Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
    @AACFan Bye-Bye
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by Carolina_Shock View Post
      I cannot wait to schedule my Greenville,NC trip every year. Maybe even make it out to Memphis. For a Shox fan living in NC this is a dream come true.
      I have been to Carolina many times on business trips. I love Carolina. Lucky you and I am glad you will able to see Shocker games up close and personal.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• We have a daughter in NYC and a son with grandkids near Houston. Look forward to making the UConn & Temple trip so that we can visit the daughter and the Houston/Temple/SMU trip to visit son and grandchildren.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Ain't no reason to ever go to Philly.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
            Agree

3 years ago, after I retired, a friend and I were playing Braeburn regularly when the Innovation Campus concept became a hot topic. The Pro said it would be a couple years before anything would happen to the golf course. Two months later it was closing.

2 years ago Dr. Bardo sent O'Naughty on a fact finding mission regarding the possibility of football and conference change. Tomorrow we become part of the AAC.

Football has not been taken off the table, at least not to our knowledge. Those who want to say that football definitely is off the table may, and I do say may, be standing on the tracks.
            The real money folks associated with WSU were annoyed (putting it kindly) at the prospect of funding football. This horse has been dead since 1986.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
              I would love to see Gonzaga get into a better conference, but they are just so far away from anyone. They would need to somehow get better teams into the WCC, I think. I mean, it would be great if they could play in the Big East, but it just seems silly geographically.

Again, I'd love to see a big realignment of the smaller conferences. I'd like to see the MVC figure out how to poach the Summit and Horizon, which if done well, could create some separation and put the A10, MWC, MVC and WCC at the top of the mid major conferences.

The WCC brought in BYU last year, and that made a huge difference. There's more where that came from. WCC can go try to grab up New Mexico State, Grand Canyon (out of the WAC) and maybe even Denver (out of the Summit).
              I like these ideas! The WCC could also add Long Beach State to the three above for an even number.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                That 100,000,000.00 donation is a pretty big "if" and even if it happened to compare the program we would have to KSU is ridiculous. We don't and never will play in the Big 12.
                I keep seeing this picture posted. Is this a hint? I think it is.

HE'S STRONG!, HE'S OUR FIRST FOOTBALL RECRUIT. Football confirmed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  I keep seeing this picture posted. Is this a hint? I think it is.

HE'S STRONG!, HE'S OUR FIRST FOOTBALL RECRUIT. Football confirmed!
                  He appears to be carrying a dead horse. I guess that's even better than beating it.

Comment

• Upgrading our football to FBS really split our fan-base in terms of whether or not it was a good decision. I guess time will tell...but it's not looking great at the moment. Connecticut is a basketball/hockey/soccer state. In terms of CT adolescent sport popularity, I would rank them as:

1. Basketball
                    2. Hockey
                    3. Soccer
                    --- DROP OFF ---
                    4. Baseball
                    5. Football / Lacrosse

I'm not sure how sports rank in Kansas, but if they are similar to Connecticut (football being way down the list), I would advise to really think about it. Do you think it will be advantageous in the long run or could it potentially hurt the marquee programs that you care most about?

Comment

• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
                      Upgrading our football to FBS really split our fan-base in terms of whether or not it was a good decision. I guess time will tell...but it's not looking great at the moment. Connecticut is a basketball/hockey/soccer state. In terms of CT adolescent sport popularity, I would rank them as:

1. Basketball
                      2. Hockey
                      3. Soccer
                      --- DROP OFF ---
                      4. Baseball
                      5. Football / Lacrosse

I'm not sure how sports rank in Kansas, but if they are similar to Connecticut (football being way down the list), I would advise to really think about it. Do you think it will be advantageous in the long run or could it potentially hurt the marquee programs that you care most about?
                      This has been a long running debate in our fan base. I've been in the camp that football overall hurts our other programs, as have many others. The best argument in favor of it was conference realignment, so if we are getting a conference move without it, that seems ideal to me.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                        He appears to be carrying a dead horse. I guess that's even better than beating it.
                        Dave you are one WittyShock!!!
                        Last edited by ShanShock; April 6, 2017, 12:57 PM.
                        SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                        gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• Really revs my engine talking about getting football back up, as long as we recruit some local farm boys who know how to work not like these spoiled soft boys that play up in Lawrence

-Uncle Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Mike View Post
                            Really revs my engine talking about getting football back up, as long as we recruit some local farm boys who know how to work not like these spoiled soft boys that play up in Lawrence

-Uncle Mike
                            But only farm boys that have crew cuts though. Farm boys with medium length hair are cowards. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Mike View Post
                              Really revs my engine talking about getting football back up, as long as we recruit some local farm boys who know how to work not like these spoiled soft boys that play up in Lawrence

-Uncle Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                                The real money folks associated with WSU were annoyed (putting it kindly) at the prospect of funding football. This horse has been dead since 1986.
                                Evidently you have inside information not available to most. My point, as someone not on the inside, is that I wouldn't call it a dead issue until those in charge say so. Not being privileged to the study(s) I cannot say whether I would be in favor or not. I would certainly not want to hurt other sports. It just that a lot of things are happening and happening quickly and to say something is dead without official word is premature in my opinion.
                                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X