Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by isu87 View Post
    Loyola??!! Puke!!

Belmont is a big Yes. Denver is an up and coming program with a growing fanbase and strong resources, although not much historical success--but I'm surprised it has support considering the distance from the weak sisters of the east.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Either way we end up with a weaker conference. Any way you slice it we simply must find a way to move up to a better conference, difficult as it may be.

Comment

• Better than the Dakotas. Not as good as having UNLV, USDS and New Mexico as conference partners.
        In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
          Loyola??!! Puke!!

Belmont is a big Yes. Denver is an up and coming program with a growing fanbase and strong resources, although not much historical success--but I'm surprised it has support considering the distance from the weak sisters of the east.
          Denver is a direct flight for most of us "weak sisters of the east" I think

and Denver is going to have to add some sports I believe

Comment

• Originally posted by benishock View Post
            Either way we end up with a weaker conference. Any way you slice it we simply must find a way to move up to a better conference, difficult as it may be.
            Who? You say it like there are options. But there are none unless something else blows up. Like it or not we are going to have to make the MVC work for us.

Comment

• From the MVC perspective, I'm glad that Belmont and Denver are the leaders. Denver does surprise me because of the distance from the less fortunate. I'd be happy with Belmont though. They've had pretty good success and may open up Nashville and the area to recruiting a bit more. Problem is the horrid attendance. Less than 3k per. Denver is a program on the rise. Money shouldn't be an issue as I understand their hockey program brings in big bucks and they're trying to improve basketball a great deal.

I'm still not opposed to adding both along with a public like Murray St. or Wright St.

I'm also not opposed to Bardo/Sexton working some magic and getting us into the MWC
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                Denver is a program on the rise. Money shouldn't be an issue as I understand their hockey program brings in big bucks and they're trying to improve basketball a great deal.

I'm still not opposed to adding both along with a public like Murray St. or Wright St.

I'm also not opposed to Bardo/Sexton working some magic and getting us into the MWC
                DU is a national power in hockey and lacrosse. They have big bucks and even bigger donors. Money is not an issue for them whatsoever, basketball just hasn't been a focus until recently. They have a lot of potential and big upside if they continue to commit to growing the program. They have a really nice arena that seats over 7000. Like us, they were stuck in bad conference and have been looking to move up--they joined the WAC right before it imploded.

Add Murray State, Belmont and DU to replace CU and I'll quiet my pleas to join the MWC by just a little bit.

Pull off a miracle and get into the MWC and I will be the happiest Shocker west of Goddard.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Denver also has a large TV market. Colorado is growing. UD would be a good choice to join the valley. but like the others, I hope they get some other teams. Perhaps a east/west division?

Comment

• My vote is for DU of course...

Go Valley!!

Go Shocks!!!!
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• I think DU would be a great add, big market, school that probably won't bail to another conference, etc. I also like Belmont, similar reasons. Murray State would be another good one to get. There are good options around, not CU good, but decent enough to keep the MVC from imploding. We just really need some schools to start stepping up again.. It wasn't too long ago that UNI and SIU were pushing a lot of schools around and helped the MVC get talk of a possible three teams in the tourney. We should be able to get there again.

Comment

• it will not be Denver WSU folks

Stu Whitney ‏@stuwhitney
                        Summit League commissioner Tom Douple says Denver informed Missouri Valley they will stick with Summit and not replace Creighton in Valley.

Comment

it will not be Denver WSU folks

Stu Whitney ‏@stuwhitney
                          Summit League commissioner Tom Douple says Denver informed Missouri Valley they will stick with Summit and not replace Creighton in Valley.
                          The Valley being turned down by Denver in favor of the Summit? Does it get any lower than that?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            The Valley being turned down by Denver in favor of the Summit? Does it get any lower than that?
                            Tells me Denver doesn't think they can compete in the MVC. The Summit is way worse than the old WAC which is way worse than the MVC.
                            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

The private-public mix is something to be considered. The Valley has four private schools and six public. Maintaining those numbers is not a necessity. A story in USA Today that listed Belmont, Loyola (Ill.) Denver and Oral Roberts as candidates puzzled Elgin, who said that information didn’t come from him.

It's a factor, but I can't remember a single issue that has been divided on public and private institutional lines,” Elgin said.
                               Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/03/09/270...#storylink=cpy

It looks like someone at USA Today has been reading Shockernet.

Comment

• I gotta hunch Elgin is thinking Dakota schools......blech.
                                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
                                X