No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADDB is going to need and has earned a well-earned vacation. He has been through a change in the leadership of the WSU women's basketball program, had Lynn Marshall all over the media for a few days for less than flattering reasons, has a baseball program he has to be stressing about and has shepherded WSU through what has to be a very challenging and stressful process of upgrading conferences.

Seems like he handled the WBB issues well. Will have to see how his new hire works out but on the face of it looks like a good hire.

No idea what, if anything, he will do about Shocker baseball. That one is still on his plate.

Things appear very positive on the conference upgrade front.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 5, 2017, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
      Divisions make a lot of sense, though that would mean we would play only two teams in the West division twice (and always tulane twice. gag). Meaning, at least one of Cinci, UConn or Temple would be left out; maybe more.

For basketball sake, I would hope to lock Cinci, UConn, Temple, Memphis, SMU, Houston, and Tusla as two games a season. UCF, USF, Tulane, and ECU can always be a one off.
      "The expectation is that league members will play an 18-game conference schedule in basketball."

That is one of my favorite lines in that article. 18 games means we will almost certainly be playing Cincy twice next year and likely either UConn, Temple or Central Florida

Comment

• I was mildly critical of ADDB, I am pleased that I have been proven wrong. I am gladly eating some crow.

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Divisions make a lot of sense, though that would mean we would play only two teams in the West division twice (and always tulane twice. gag). Meaning, at least one of Cinci, UConn or Temple would be left out; maybe more.

For basketball sake, I would hope to lock Cinci, UConn, Temple, Memphis, SMU, Houston, and Tusla as two games a season. UCF, USF, Tulane, and ECU can always be a one off.
          UCF is a rising program that will be very good next year.

Comment

• I hope its a morning vote....
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
              I was mildly critical of ADDB, I am pleased that I have been proven wrong. I am gladly eating some crow.

You too, eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                UCF is a rising program that will be very good next year.
                What will they look like if Tacko Fall gets drafted?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  Less tall.

Comment

• Perhaps if they let us in the league, we can share some wonderful, new, bleeding edge technology we have. Like video conferencing.

Comment

• I got an ESPN notification on my phone about 45 minutes ago that said: "NCAAM: Wichita State expected to be admitted to AAC starting next season when the conference's board of directors vote Friday - Andy Katz"

I clicked on the notification, and the story is nowhere in ESPN app or online. WTF?
                      Go Shocks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        Still good. They had 5 players red shirted this year including Coach Dawkins son who transferred from Michigan and he didn't transfer because he wasn't playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                          "The expectation is that league members will play an 18-game conference schedule in basketball."

That is one of my favorite lines in that article. 18 games means we will almost certainly be playing Cincy twice next year and likely either UConn, Temple or Central Florida
                          Right.

My wondering is, how will they ultimately decide what team's, in opposite divisions, play each other multiple times? Is it previous seasons performance (top 2 play top 2, etc.) , is it every other year, is it a "who we want to see play"?

I hope its a "We want WSU playing Cinci and/or UConn twice every year" scenario!
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Dshocker View Post
                            I got an ESPN notification on my phone about 45 minutes ago that said: "NCAAM: Wichita State expected to be admitted to AAC starting next season when the conference's board of directors vote Friday - Andy Katz"

I clicked on the notification, and the story is nowhere in ESPN app or online. WTF?
                            Cincy Fan Here: Link to ESPN Blub http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0641342047298523160-4

SI Article https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/04/05/wichita-state-american-athletic-conference-aac-vote?xid=socialflow_twitter_si

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              I hope its a morning vote....
                              Expect lots of F5ing going on Friday morning

Comment

Right.

My wondering is, how will they ultimately decide what team's, in opposite divisions, play each other multiple times? Is it previous seasons performance (top 2 play top 2, etc.) , is it every other year, is it a "who we want to see play"?

I hope its a "We want WSU playing Cinci and/or UConn twice every year" scenario!
                                I wonder about that too. I think with 11, I read that TV had a good deal of input on their schedule. I would guess it will be the same with 12 for 18 games. That would likely mean WSU vs Cincy & UConn. In actuality, from a pure scheduling perspective, I expect UCF and Temple to both be better games next year, with both near the bubble. UConn, who knows how good they will be.

I guess there is also a possibility they wouldn't even have any divisions whatsoever, and all match ups be determined, but I'm doubtful of that scenario. I fully expect east/west divisions with two extra against the east.

Comment

Working...
                                X