American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    On another note, if anyone reads all other Valley message boards, I would recommend reading Panthernation regarding Creighton. WHile every other fanbase is treating this in a similar manner to Shockernet, they have a lot of posts about money. I guess when you are broke and hemmoraging money, how you can extort money from others is always a good topic. They takes several jabs at Wichita State as well. Great stuff, I'll post a few quotes.
    I haven't looked at UNI's board, but I'm not surprised.

Consider this for a moment: In the course of 24 months, UNI has found out that its three games with the highest attendance are now missing from their schedule as Iowa, Iowa St and Creighton will no longer be traveling to their little arena. On top of that, they found out that the Big 10 (and perhaps other BCS conferences) will no longer book buyout games against FCS football schools, costing UNI between $120K-200K annually. They are already battling state cutbacks. It is a tough time financially for UNI.

Comment

• Creighton’s departure will leave the Missouri Valley Conference with 9 teams. It is believed that Commissioner Doug Elgin has given the remaining university presidents information on potential targets to replace Creighton. Among those being considered:

Belmont, Oral Roberts, Valparaiso, Loyola-Chicago, Murray State, Nebraska-Omaha, Missouri-Kansas City and the universities in North and South Dakota.
      If some of these are serious considerations then the MVC is in trouble. UMKC, UNO, Loyola-Chicago.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
        If some of these are serious considerations then the MVC is in trouble. UMKC, UNO, Loyola-Chicago.
        ***ALERT***

The Valley will not improve with any possible addition. WSU is going to have to Memphis/Gonzaga the s*** out of the Valley. I don't see that happening unfortunately. So who cares who they add. I did a lot at first, then so so, now I couldn't care less who they add.

EDIT: except Dakota schools, that sucks and it's in Canada

Comment

• There are three schools on that list worth considering. The others are mostly laughable.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• the valley better be kissing our feet and valuing our opinion because we are the 1 school that could keep this conference strong and together, because if we ever found better opportunities, then the mvc would become a bottom tier conference.
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
              the valley better be kissing our feet and valuing our opinion because we are the 1 school that could keep this conference strong and together, because if we ever found better opportunities, then the mvc would become a bottom tier conference.
              1. The MVC will never kiss our feet (or nor should they). When WSU was bad, and if the MVC catered to good schools how would you have responded?

2. If you want to split this conference up, just go and start treating schools different.

3. MVC knows WSU has no other viable opportunities to go any where.

Comment

• Our sales pitch got a lot stronger this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  1. The MVC will never kiss our feet (or nor should they). When WSU was bad, and if the MVC catered to good schools how would you have responded?

2. If you want to split this conference up, just go and start treating schools different.

3. MVC knows WSU has no other viable opportunities to go any where.
                  Sadly, this...
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                    Sadly, this...
                    Have hope, friend. Butler had no options before its run and neither did VCU.

Keep winning and #PlayAngry

Comment

• George Mason to the A-10.

Comment

• Not surprised. I'd expect to see Siena join as well.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Personally I'd love to see Wichita State join the MW. Many MW fans feel the same way, although some have a pipe dream about Gonzaga and a few poor lost souls pine for BYU.

Wichita State would be our easternmost member, but you'd have New Mexico, Utah State, Colorado State, Wyoming, and Air Force as MW members who aren't much farther than some of your current MVC brethren. With an 18 game conference schedule and 11 teams to play the MW can minimize travel by locking in annual regional "rivals" for home and homes. Thereby guaranteeing Wichita State H&H against New Mexico, Colorado State, etc and minimizing your trips to San Jose, Fresno, and San Diego.

I think the MW averages about 9k in attendance for league games and our conference tourney in Vegas is regularly sold out, so we have some solid fan support for the sport and I think Wichita State fits our profile nicely. Plus you can join our multitude of other city-state members like Boise State, San Jose State, San Diego State, and Fresno State.

Mostly, I like the idea of adding Wichita State's pedigree to our basketball core of Utah State, New Mexico, UNLV, and San Diego State. A 12 team MW with Wichita State would never earn less than 3 NCAA bids, should regularly earn 4-5, and in some good years might garner 6-7.

Anyways, I'm sure you guys have discussed most of this before and I'm not breaking any new ground. But I really want Wichita State in our conference and am hoping like hell that it happens. I never would have thought it possible before Creighton left, but cheers to new beginnings and hopefully a MW strengthened with your addition.

Good luck in the Sweet 16. And thanks for busting my bracket by beating the Zags.

Comment

• Thanks for the kind words @MountainWest:. If you don't mind saying, what school do ya cheer for in that conference?

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                              Thanks for the kind words @MountainWest:. If you don't mind saying, what school do ya cheer for in that conference?
                              No problem at all. Air Force primarily. Although I cheer for the conference as a whole whenever it doesn't negatively effect the Falcons. Air Force basketball has never been great so I'm also a bandwagon New Mexico Lobos fan when it comes to round ball. After Air Force of course.

Comment

• Many of us would also like for it to happen. @MountainWest: have you heard any thing about the MWC actually considering adding a non-football school?
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X