American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
    You all clever smart computer folk. I've heard of people using computers to make them look silly. This just makes my day, I'm happier then a man with a fresh crew cut

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
      Tour the US Mint! Visit Independence Hall! Climb the steps that Rocky did!

(Otherwise, you may be right.)
      Just don't buy any sweetened or diet beverages within the city limits, lest you get hit with the nanny tax.

Comment

• I'm probably in the minority, but I'm a fan of the character and personality of some of these noobs--the Uncles, Dark Lord, etc. Kinda livening up the place. Haven't seen obvious troll behavior yet; just talk of farm boys, souls sold, and crew cuts. Harmless fun so far.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• If we're going to put $75 million into something, lets put it into our existing sports. I'm of the general belief that football is at or nearing its peak. It will not be this popular forever.

Comment

• The cost of football startup would build a pretty damn slick new basketball arena, or an expansion and update of CKA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
              If we're going to put $75 million into something, lets put it into our existing sports. I'm of the general belief that football is at or nearing its peak. It will not be this popular forever.
              I whole heartedly agree with this. Don't cook the golden goose. Just give the goose more gold.

Comment

• I've seen this topic brought up before in a previous thread... Am I alone in thinking CKA is pretty legit?! I love the dim lights, the cement floors around the concessions... As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that needs to be updated are the pictures and trophy cases.

Mark my words-- these AAC schools will complement CKA.

Comment

• I keep waffling back and forth about football. I don't think getting into the AAC kills the idea, but considering they don't necessarily want us with football, I think it's a setback. To @SHOCKvalue:'s point, CKA is 15 years old (and its frame is over 60), and within the next decade or so we're going to need to start thinking about remodeling/replacing. For the cost of a football program, we could build one of the nicest college facilities in the nation and almost double capacity. And to @Heinro:'s point, doubling down on basketball in light of the current state of concussions and football could be a smart decision. Like I said, though, I keep waffling so I'm just throwing this out there.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                    I keep waffling back and forth about football. I don't think getting into the AAC kills the idea, but considering they don't necessarily want us with football, I think it's a setback. To @SHOCKvalue:'s point, CKA is 15 years old (and its frame is over 60), and within the next decade or so we're going to need to start thinking about remodeling/replacing. For the cost of a football program, we could build one of the nicest college facilities in the nation and almost double capacity. And to @Heinro:'s point, doubling down on basketball in light of the current state of concussions and football could be a smart decision. Like I said, though, I keep waffling so I'm just throwing this out there.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                      I keep waffling back and forth about football. I don't think getting into the AAC kills the idea, but considering they don't necessarily want us with football, I think it's a setback. To @SHOCKvalue:'s point, CKA is 15 years old (and its frame is over 60), and within the next decade or so we're going to need to start thinking about remodeling/replacing. For the cost of a football program, we could build one of the nicest college facilities in the nation and almost double capacity. And to @Heinro:'s point, doubling down on basketball in light of the current state of concussions and football could be a smart decision. Like I said, though, I keep waffling so I'm just throwing this out there.

Comment

• Tomorrow can’t get here soon enough…

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          Tomorrow can’t get here soon enough…

Swearing won't help. You are what you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
                              Upgrading our football to FBS really split our fan-base in terms of whether or not it was a good decision. I guess time will tell...but it's not looking great at the moment. Connecticut is a basketball/hockey/soccer state. In terms of CT adolescent sport popularity, I would rank them as:

1. Basketball
                              2. Hockey
                              3. Soccer
                              --- DROP OFF ---
                              4. Baseball
                              5. Football / Lacrosse

I'm not sure how sports rank in Kansas, but if they are similar to Connecticut (football being way down the list), I would advise to really think about it. Do you think it will be advantageous in the long run or could it potentially hurt the marquee programs that you care most about?
                              We have something in common with UConn. Lew Perkins was the AD at WSU when FB was dropped. I believe he was the AD at UConn when they added football. Then, later, Perkins was the AD at KU when they continued having what they considered to be a football team.

Perkins does not seem to have a good history with football.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Mods should just put a little badge under our avatars that say "pro-football" or "anti-football" regarding bringing it back to WSU so we all know where we stand.

Comment

Working...
                                X