X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
    Probably same story as the Sunflower:

http://thesunflower.com/16723/sports...-word-for-aac/
    They are too busy trying to influence a SGA election, but I digress.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by chitown_shocker View Post
      Wrong. SOMEONE must wear the black-hat - even just for funzies.

UCONN's fans, my mild dislike for the east coast and for some reason I'm not a Calhoun guy.

SMU cuz Texans (Just cuz they all love Texas so damn much), Jank and Larry are all easy to dislike.

Tulsa has tradition.
      If that's how you get your kicks then no problem. Go for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        If that's how you get your kicks then no problem. Go for it.
        I get my kicks at foot locker. Im just having fun online. It's not real it's the internet.

Comment

• Let the rivalries evolve naturally. It will happen (and already has, in Tulsa's case - it just needs to be reignited with sustained, shared success).

Comment

Wrong. SOMEONE must wear the black-hat - even just for funzies.

UCONN's fans, my mild dislike for the east coast and for some reason I'm not a Calhoun guy.

SMU cuz Texans (Just cuz they all love Texas so damn much), Jank and Larry are all easy to dislike.

Tulsa has tradition.
            I am with you on the dislike of Larry...Etc. But easy on Texas. We do have it going pretty good down here damnit lol ;P
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

It's not real it's the internet.
              Not sure you could convince John Higgins of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                https://www.fanragsports.com/news/mv...n-saint-louis/

Ruh roh, Dougie E. Whatcha gonna do now?? Add UIC since Loyola was such a home run?
                Either the registered letter has been received or Elgin has been advised it's on its way.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                  We do have it going pretty good down here damnit lol ;P
                  My point exactly - ;)

Comment

• For starters there is a team's group of fans in this conference (besides Wichita State) that truly believed Gregg Marshall would be the coach of their team right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                      For starters there is a team's group of fans in this conference (besides Wichita State) that truly believed Gregg Marshall would be the coach of their team right now.
                      Memphis?
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        If you don't mind I will opt out of that collective. Save that for KU, Creighton and Illinois State, et. al. but I for one am going into this with nothing but respect, charity and without the least bit of anxiety towards any of our new conference brothers and sisters. This is a new lease on life. I am ready to leave those negative thoughts behind along with our membership in the Valley.

Of course, that doesn't mean I don't want the Shocks to win every conference game, match or contest in every sport we play but I think I can enjoy winning just as much feeling good about and respecting our conference foes. Perhaps a nasty rivalry will organically develop but I can live without it if it doesn't. A good, healthy, positive rivalry (or several rivalries) works fine for me.

Our membership in the Valley reached the point where it was dragging us down. Looking forward to being helped by a bunch of positve thinking acheivers instead.
                        Me too. At our first home AAC game I will stand and cheer for the away team during introductions (please be Tulsa) and then will cheer WSU while we win by 20, then cheer them off the court. And boo at the refs in between because they suck.
                        I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                          There is now a Wichita, South Dakota twitter handle. "The official Convention and Visitors Bureau of Wichita, South Dakota. Home of the Wichita State Shockers. We take the escalator, it's just smarter."

You'll have to up your game, FGM.
                          I see that. I've been under the impression that my satirical sense of humor wouldn't be well received, but this guy is killing it.

Fake Gregg just became more true to himself.

Comment

• The AAC Twitter thingy, in case it hasn't been posted.

Comment

• I think this is a done deal and now everyone's just waiting on legal to give approval - or maybe clarify a few wordings. Just confirming that all the i's and t's were previously dotted and crossed .
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• ...soon....

From their T-Neck album "Grand Slam", this song reached #17 on the R&B chart in 1981.
                                For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                                - said no one ever...

Comment

Working...
                                X