American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    But they're also doing this with the kids Majerus brought in. I don't think that most believe they'll continue this once his kids are gone in a couple of years and will fall back down to being mediocre. CU will still be a solid program without SoW.
    Don't disagree. This may very well happen. However, being in St Louis, they look quite good now. So what problem might one invision them having in finding a quality coach and that coach getting quality recruits, if they are part of the "C7 whatever" and not falling back to being mediocre.

Comment

I still think the too far comments are funny considering the C7 schools have been traveling farther South in the BE than they would travel West for CU
      '

Do you mean USF?

It seems like a resonable concern. It could be they want to correct the silliness of the geograpic footprint of the Big "East". It is 435 miles from Omaha to St. Louis, the next furthest West school. If they are seriously considering Detroit Mercy, then maybe common sense has set in as it relates to the distance b/t conference schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
        '

Do you mean USF?

It seems like a resonable concern. It could be they want to correct the silliness of the geograpic footprint of the Big "East". It is 435 miles from Omaha to St. Louis, the next furthest West school. If they are seriously considering Detroit Mercy, then maybe common sense has set in as it relates to the distance b/t conference schools.
        Both Chicago and Milwaukee are closer to Omaha than Detroit. They're not being considered by the way. And if they go to 12+ they could ease travel burdens by going to divisions. And going even further, they could do divisions in everything but basketball if they so chose so the likes of Marquette could still play Georgetown or whoever twice a season.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Both Chicago and Milwaukee are closer to Omaha than Detroit.
          Chicago to Omaha: 471 miles
          Chicago to Detroit: 283 miles

Milwaukee to Omaha: 512 miles
          Milwaukee to Detroit: 373 miles

Comment

• I meant than Detroit is to Omaha. The western schools have zero problem with Omaha. It's the likes of Providence that seem to complain.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Understand. At some point that one school can be a bridge too far. My point is that I don't think it is an "excuse."

Comment

• If the C7 does want to do six and six, I could see CU getting left out. It really comes down to what they think of Dayton and SLU. Some C7 fans don't like Dayton for some reason and SLU has questions but a great market. Dayton draws extremely well and is pretty solid. But if you already have DePaul and Marquette and are adding Xavier and Butler, Dayton and SLU could make sense. Travel partners for other sports would be DePaul/SLU, Marquette/Butler and Xavier/Dayton. Works out pretty well.

Sounds like someone has floated the Siena trial balloon. They are a semi intriguing thought and fit the profile of the new conference.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• The Catholic 7 schools are expected to start their own league next season and will keep the Big East Conference name, sources told ESPN. Joining the Catholic 7 schools in the new "Big East" this fall will be Xavier and Butler, sources said.

Per article Creighton to join in 2013. ADES better be calling MWC ASAP!!
                  Last edited by GO_SHOCKERS; February 28, 2013, 08:43 PM.
                  Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

• It's a good time for CU to bounce. They'll be looking up at us for years to come if they stay.

Although I'd love to get into the MWC to offset Hawaii
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• We have to get to the Mountain West. Time for Bardo and Sexton to make the biggest call that they will more than likely make during their tenures.

Comment

• I have reservations that anything will change.

Comment

• We better do something. That's all I know. We can't be stuck in an MVC without Creighton.

Comment

• I don't expect any change on our end. CU has a chance if they go to 12
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• The Valley would be weaker without CU but it wouldn't completely suck
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I don't expect any change on our end. CU has a chance if they go to 12
                                But it sounds like CU has the cheapest out if they go to 10 immediately.

Comment

Working...
                                X