No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would LOVE to see the Valley replace Creighton with three new schools. Murray State, Belmont, and Oral Roberts.

I would be more than satisfied with those additions.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
      I would LOVE to see the Valley replace Creighton with three new schools. Murray State, Belmont, and Oral Roberts.

I would be more than satisfied with those additions.
      I'm still iffy on ORU. I don't hate them at all and they should be looked at, but not at the top of my list.

My list of privates, in order: Denver, Belmont, Valpo, ORU, Loyola

Publics: Murray St., Arlington, Wright St., Milwaukee, UIC

I think all of these would be within the realm of possibilities. I'd still put New Mexico State at the top of the list as well if I thought there were any chance of it. Arlington may be a long shot but I see them kind of like Denver. A school that's in a good market and has been investing in basketball and improving their product recently. Both seem to be committed to competing in the sport.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        The Valley being turned down by Denver in favor of the Summit? Does it get any lower than that?
        Yes.....actually BEING IN the Valley.

Comment

• I do not like the ORU option.

Comment

• I'm thinking the reason may be hockey and lacrosse, two sports DU excels at.

Comment

• And it could be that Denver didn't feel like they could be competitive in the MVC in most sports.

Comment

• It's odd because it's sounded like in the past that Denver would have loved to get into the MVC. Does the Summit offer hockey or LAX? They could always be affiliate members elsewhere for those sports.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• And I wouldn't mind having LAX here. Always enjoyed watching it.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I have had some time to think about this now and I have looked at some other MVC message boards to get an idea of what they think.
                    I see a MVC that looks a lot like the old Big East.

There are private schools and public schools. There are Football Schools and Non-Football Schools.
                    The Football Schools don't want to give up Football, and the Non-Football Schools don't seem to want to pick it up.

Whether it happens now or later, there will be a Big East Style divorce in the MVC future.

In light of that, I think what makes the most sense to me would be for the Basketball Schools to split and join the Atlantic 10
                    in a package deal. They are about to lose a lot of teams. The Basketball Schools could replace them.

Those are my thoughts on a very tough decision on a very important topic.

Comment

• Big difference between us and the BE is that our football schools aren't making millions off of it and most care about the basketball. Some football schools may look to leave eventually to upgrade, but I don't think it's anything like the BE. And I don't think taking Drake and Bradley and Evansville to the A10 is all that attractive.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        I'm thinking the reason may be hockey and lacrosse, two sports DU excels at.
                        neither of those sports are listed on the summit league's website.

denver plays in the wcha for hockey. which is also the league UNO plays in.

Comment

• Originally posted by lostshocker View Post
                          neither of those sports are listed on the summit league's website.

denver plays in the wcha for hockey. which is also the league UNO plays in.
                          Yes, DU is in the WCHA for hockey. It's in the ECAC for Lacrosse. So I don't think those sports are the issues behind it turning down the Valley. DU proved it has the moxy the compete in the Valley when it beat UNI on the road in the bracket busters this year. I'm disappointed they've dropped out of consideration.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• CU is getting an invite due to two reasons: Their BB program and most importantly because they are a Catholic school that fits in perfectly with the other future BE teams. If they weren't Catholic, they'd be in the same spot WSU finds itself. From a geographic point, CU and WSU are surrounded by Big XII and B1G teams and there just isn't that much opportunity.

Now, WSU simply needs to exceed the stature of Gonzaga and place itself as the premier non-BCS basketball program.

Comment

• Says CU gone next week.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

• We can only focus on the best possible outcome for us. Hopefully we can influence Elgin. If we can't we need to get out of the MVC.....

Comment

Working...
                                X