American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    The fans are one thing, but I thought I read in some places that UCONN was a big if not the main driving force in getting us added.
    Yeah I believe the fans and the administration feel 2 different things. All good, but wholly moly lol
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
      Lol you guys weren't kidding. Don't go to the UCONN board. Wow, pretty narrow minded souls. They think we are only good short term and as long as Marshall is here. They fail to realize that we have the money and resources to keep it going.

Oh well, they will get their eyes opened soon enough lol.

Anyway, carry on. :)
      Wait, so UCONN fans, fans of a school that had 4 NCAA wins prior to Jim Calhoun (WSU had 8 prior to Gregg Marshall) and that, in spite of an NCAA championship with Calhoun's players after his retirement, has collapsed after losing that coach are high an mighty about a program that is mostly about a single coach? I think they may need to go ask some psychology professors at their school about the concept of projection.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Man I'm telling you, the guy that runs the @NoEscalators (We take the stairs) UCONN twitter feed is freaking hilarious.
        Oh, really now? 🤔

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
          Lol you guys weren't kidding. Don't go to the UCONN board. Wow, pretty narrow minded souls. They think we are only good short term and as long as Marshall is here. They fail to realize that we have the money and resources to keep it going.

Oh well, they will get their eyes opened soon enough lol.

Anyway, carry on. :)
          As I've said before, the Boneyard is more extreme than the actual fan-base. The resentment they have has more to do with being left behind, losing traditional rivalries, and being treated like second class citizens as a non-P5 school. It's more about that than anything to do with WSU. Again, I think UCONN and WSU have a good amount in common, and I would think WSU fans would understand.

We love seeing ranked opponents at Gampel/the XL Center. The game will be sold out and on ESPN. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
            I've had a similar experience although it was when my oldest daughter was an infant and I was changing her diaper but it was about that explosive. My wife still teases me about it and that was 45 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
              As I've said before, the Boneyard is more extreme than the actual fan-base. The resentment they have has more to do with being left behind, losing traditional rivalries, and being treated like second class citizens as a non-P5 school. It's more about that than anything to do with WSU. Again, I think UCONN and WSU have a good amount in common, and I would think WSU fans would understand.

We love seeing ranked opponents at Gampel/the XL Center. The game will be sold out and on ESPN. Looking forward to it.
              Hey quit being rational! How are we supposed to feel like we are really in a new conference if we don't already have bickering and trash talk with at least one other fan base.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

The fans are one thing, but I thought I read in some places that UCONN was a big if not the main driving force in getting us added.
                This is true. I worked for UCONN from 2012-2016 and have some higher-up friends within the administration. UCONN spearheaded the movement to add WSU.

Comment

This is true. I worked for UCONN from 2012-2016 and have some higher-up friends within the administration. UCONN spearheaded the movement to add WSU.
                  We will do our best to warrant that support. And I for one am grateful as hell for any support we received from anyone to make this happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    We will do our best to warrant that support. And I for one am grateful as hell for any support we received from anyone to make this happen.
                    No doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fake Gregg Marshall View Post
                      Oh, really now? 樂
                      There is now a Wichita, South Dakota twitter handle. "The official Convention and Visitors Bureau of Wichita, South Dakota. Home of the Wichita State Shockers. We take the escalator, it's just smarter."

You'll have to up your game, FGM.
                      Last edited by Rocky Mountain Shock; April 4, 2017, 06:22 PM.
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Even UCONN still feels bad about Kemba Walker getting all those calls... They are trying to make it up to us!!
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                          There is now a Wichita, South Dakota twitter handle. "The official Convention and Visitors Bureau of Wichita, South Dakota. Home of the Wichita State Shockers. We take the escalator, it's just smarter."

You'll have to up your game.
                          Solid work, really.

Comment

I understand. All teams have fans like that. I was speaking mostly of those fans on that board. Interactions with the ones on our board and the AAC board have been good. I am looking forward to it! :)
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I'm still not believing a rumor. Show me proof like an official announcement.

Comment

Even UCONN still feels bad about Kemba Walker getting all those calls... They are trying to make it up to us!!
                                Imagine if at the time of that game someone said UConn and Wichita State would be conference mates in 7 years. Crazy how much things can change.

Comment

Working...
                                X