have to give 27 months notice to leave without paying exit fees). Either that or the new Fox Sports Network insisted on the earlier start and made it financially worthwile to pay some exit fees to get the new TV contract.

Comment

• Some funny stuff from Terrence Haute Trib Star Trees Beat Writer Todd Golden on MVC Conference realignment. He must also take time to read the most delusional and awful fan forum I have ever seen.
                          The beat writer for Indiana State checks in on the Sycamores and their recent success.

Stay undefeated in the MVC for two more weeks!
                          P.S. there is also some great stuff by Oourt Jester in this thread by your CBB FAN:
                          BigEastbbs: The #1 Board for Big East Conference sports on the internet.
                          Last edited by Jay Dog; January 5, 2013, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• The latest!
                            $500 million
                            Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Wowza!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay Dog View Post
                              Some funny stuff from Terrence Haute Trib Star Trees Beat Writer Todd Golden on MVC Conference realignment. He must also take time to read the most delusional and awful fan forum I have ever seen.
                              The beat writer for Indiana State checks in on the Sycamores and their recent success.

Stay undefeated in the MVC for two more weeks!
                              P.S. there is also some great stuff by Oourt Jester in this thread by your CBB FAN:
                              http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=608810&page=8
                              At least now we know that jester has been lying all along about being a WSU fan.

Comment

• This part of the article is very interesting. Apparently the CATHOLIC 7 may be trying to get twice as much money as they are willing to give to the new members. That is strange since the new members may actually earn more money in the ncaa tournament than the Catholic 7. I also have a feeling that the $500 million, 12 year deal with the new Fox Sports Cable channel may hinge on the Catholic 7 keeping the Big East name, which they may or may not be able to negotiate (which is probably why they have hired a top notch New York law firm to represent them).

The Catholic 7 do have a lot to negotiate with the remaining 4 Big East members: $40 to $60 million in exit fees from the schools that are leaving the Big East before the Catholic 7 leave, the $27+ million in annual Big East revenue from the ncaa basketball tournament, and the rule that says they have to wait 27 months to leave the conference. But if they really have a $500 million TV deal waiting in the winds, it behooves them to settle these issues as quickly as possible which means they probably need to avoid litigation if at all possible.

Excerpt from the January 5, 2013 espn article:
                                http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=8817624&wjb

It is believed the "Catholic 7" would divide its share of the television rights evenly and split the rest among what ideally will become the other three-to-five schools that it adds to form a 10- to 12-team conference. One source said it is likely the new schools wouldn't share the same amount as the "Catholic 7," which would allow the former Big East basketball schools to earn in the $5 million range. It's thought that free agent schools such as the ones in the Atlantic 10 would be fine with making less than half of that on an annual basis because they currently pull in $400,000 a year. However, under current conference bylaws, there's a required 27-month window in order not to owe exit fees.

In a perfect situation, the "Catholic 7" would be able to leave the Big East at the end of this season and bring in new members, which would allow its television contract to begin next season. Perhaps the promise of new money would allow it to pay fees to get out earlier.

Comment

Working...
                                X