Clear All

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    Bump
    This year they were in the WAC, but they're headed to the Summit
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Who is remaining in the A10 after defections?

Comment

• OMG stop the talk about finding some teams that will take years to get up to our level, Mountain West needs a basketball team, lets go!

Comment

• Originally posted by KBShocker View Post
          OMG stop the talk about finding some teams that will take years to get up to our level, Mountain West needs a basketball team, lets go!
          Pipe dream

Comment

• I really don't know how anyone can say that DU, ORU, Wright State!, Murray State!, Belmont etc are good options.

They are NOT GOOD OPTIONS. But they may be the best the MVC can do.

What about Western Kentucky?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
              I really don't know how anyone can say that DU, ORU, Wright State!, Murray State!, Belmont etc are good options.

They are NOT GOOD OPTIONS. But they may be the best the MVC can do.

What about Western Kentucky?
              WKU plays FBS and frankly they suck most years anyways.

The rest suck but any of the the options suck. That's why I giggled when you told me with all due respect... Puke.

It's all a crap pile

Comment

• I guess you folks who want the MVC to stay at 10 teams don't mind seeing 1/3 of the lower bowl in St. Louis with no fans in it.

You don't replace Creighton and their fan following with one team. You do it with multiple.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
                  I guess you folks who want the MVC to stay at 10 teams don't mind seeing 1/3 of the lower bowl in St. Louis with no fans in it.

You don't replace Creighton and their fan following with one team. You do it with multiple.
                  r u fricking kidding me? 10 or 12 who cares but are you really trying to justify the risk of adding multiple anchors and possibly pushing the Valley below the top 10 level so that the lower bowl in Saint Louis is filled?

Who gives a flying flip about the MVC tournament, Saint Louis, and attendance there?

Hell move it to better seed gets a home game...who cares? I mean it is such a big event that CBS agrees to play it as long as it's a friging week before normal people and if Tom Crean farts they can break away.

Like I said I don't care if they do 9, 10, 12 anymore but don't use some lame line about saving the MVC tourney.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                    Pipe dream
                    If the MWC take a basketball school, it is not a pipe dream. I don't know if there would be enough money in it for us to support the aded travel cost.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                      If the MWC take a basketball school, it is not a pipe dream. I don't know if there would be enough money in it for us to support the aded travel cost.
                      Right...if they take a basketball school

Maybe so but until the MWC proclaims they are looking to add a basketball school I'm not going to get my hopes up. I've seen talk on forums, heck even the CS newspaper cat blogged about it. However Until it is known they want to add a basketball school I'm going to put it in pipe dream category.

Comment

Right...if they take a basketball school

Maybe so but until the MWC proclaims they are looking to add a basketball school I'm not going to get my hopes up. I've seen talk on forums, heck even the CS newspaper cat blogged about it. However Until it is known they want to add a basketball school I'm going to put it in pipe dream category.
                        To me that's like early on thinking of Creighton to the Catholic 7 was a pipe dream because they are west of the Mississippi.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

• I don't see how 12 helps the MVC at all. If we have to had one bad option, that's enough. Do not need three bad options.

I also thought Suellentrop had a good observation that the MVC did a good job with the current membership given the few options to replace/add.

He also pointed out how size and success of the overall athletic departments should be reviewed, not just basketball RPI.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                            To me that's like early on thinking of Creighton to the Catholic 7 was a pipe dream because they are west of the Mississippi.
                            Well dream on man, I won't stop ya. Just don't stop me from thinking it's far fetched.

I'll be more than glad to eat big time crow on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                              In other news, right now every DePaul fan is saying, "Oh thank God, now we might not be the worst team in the league." Awfully nice of Creighton to accept the invitation to be MU's, Gtown's, and Nova's punching bag. CU might be competitive someday but it's going to be rocky road getting there. They better hope their legion of UNL football fans doesn't get bored with them in the meantime.
                              I don't profess to know how Creighton will do in this new league, but I think saying that they will suddenly be looking up at DePaul and Providence is a bit shortsighted. I also think that Creighton fans thinking that they will suddenly be landing lottery picks is equally shortsighted. What I find interesting on every team board and the MVCFans cesspool is that the only thing that changes for Creighton is the fact that they will receive more tv money. That is only the start. Monitarily, everything grows, not just the tv money and the NCAA money, but ticket revenue, uniform contracts, advertising and more. Creighton having the ability to compete financially is not a problem.

The challenge for Creighton is what they do with the opportunity. Creighton very well could be looking up at DePaul and Providence, but that isn't likely. Creighton could start landing five stars, but that also isn't likely. How Creighton responds to the opportunity will dictate their success. They need to increase recruiting budgets, they need to keep men's basketball as their focus and they need to attract the best coaches possible. If McDermott is the guy, great, if not, they need to get a winner. In short, they will be as good or bad as they commit. In my opinion, DePaul and Providence aren't successful because, quite frankly, they don't commit. The same goes for Drake in the Valley, Penn State in the B1G and Washington State in the PAC.

Creighton has a great opportunity, one in which nobody knows how they will fare. I hope they do well, I just can't predict success or failure.

On another note, if anyone reads all other Valley message boards, I would recommend reading Panthernation regarding Creighton. WHile every other fanbase is treating this in a similar manner to Shockernet, they have a lot of posts about money. I guess when you are broke and hemmoraging money, how you can extort money from others is always a good topic. They takes several jabs at Wichita State as well. Great stuff, I'll post a few quotes.

Exact quotes from Panthernation:

WSU is going to be the first non-football school to be invited to the SEC, due to all their nationally-significant accomplishments in other sports.

Does bowling count as a sport? If so they have a lot national titles in that!

pretty damn good baseball team fwiw. Crayton too.

I actually hope they make a deep run as that money stays with the conference

I really think the conference makes a big push to find a replacement next year and I think there are quality programs we could get for next year Also is there any way to get money out of Creighton for leaving?

Great. The gift that keeps on giving, or should I say taking....money right out of our budget...

It's unfortunate, but I don't think you are wrong here. If Creighton goes, Wichita St. will be right behind them on their way out. I'm assuming they are likely looking for a new home already.

Wichita has nowhere to go and to be honest I don't know why you'd want them. Poor academics, mid-size market, third fiddle in a tiny state...
                              Last edited by MoValley John; March 16, 2013, 07:50 PM. Reason: Organize quotes a little better
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

r u fricking kidding me? 10 or 12 who cares but are you really trying to justify the risk of adding multiple anchors and possibly pushing the Valley below the top 10 level so that the lower bowl in Saint Louis is filled?

Who gives a flying flip about the MVC tournament, Saint Louis, and attendance there?

Hell move it to better seed gets a home game...who cares? I mean it is such a big event that CBS agrees to play it as long as it's a friging week before normal people and if Tom Crean farts they can break away.

Like I said I don't care if they do 9, 10, 12 anymore but don't use some lame line about saving the MVC tourney.
                                Two words. Calm down.

it was just an example as to why I believe the conference should expand to 12 teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X