No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found the Hartford perspective interesting. http://www.courant.com/sports/basket...322-story.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
      A better calculus is to deny such conferences any bids to the NCAA Tournament since such conferences make no real contributions to the status of D1 Basket ball.
      The irony here is that the reason there are 350+ Division 1 "programs" is because so many of them see D1 basketball as a cash cow for their athletic department. While I'm sure they are willing, they are not capable of even modest investments in their programs to be competitive outside their low-level conferences. The chasm between the top and bottom is way, way too large.

I don't know what the answer is, but the NCAA needs to do something to cull the herd. At least get the total number of programs under 300 and return to a 64-team tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
        Question is will we hang the Navy banner in Koch or just the other 11 AAC schools.
        I'm not sure what the other 11 basketball playing schools do. But I would think if Navy is considered an affiliate member, then we'd have no banner.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Question is will we hang the Navy banner in Koch or just the other 11 AAC schools.
          Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          Originally posted by Dan View Post
          No - they play basketball in the Patriot League
          Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
          Not only that, we don't hang one in Koch for DBU or Stony Brook and we even play them in MVC play.
          Take it down!
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
            I'm not sure what the other 11 basketball playing schools do. But I would think if Navy is considered an affiliate member, then we'd have no banner.
            Frankly, I'm good either way. I'm just so excited to actually be able to ponder such a question. I haven't posted on this site I think since the Smithson era. I read it every day (every hour I should shamefully admit) and this whole possibility moving to the AAC has me so excited, I had to look up my password again so I could log on and join the fun. It's a great day to be a shocker!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              Take it down!
              Dammit! Despite being an army guy, I was ready to make them our de facto football team. Maybe give em a game or two at Cessna each year.

Comment

Frankly, I'm good either way. I'm just so excited to actually be able to ponder such a question. I haven't posted on this site I think since the Smithson era. I read it every day (every hour I should shamefully admit) and this whole possibility moving to the AAC has me so excited, I had to look up my password again so I could log on and join the fun. It's a great day to be a shocker!
                3 Posts .. 11 years .. That's impressive!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  3 Posts .. 11 years .. That's impressive!
                  What's weird is I feel like I'm finally talking to people I've only listened to for years. Stickboy you're a handful.

Comment

What's weird is I feel like I'm finally talking to people I've only listened to for years. Stickboy you're a handful.
                    I do what I can!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Go Army! Beat Navy!

Go Shocks!
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
                        Dammit! Despite being an army guy, I was ready to make them our de facto football team. Maybe give em a game or two at Cessna each year.
                        I love this idea. Way better than starting our own program.
                        I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                        If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                          Go Army! Beat Navy!

Go Shocks!
                          This forum needs a dislike button for posts like this one.

Go Navy! Beat Army!
                          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• So I know everyone thinks this is a done deal, but what are the odds it happens next year as opposed to the year after?

Comment

• It will happen a whole lot quicker if more than one conference starts showing interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                                So I know everyone thinks this is a done deal, but what are the odds it happens next year as opposed to the year after?
                                Parr of me thinks that it has to be for 2018-19. But the other part of me wonders if this hasn't been an ongoing thing for a year ir so already, making it possible for next year...
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X