American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trueshock View Post
    If they institute the HAIL MARY 5 - pt. play (shot beyond half court)that should keep them happy for awhile.They would be allowed to deduct one foul for every Hail Mary shot made , and use rosary beads to keep track of their personal fouls instead. The up side for the Catholic league is that they would fill up the seats in a hurry with all of their children.
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    The question in my mind is will the Big Priest conference allow non-private schools in?
    Why is it funny to make fun of the Catholic religion? I'm Catholic and take offense to some of the comments above. I'm sure a good portion of the WSU fan base is Catholic as a good portion of the city is Catholic.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
      Why is it funny to make fun of the Catholic religion? I'm Catholic and take offense to some of the comments above. I'm sure a good portion of the WSU fan base is Catholic as a good portion of the city is Catholic.
      I have no idea what you are talking about. I haven't said a single thing that can be construed as offensive. I recommend you reread.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        I have no idea what you are talking about. I haven't said a single thing that can be construed as offensive. I recommend you reread.
        "The Big Priest Conference"....I suggest you reread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trueshock View Post
          If they institute the HAIL MARY 5 - pt. play (shot beyond half court)that should keep them happy for awhile.They would be allowed to deduct one foul for every Hail Mary shot made , and use rosary beads to keep track of their personal fouls instead. The up side for the Catholic league is that they would fill up the seats in a hurry with all of their children.
          Was that supposed to be funny? :offended:
          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

"The Big Priest Conference"....I suggest you reread.
            What in the world is offensive about that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              What in the world is offensive about that?
              You combine that with what Trueshock said and it got my blood boiling. If it was just your quote, I think I would have been fine. Are you Catholic?

Comment

• Lighten up, St Francis

Comment

Lighten up. Nobody is "making fun" of the Catholic religion. Jeez...
                  "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

You combine that with what Trueshock said and it got my blood boiling. If it was just your quote, I think I would have been fine. Are you Catholic?
                    No and I didn't even read Trueshock's post (and still haven't because I don't have time).

I specifically quoted @SubGod22: if the Big Priest conference will even consider taking public schools like ours. It's going to be a great basketball conference but I think they have an advantage if they keep their membership all-private because they can make decisions without having to worry about politically correct public institution decision making.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaulding View Post
                      Lighten up. Nobody is "making fun" of the Catholic religion. Jeez...
                      So what was Trueshock doing?

Comment

• None of that stuff is any more offensive than saying black people like chicken and white people can't dance. And the big priest thing is just a play on words between big east and something catholic... Obviously not an attack on the priesthood

There are ways to take just about anything and get offended. I really doubt anyone was intending for this to end up where it is.

Comment

Geez lighten up Francis...as proud alum of St Francis of Assisi grammar school and Bishop Carroll I have no idea why you'd take offense to any of that.

Comment

• <----White can Dance

Comment

• sup' shocker fans. So I see you guys think CU leaving is a doomsday senario for the MVC. I think it could be a good thing if everyone in the MVC had the balls to go FBS. MVFC football is rated higher than CUSA already. We could steal teams from CUSA/MAC/sunbelt if we were FBS and had equal TV revenue.

CU to C7
                              Bradley to A10
                              Drake/Eville to Horizon

MVC South
                              Wichita State
                              Missouri State
                              Tulsa
                              SIU
                              Murray State
                              Western Kentucky

MVC North
                              UNI
                              Ind St
                              Marshall
                              Ill St
                              North Dakota State
                              Northern Ill

What do you guys think of this all sports conference?

Comment

• Originally posted by da_bears View Post
                                sup' shocker fans. So I see you guys think CU leaving is a doomsday senario for the MVC. I think it could be a good thing if everyone in the MVC had the balls to go FBS. MVFC football is rated higher than CUSA already. We could steal teams from CUSA/MAC/sunbelt if we were FBS and had equal TV revenue.

CU to C7
                                Bradley to A10
                                Drake/Eville to Horizon

MVC South
                                Wichita State
                                Missouri State
                                Tulsa
                                SIU
                                Murray State
                                Western Kentucky

MVC North
                                UNI
                                Ind St
                                Marshall
                                Ill St
                                North Dakota State
                                Northern Ill

What do you guys think of this all sports conference?
                                To quote Nancy Kerrigan....WHYYYYY?

Comment

Working...
                                X