No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just turned on the ECU at UConn game. Looks like the majority of the crowd came dressed up as empty blue seats.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• UCONN_Husky
      UCONN_Husky commented
      Editing a comment
      Travel in -10 degree weather to see .500 Ollie struggle vs ECU? Ya...Pass.

• ShockdaWorld
      ShockdaWorld commented
      Editing a comment
      Fair enough. Lol

• Watching a little of the painfully played SMU @ UCF game, but the interview on the sidelines during the 2nd half with Shake Milton is impressive. Sharp young man. Seems very grounded. Hope he gets back healthy even though that means making life tough for us down there. I can see immediately why HCGM wanted this kid. Get well Shake!

Comment

• atlwsu
      atlwsu commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that comment. Most of the time comments about the other team fans, coaches and players is negative

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Any word on when Shake will return to the lineup?

• University of Houston basketball has joined the Jordan Brand, the 7th school to do so.l

Comment

• Worth a listen...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        That was very good with some very interesting tidbits. Did I hear correctly that Wichita State will be hosting the AAC Outdoor Track and Field Championships next year? That could be fun especially watching Houston's speed demons among other things like Aaaron True and Taran Taylor in he javelin.

• Comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        Speaking of a “Rise”! :)

• Comment

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure what exactly that means in a vacuum. The AAC is 2-10 against NET Group 1 teams and some of those 11 teams have not played the strongest of schedules. Tulsa (SOS 212), USF (224), SMU (251), UConn (253), and ECU (347) all have winning records but the competition is a bit suspect. ECU, in particular, is nothing to brag about. They are 6-5 with their 6 wins coming against teams with an average RPI of 261 and their 5 losses to teams with an RPI of 194.

Cincy (SOS 42), Memphis (45) and Wichita State (47) are the only AAC teams with top 50 SOS rankings. Temple is next at 96 followed by UCF (124), Tulane (150) and Houston (154).

SOS and RPI numbers per WarrenNolan.com

• Why is Tulane in the American? Just because they are in a major city? I mean if you squint real real hard you can see the case did ECU being in for their football program, but I don’t see what Tulane adds to the conference? Have they ever been good at any sports?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
        Why is Tulane in the American? Just because they are in a major city? I mean if you squint real real hard you can see the case did ECU being in for their football program, but I don’t see what Tulane adds to the conference? Have they ever been good at any sports?
        Baseball: 21 NCAA appearances between 1979-2016 with 12 since 1998, Regional champs 2001, 2004, 2005, and College World Series 2001 and 2005.
        Basketball (M): Only 3 NCAA Dance appearances, 1992,1993, and 1995.
        Basketball (W): 11 NCAA Tournament appearances between 1995-2015.
        Football: 12 bowls going back to 1931 including Rose and 2 Sugar. Recent bowls in 1998, 2002, 2013, 2018 winning 3 including against BYU in 1998.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Baseball: 21 NCAA appearances between 1979-2016 with 12 since 1998, Regional champs 2001, 2004, 2005, and College World Series 2001 and 2005.
          Basketball (M): Only 3 NCAA Dance appearances, 1992,1993, and 1995.
          Basketball (W): 11 NCAA Tournament appearances between 1995-2015.
          Football: 12 bowls going back to 1931 including Rose and 2 Sugar. Recent bowls in 1998, 2002, 2013, 2018 winning 3 including against BYU in 1998.
          So they are good at baseball and garbage at everything else. I don’t understand why the American decided to invite them. What’s the draw?

Comment

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            That is above my pay grade.

• UCONN_Husky
            UCONN_Husky commented
            Editing a comment
            Tulane does have the only AAC Bowl win so far this season so they have that going for them. Granted their HC won't be sticking around much longer if Tulane continues to win.

• Every conference has its bottom feeders

Comment

• Jhook89
            Jhook89 commented
            Editing a comment
            I would agree with that, I think what hold us back from being more accepted as a "major" conference though is our bottom feeders are considerably worse than the power 5+1 conferences. Who knows, maybe with Tulane's resources of being in New Orleans with the combination of being in the AAC they can rehaul their sport program.I think they need to start with brand new marketing material. Their logo is god awful. Looks straight out of 1956.

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            There’s really no excuse for them. Beautiful campus, great education, good student population, successful alumni, etc. All the ingredients are there, they just need an administration willing to put forth the resources into the athletics.

• Wow, can you say, "hack up a Taco"!

9. Tacko Fall, Central Florida senior 7-6 center

No player has a bigger impact on games than Fall, due to his size. His averages (10.7 points, 6.9 rebounds, 3.3 blocks) are modest, but his rebounding and defense alone make him a game-changer. He’s also making 80 percent of his shots, although he is shooting a career-worst 27 percent at the free throw line.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Bill Haisten: For TU's Frank Haith, a tough season and contract uncertainty

Interesting read, discusses TU Athletic Dept finances.

(Via Tulsa World)

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
              Bill Haisten: For TU's Frank Haith, a tough season and contract uncertainty

Interesting read, discusses TU Athletic Dept finances.

(Via Tulsa World)
              Uh Oh.... not good for Tulsa. I hope they’re not seriously looking to leave the AAC. Where would they go? MVC and MVFC?

Comment

• FadedCrown
                FadedCrown commented
                Editing a comment
                CUSA is always open

• Good God...this UConn SMU game is garbage. SMU is going to continue to go down as long as Jank is there. Its a morgue in that building.

Comment

• Comment

• Dan
                  Dan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I should have a good selection of seats next weekend

• ShockTalk
                  ShockTalk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Soooo many things wrong with that pic. Where's the student section? Are those bench seats on the floor "pull-out seating"?

• ShockTalk
                  ShockTalk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I also hope @UConn_5 gets a little bit different feel about the conference if he comes here.
              Working...
              X