No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, I can't wait until the Era of Good Feelings wears off and we start hating our conference brethren, insulting them on message boards, and student sections get creative.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      Also, I can't wait until the Era of Good Feelings wears off and we start hating our conference brethren, insulting them on message boards, and student sections get creative.
      Why wait?
      The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
        So an off the wall schedule idea long these lines that I had and would be incredibly fun, but never happen. So the last 16 games are the standard 12 team 2 division schedule within home and home in division and cross over once with the other. But here's where it gets weird, but really great. Just before conference play just before New Years in a throwback to the old school Big 8 holiday tournament have an 8 team tournament with full placings to get each team 3 games. The bottom 4 of 12 then just play their own round robin to get their 3 games. You select the teams for the holiday tournament based on some combination of RPI/KenPom in order to reward teams who both schedule up AND perform in the non-conference. This format would ensure that your at-large potential contenders get 3 extra shots at good wins and no risk of bad losses. For final conference standings you can either ignore the first 3 games or not. Schools and conferences would never agree to this, but it would be incredibly interesting.
        That would be cool, though two conference tourneys would be a lot.

How about teaming up with the BE and doing a BE/AAC challenge. Two games. One right before conference play, and one during the middle. Since all schools would participate, it would be easy to schedule a weekend break in the middle of conference play.

Unfortunately, there are two extra AAC schools. So maybe the bottom two are left out or they'll have to figure out some way to get the other two teams a couple good games.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Lord View Post
          I don't know what hot or cold has to do with anything. And Seinfeld is a f*cking idiot.
          Lighten up Newman.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            From what I have gathered so far, it appears UCONN fans are the Creighton fans of the AAC.
            Yeah, but at least they're not big-hat-no-cattle. Their foundation for MBB trash talk is built on rock, as opposed to sand, marshmallow peeps, used tampons, or whatnot.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              From what I have gathered so far, it appears UCONN fans are the Creighton fans of the AAC.
              Yeah, but one difference is UConn has actually DONE something in basketball. So they can pump their chest a little. Of course the past few years haven't been great, but still...

Creighton hasn't done anything nationally in basketball, but listening to their fans you would think they would be in the Final Four every year lol
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                Lighten up Newman.
                What part of DARK Lord do you not understand?
                The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                  That would be cool, though two conference tourneys would be a lot.

How about teaming up with the BE and doing a BE/AAC challenge. Two games. One right before conference play, and one during the middle. Since all schools would participate, it would be easy to schedule a weekend break in the middle of conference play.

Unfortunately, there are two extra AAC schools. So maybe the bottom two are left out or they'll have to figure out some way to get the other two teams a couple good games.
                  True, part of the reason it would never happen. But not unheard of Big 8 had 2 tourneys until 79 and the North Carolina ACC schools had their own 4 team tournament before conference play until 81 or so. Biggest reason it wouldn't happen now is home games are far too important to schools bottom line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Lord View Post
                    What part of DARK Lord do you not understand?
                    Tell me your thoughts on the mystic Rasputin and his talks in the valley.

Comment

• Plus, with some teams/fans WSU will have to earn respect. Won't just be given to them. Just gotta go out and beat them. Prove we belong just fine. ;)
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                        Tell me your thoughts on the mystic Rasputin and his talks in the valley.
                        No need to dig up dead Russians.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                          Was exactly what I thought as soon as he/she posted his "hello world" in the intro thread!!!

Hello Cold (in a Seinfeld accent)!!!
                          Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          Was thinking the same thing...

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          T

...

Comment

• This is gonna be awesome guys. Now I need to get out to Wichita. I've never been to Kansas before.

Comment

• I'm sure this has already been posted, but I'm lazy. This one says "by April"

"a move that could come within the next two weeks and take effect for next season."

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/wichita-state-could-join-aac-missouri-valley-conference/ziuvqmyxjgxc156ksbkx4arev

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
                                Biggest reason it wouldn't happen now is home games are far too important to schools bottom line.
                                I have thought about this recently and have come to realize that this is full of crap (not that I think YOU are wrong...but that this excuse is given). Bigger schools talk about their need to cover costs with home games, but the revenue from those games is a drop in the bucket compared to TV money that P5 schools receives.

But yes, these schools do rely on home games...but not for the ticket/concession revenue but because home games give higher probability of wins, which leads to better records for Selection Sunday...the complaint that Mark Adams has started to argue.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X