American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    If St. Louis takes the AAC tourney to replace the MVC's void I swear to God I am burning that city to the ground.
    more likely to be in ok. City or Dallas every once in a while. Louisville, Nashville, and Indy would also be good spots.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
      I think he is doing it on purpose. You could be right, but like you said...His "bosses" may do it anyway.
      Aresco has no power.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        If St. Louis takes the AAC tourney to replace the MVC's void I swear to God I am burning that city to the ground.
        This cannot be left to chance. I would start a smear campaign, but where would I start? What perceived good thing about the Lou could I disparage?
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          The loss maybe didn't .. but the loss of a couple of NCAA credits (to go along with Sweet 16, Elite 8 Banners) is related to that seeding.
          Sure but OP made the point that we lost because the MVC didn't prepare us for a game against a Kentucky caliber team.

Comment

• Aresco's earlier statemwents were (roughly) "We're not interested in recreating the Big East model by adding multiple basketball-only programs" - and - "We're not considering expansion at this time". Those can both be carefully worded statements that do not deny adding a single basketball-only program at any point in the future.

The latest:

When asked about WSU specifically: "No comment" When asked about expansion: Repeated the line about multiple basketball-only schools.

If he was certain there was nothing going on with WSU, he wouldn't need to use the No Comment line. He has repeatedly denied adding multiple basketball-only schools. Dayton and VCU both seem to be happier in their current situations than WSU.

I'm moving my glass back to 3/4 full. With the status of WSU basketball, there could be efforts from both sides to get something done for '17-'18. It's not unrealistic to think WSU could enter the NCAA tourney next year at 34-0 if they stay in the MVC. In the AAC, there would be a lot of national interest to see which of those teams could end WSU's run, because regardless of league affiliation, the Shox are likely to have a nice undefeated season going.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Aresco's earlier statemwents were (roughly) "We're not interested in recreating the Big East model by adding multiple basketball-only programs" - and - "We're not considering expansion at this time". Those can both be carefully worded statements that do not deny adding a single basketball-only program at any point in the future.

The latest:

When asked about WSU specifically: "No comment" When asked about expansion: Repeated the line about multiple basketball-only schools.

If he was certain there was nothing going on with WSU, he wouldn't need to use the No Comment line. He has repeatedly denied adding multiple basketball-only schools. Dayton and VCU both seem to be happier in their current situations than WSU.

I'm moving my glass back to 3/4 full. With the status of WSU basketball, there could be efforts from both sides to get something done for '17-'18. It's not unrealistic to think WSU could enter the NCAA tourney next year at 34-0 if they stay in the MVC. In the AAC, there would be a lot of national interest to see which of those teams could end WSU's run, because regardless of league affiliation, the Shox are likely to have a nice undefeated season going.
              But you didn't address this statement:
              "Obviously 12 and 12 would be symmetrical, but we don't need to do anything," Aresco said. "I really believe we're going to be good in basketball with what we have."
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                But you didn't address this statement: "Obviously 12 and 12 would be symmetrical, but we don't need to do anything," Aresco said. "I really believe we're going to be good in basketball with what we have."

The way I read it is that he is saying that they don't NEED to do anything, they are fine the way they are. Which I agree they probably are.

But they could be better if they add Wichita State. He does not leave out that possibility. I think it keeps the door open for adding WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  But you didn't address this statement:
                  Seems like he's ok with whatever plays out; doesn't want to seem desperate in that they'd take just any old school...otherwise there would be a flood of inquiries.

Comment

• We All Just Need to Sit Back and Relax....We are Overthinking it!

I have been trying to read through all the posts regarding the possible switching of conferences and I am hopeful it happens soon too but to the degree that some of you are trying to read into things is stressing me out seeing how much it seems to be stressing you! As the great Aaron Rogers would say...."Relax!" If it is meant to be, it will happen. I think there is no doubt that we want to see the move to the AAC. I think there is great potential...far more than the MVC even in its good years. What we have to remember is this...

Regarding Aresco's statements on how good the AAC is going to be two years from now....well, they are getting ready to negotiate a new television deal and he is trying to sell a product. Of course, being a commissioner, his job is to pump up the value of the conference = $$$$$$$

It seems to be very evident that the AAC wants to boost its basketball profile and there has been too much information thrown out there indicating that WSU is a strong option for them and being discussed. I think Aresco's mixed words regarding his interest in WSU is just another negotiations ploy. There are financial considerations that have to be negotiated for WSU to join and they do not want to seem too excited/needy nor does WSU. Both sides want the best deal for them and for either to tip their hand weakens their bargaining position.

Comment

• Well fellow Shocker fans, a move to the AAC will happen. Its just when is the issue. I'm trying to dig a little more from a "high up" person that may or may not be associated with WSU basketball. =)
                      I'm not certain if they know a timetable and wont say or if they don't know themselves.

Comment

• If I'm not mistaken, Louisville's move to the ACC was made public before their last season as members of the AAC. Obviously, we all want in for the upcoming year with such a strong roster, but that seems increasingly unlikely. If the move is for the '18-19 season, I'd like to see us follow the UL model and announce it during this offseason. If we don't get confirmation one way or the other soon, I'm going to go insane!

Comment

• I'm confident this will happen but I need to see it to REALLY believe it. Too many years in the MVC have left me jaded. I hope they announce it soon for it can only help in recruiting players.
                          Professional gas passer.

Comment

• What's going on here fellas?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              What's going on here fellas?
                              We are all curious.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
                                I'm confident this will happen but I need to see it to REALLY believe it. Too many years in the MVC have left me jaded. I hope they announce it soon for it can only help in recruiting players.

-____-

Comment

Working...
                                X