No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible that Denver is posturing and would still come if we invited them?
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
      I gotta hunch Elgin is thinking Dakota schools......blech.
      It doesn't matter if he's thinking that. The schools still have to vote on it and the Dakotas do not have the support.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
        I gotta hunch Elgin is thinking Dakota schools......blech.
        I listened to Elgin at the tournament say that a replacement for cu will be determined by the presidents. He said his people have researched and are ready to provide their input/recomendations but it ultimately is not his decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          I listened to Elgin at the tournament say that a replacement for cu will be determined by the presidents. He said his people have researched and are ready to provide their input/recomendations but it ultimately is not his decision.
          We are doomed to mediocrity...
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            I'm not sure that the presidents will make a good decision but I can't say I'm all that disappointed that the final say does not lie with Elgin.
            The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• So it appears Denver did turn down an invite to the MVC to stay in the...............Summit LOL

Stu Whitney ‏@stuwhitney
              Douple met with Denver AD Peg Bradley-Doppes at Summit League dinner last night in SF. "They're already told Missouri Valley no," he said.

Comment

• Is it possible Creighton will not get an invite? I mean do they really fit initially that league?

Comment

• Hi guys,
                  VCU fan here. I, like many many Ram fans have a lot of respect for your team and hope that you continue to be a powerhouse basketball club. I would hate for the new C7 league to be only a private school conference and think if the league wants to create the best possible basketball conference, VCU and Wichita State should be part of the discussion. I took some data and compiled it together.

Here's the link.

As you can see, Wichita State has a lot going for them in term of arena size and RPI. Your only disadvantage is location but if the C7 pulls Creighton in, Wichita State would make an excellent natural rival. VCU's advantage is their overall RPI and location. Our arena should be much bigger but at the time it was built, we were only attracting 2,000 fans to a game. Now VCU sells out every game and could easy fill a 10,000 seat arena. Essentially I think a 14 team conference, including both VCU and Wichita State would make an absolutely amazing conference.
                  Picture 1.jpg

Let me know what you think. By the way, I'm cheering for you guys right now and hope you can beat Creighton for the Championship.

Comment

• Sounds like CU is expected to announce Tuesday that they're leaving
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by IbleedVCU View Post
                      Hi guys,
                      VCU fan here. I, like many many Ram fans have a lot of respect for your team and hope that you continue to be a powerhouse basketball club. I would hate for the new C7 league to be only a private school conference and think if the league wants to create the best possible basketball conference, VCU and Wichita State should be part of the discussion. I took some data and compiled it together.

Here's the link.

As you can see, Wichita State has a lot going for them in term of arena size and RPI. Your only disadvantage is location but if the C7 pulls Creighton in, Wichita State would make an excellent natural rival. VCU's advantage is their overall RPI and location. Our arena should be much bigger but at the time it was built, we were only attracting 2,000 fans to a game. Now VCU sells out every game and could easy fill a 10,000 seat arena. Essentially I think a 14 team conference, including both VCU and Wichita State would make an absolutely amazing conference.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]645[/ATTACH]

Let me know what you think. By the way, I'm cheering for you guys right now and hope you can beat Creighton for the Championship.
                      WSU would NEVER be allowed in a league with those schools. VCU academic rankings, etc are decent, WSU's are terrible. Not even a distant dream. No shot no way for WSU.

Good luck to you guys in the A-10, it will still be better than the CAA is now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                        WSU would NEVER be allowed in a league with those schools. VCU academic rankings, etc are decent, WSU's are terrible. Not even a distant dream. No shot no way for WSU.

Spoken like a WSU fan, rather than a WSU alum.

US News academic rankings are popularity contests, and have several highly subjective "metrics" that figure into their computations.

WSU serves the community, state, region, and even the country by producing solid college grads who actually contribute to business and industry, rather than trust fund parasites with liberal arts degrees. Go ask NASA, Koch, Spirit, Cessna, Bombardier, Beechcraft, and Boeing how "terrible" they perceive WSU. Koch in particular is one of the most selective employers in the country, and the place is loaded to the gills with Shockers.

We lead the Valley by a drastic margin in R&D revenue, and our endowment is the largest outside of Creighton last I looked.

Run along now and jump on another bandwagon you have no personal or professional connection with. KU's always has plenty of room for additional academic sheet talkers. Why don't you have a gander.

Comment

• WSU creates makers, right, Ricky! And I'm one of them, teaching pre-engineering technologies to middle school students!
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post

Those rankings and reputations are skewed. Part of the blame rests on WSU, the majority of it falls on experts who don't know what they are talking about. We don't offer programs to get a medical doctorate, juris doctorate, doctorate in pharmacy, etc. WSU is essentially a four-year degree school and is limited to the number of graduate degree programs offered. We are not considered a research university per se and our student body is filled with non-traditional students that skews our graduation rates. What's the answer of becoming a tier 1 university? Perhaps downsizing the student body and become more stringent on admissions, downsizing colleges and/or schools with little interests/enrollment, use that extra budget and ramp up your successful ones and pay higher wages to lure better professors and more professors. Too many what ifs, but WSU's four year degree education is not something to sneeze at despite what U.S. News states.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              Those rankings and reputations are skewed. Part of the blame rests on WSU, the majority of it falls on experts who don't know what they are talking about. We don't offer programs to get a medical doctorate, juris doctorate, doctorate in pharmacy, etc. WSU is essentially a four-year degree school and is limited to the number of graduate degree programs offered. We are not considered a research university per se and our student body is filled with non-traditional students that skews our graduation rates. What's the answer of becoming a tier 1 university? Perhaps downsizing the student body and become more stringent on admissions, downsizing colleges and/or schools with little interests/enrollment, use that extra budget and ramp up your successful ones and pay higher wages to lure better professors and more professors. Too many what ifs, but WSU's four year degree education is not something to sneeze at despite what U.S. News states.

I didn't say WSU was a joke academically, I said they are not high in the rankings thus the people who take that crap to heart want no association.

WSU has plenty of doctorate programs and WSU is a research University. It's just that it accepts any one out there and the graduation retention thingy will never be high. Like you said non traditional student, etc.

It's just the truth, Georgetown and company will never associate with Wichita State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
                                I'm insecure and react with emotion
                                Yes I agree, see my response to KC.

Comment

Working...
                                X