No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I starting to get a queasy stomach about how this is going down.
    Professional gas passer.

Comment

• The American Athletic Conference board of directors will vote on Friday to decide if it will admit Wichita State
      So they haven't even voted yet?? Gah! Guess we'll know Friday then.

Comment

• The ESPN link says vote is Friday.

Comment

• Friday it is! Excellent. Gives me plenty of time to find a replacement F5 key.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            Seriously that's so good I hope it catches on as the official hashtag of pretty much the next month.

#Shoxit
            #HandDeliver
            SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
            gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
              That's just some guy's sports blog. Official confirmation will come directly from the AAC.
              Helluva fun read though!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                A formal vote to finalize the prior straw poll, maybe?

I would think. They're definitely not getting together Friday to just now breach discussion on the issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                  I love specifics!

Reading into this, I would say a scheduled vote means they know the votes are there to extend an invitation.

Comment

• At this point, the whole thing seems be being fumbled a little bit. Either it is a done deal or it isn't. So either announce it and figure out the details later or publicly state that this is a long way from a done deal. I realize only Shocker fans and AAC fans have been hanging onto every possible development, but at this point, if it doesn't happen, it will be embarrassing for both our program and the AAC. I realize in today's day and age, leaks are a major issue, but the situation has gotten past leaks about talks more into leaks about it being a done deal.

After writing this, I'm not sure I agree with myself entirely, but there have been enough leaks, it is time for the AAC to make some sort of public statement, at least updating on the status of the situation for the sake of its own image. If votes are still being lined up, make a statement stating such.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      I love specifics!

Reading into this, I would say a scheduled vote means they know the votes are there to extend an invitation.
                      Pretty much. Unless someone changes their vote for some reason, this would be the "formalities" that Paul referenced.

Now why they can't just do a 5 min conference call right now? Who knows lol.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• That would also explain the Valley meeting Sunday, and not sooner. They probably got word that the vote is Friday and that it is likely WSU will be admitted. They went ahead and set it up, preparing for the inevitability
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                          At this point, the whole thing seems be being fumbled a little bit. Either it is a done deal or it isn't. So either announce it and figure out the details later or publicly state that this is a long way from a done deal. I realize only Shocker fans and AAC fans have been hanging onto every possible development, but at this point, if it doesn't happen, it will be embarrassing for both our program and the AAC. I realize in today's day and age, leaks are a major issue, but the situation has gotten past leaks about talks more into leaks about it being a done deal.

After writing this, I'm not sure I agree with myself entirely, but there have been enough leaks, it is time for the AAC to make some sort of public announcement, at least updating on the status of the situation for the sake of its own image. If votes are still being lined up, make a statement stating such.
                          We expected an announcement this week and waiting until Friday, so based on the timeline, it doesn't seem like anyone "fumbled". For us impatient fans it sucks but I completely understand the formality.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            However, some of the lustre of the league is wearing off, with UConn only having five returning players, and now two of Memphis' best players are transferring:
                            2018 NCAA selection committee-WSU is the luckiest team around, every year they dominate their competition they're all having down years.

Comment

• It's time to get this done one way or the other!

Comment

Working...
                              X