Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
    I'll take it.
    I'm not just bashing Missouri State for entertainment, I'd really have some concerns adding them to a new conference simply because of their financial situation. They will have good years every now and then, but they just don't have the resources to do any heavy lifting. There may be other teams on that list that have similar issues, but I don't know much about the non-Valley schools.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by VALPOfan View Post

Rank School
      28 Murray State
      80 Wichita State
      82 Oral Roberts
      84 Southern Illinois
      90 Missouri State
      91 Illinois State
      114 UALR
      118 Valparaiso
      123 Bradley
      131 Austin Peay
      @AndShock: is correct about UNI. This doesn't get off the ground without them.

While I, too, am not sure about MSU, I believe you need 6 current MVC members to make this happen and IN St may be worse off financially than the Bears.

There's things I like about ORU and things that make me wonder if they should be on this list. Austin Peay's recent history, since 2008, hasn't been much either.

My other top choices are Belmont (I know, pretty recent history only), New Mexico St, and North and South Dakota Sts. I think the Dakota schools are players/go getters and will be successful in a group like this (they're also already in the MVCF).

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        @AndShock: I think the Dakota schools are players/go getters and will be successful in a group like this (they're also already in the MVCF).
        I agree 'cause weren't one of the Dakota's smart enough to offer Ron Baker when now else did?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          @AndShock: is correct about UNI. This doesn't get off the ground without them.

While I, too, am not sure about MSU, I believe you need 6 current MVC members to make this happen and IN St may be worse off financially than the Bears.

There's things I like about ORU and things that make me wonder if they should be on this list. Austin Peay's recent history, since 2008, hasn't been much either.

My other top choices are Belmont (I know, pretty recent history only), New Mexico St, and North and South Dakota Sts. I think the Dakota schools are players/go getters and will be successful in a group like this (they're also already in the MVCF).
          Agreed on SDSU and NDSU. SDSU is a basketball school with a top 50 Women's basketball program. The men's program won a couple of championships in D2, Frost is a nice arena that is about to undergo a major renovation. They also have the largest indoor practice facility in the nation with indoor track, seating etc. NDSU is arguably the most successfully run mid major athletics program with a nationally ranked Softball program, men's and women's track and field that has won the last 10 (or so) Summit Titles, and obviously their Football run over th last 5 or 6 years is unprecedented in modern college Football at any level. Basketball is solid and won a game against OU 2 years ago in Dance. In the Summit, it's basically SDSU and NDSU duking it out to go to the NCAA's each year. I am sure their budgets are well below other Valley programs but at least their trajectory arrow is up rather than flat lined or worse trending down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
            Agreed on SDSU and NDSU. SDSU is a basketball school with a top 50 Women's basketball program. The men's program won a couple of championships in D2, Frost is a nice arena that is about to undergo a major renovation. They also have the largest indoor practice facility in the nation with indoor track, seating etc. NDSU is arguably the most successfully run mid major athletics program with a nationally ranked Softball program, men's and women's track and field that has won the last 10 (or so) Summit Titles, and obviously their Football run over th last 5 or 6 years is unprecedented in modern college Football at any level. Basketball is solid and won a game against OU 2 years ago in Dance. In the Summit, it's basically SDSU and NDSU duking it out to go to the NCAA's each year. I am sure their budgets are well below other Valley programs but at least their trajectory arrow is up rather than flat lined or worse trending down.
            I watched the them duke it out in the championship game. Fun game to watch. The impressive part of the game was the fans. The arena was packed out and they were loud and crazy. They both would be perfect additions to MVC.

Comment

• If Elgin added a school from the Summit, it would certainly be Western Illinois.

#1 - It's in Illinois.
              #2 - Wouldn't threaten to lower any current teams in the Valley standings.
              #3 - Easy bus trip for the sisters of the poor members of the league.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                If Elgin added a school from the Summit, it would certainly be Western Illinois.

#1 - It's in Illinois.
                #2 - Wouldn't threaten to lower any current teams in the Valley standings.
                #3 - Easy bus trip for the sisters of the poor members of the league.
                This is so true. If it seems to make the most sense to go to the MVFC and add NDSU and SDSU to strengthen the conference, we will instead add Western Illinois and Youngstown State just because...

Comment

• Hereafter the MVC shall be known as The SAC - 'The Settlers' Athletic Conference. Everyone can wear home-made straw hats to the post-season conference tournament.

Comment

• ISASO, so you're saying to dress like Bares fans?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                      ISASO, so you're saying to dress like Bares fans?
                      Hahahaha. We legit dress better than any other group of fans in this conference. I'm not saying WSU is near the bottom or anything but I have always been impressed with our fashion sense. Particularly the college ladies. They bring it.

And I am not sure what group of fans dresses the worst now in the MVC, but the clear loser in the past was Creighton. It was a complete joke looking at those oompa loompas or whatever in St. Louis.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                        We legit dress better than any other group of fans in this conference.
                        Gotta love the off-season.

Best-dressed fans. Just another reason I can't figure out the Sun Belt Snub.

Comment

• Here's a way to go to 16 teams:

West:
                          Wichita State
                          Northern Iowa
                          South Dakota State
                          North Dakota State
                          Missouri State
                          Denver
                          Omaha
                          Arkansas-Little Rock

East:
                          Valparaiso
                          Alabama-Birmingham
                          Southern Illinois
                          Bradley
                          Illinois State
                          Indiana State
                          Evansville
                          Drake

Absent: Loyola (trade them back to the Horizon for Valpo)...Although, since UAB did bring back football, we may just have to keep them.
                          Last edited by Dave Stalwart; June 21, 2016, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Hahahaha. We legit dress better than any other group of fans in this conference. I'm not saying WSU is near the bottom or anything but I have always been impressed with our fashion sense. Particularly the college ladies. They bring it.
                            Not sure if serious.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

And I am not sure what group of fans dresses the worst now in the MVC, but the clear loser in the past was Creighton. It was a complete joke looking at those oompa loompas or whatever in St. Louis.
                              What do you call a hot chick on the Missouri State campus?

A visitor.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

What is the definition of safe sex at Missouri State?

Placing signs on the animals that kick.
                                Last edited by MoValley John; June 22, 2016, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X