American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
    I'd love to drag this out, it's like when you're a little kid, you loved batting practice. Not so much fielding grounders, but bp was always fun! Casey is just like bp. No, Casey is like hitting flies with a fungo, it's just that fun and easy.

That said, when I posted the thread, my work here was done. Casey can't claim I'm trolling or misrepresenting anything, when the whole thing is right there, everything.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Casey, June 22nd, 2011:

MSU football has the potential*to*draw tremendously. I think football is our future. But also do not overlook academics in the equation too.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Casey, June 22nd, 2011:

This fella that seems to know things on an MSU board just basically guaranteed it. Very interesting. Told everyone to get ready to eat crow. Coming from him I think this might actually mean something.

Comment

• June 22nd, 2011 didn't turn out to be a good day for Casey.

Comment

• The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Crap! Crap! Crap!

I was done posting Casey quotes from June 22nd, 2011, but this one is too rich to pass up! Skip to paragraph two! Here goes:

It doesn't really matter about current attendance. FCS football isn't popular outside of the U of Montana and Appalachian*State. No one in Springfield cares about FCS football. It would be an entirely different case if we were FBS.

We are well known for the two women's basketball Final Fours and the CWS in 2003. People know John Q Hammons, Ryan Howard, and Sean Marcum. They know our famous alums like the first gentleman on the first Bachelor tv show and others like John *******. We are in a great*state*with two major metropolitan areas and one of the nicest, fast-growing communities in the country is our own hometown. We can market all of these things. We have made tremendous strides as a school recently and will continue*to*do so under our leaders. And I would think nearly anyone who watches sports at even a casual level would realize that MSU is the school that was formerly Southwest*Missouri*State. The uniforms and colors are the same. College fans know.

Comment

• The first gentleman on the first Bachelor. John *******!

ROLFLMFLROALROLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!11!!! !!

College fans know!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!

You can't make this stuff up!

Comment

• Okay, since he's the guy over on ValleyTalk, err, MVCFans that got me going on this, here's a classic post from BEARZ77 dated July 2nd, 2011. Yup, according to this brain trust, Gregg Marshall is currently the coach of South Carolina.

You're funny Aargh; you got one guy over here from*Missouri*State*beating a theme and so that's reason*topile on with the insults. I don't mind people confronting the overzealousness of Casey, he's bought that himself; but try*to*stay a little grounded in reality. You can knock what we pay our basketball coaches all you want, but since the day we entered the MVC it's equated*to*more success than you've had at WSU in the same time span. So what's that mean in your grandiose view of WSU basketball. You paid Turgeon $750,000 + and he's gone; you're paying 1.2 million or more*to*Gregg and the minute South Carolina is open he's gone. And in the midst of all that it's bought you the same 1 league championship , 1 less Tournement championship, and 1 less NCAA appearance than us since we entered the league.*

I'll take heat from UNI, CU, and even though they're down now, SIU for fielding a more consistent top level program that got*to*the NCAA tourney over the last 20 years, but not WSU. You were the leagues ***** most of the 90's and have had a smattering of success in the past 10 years, but not enough*to*try*to*float the kind of superior attitude you think others will buy here.You might want*to*try winning something in men's basketball beyond a second tier tournement before you try*to*talk too much smack, cause you flat don't have the capital*to*cover the check your mouth is writing.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      Why is this dumb (separating football from other sports on a conference level)? Take football out of the equation, and there is no reason that Wichita State couldn't be included in the same conference as Kansas and/or K-State. We talk so much about keeping expenses reasonable for the non-revenue sports. This would be the solution to that. Let football have their deal, but keep the rest of the sports more regional. I am not seeing the issue here.
                      Exactly. I think there is a good chance football and non football sports will become become different conferences. Travel isn't an issue for football with so few games. Making that switch will be better for all schools; therefore, I have to assume it will be on the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        Okay, since he's the guy over on ValleyTalk, err, MVCFans that got me going on this, here's a classic post from BEARZ77 dated July 2nd, 2011. Yup, according to this brain trust, Gregg Marshall is currently the coach of South Carolina.

You're funny Aargh; you got one guy over here from*Missouri*State*beating a theme and so that's reason*topile on with the insults. I don't mind people confronting the overzealousness of Casey, he's bought that himself; but try*to*stay a little grounded in reality. You can knock what we pay our basketball coaches all you want, but since the day we entered the MVC it's equated*to*more success than you've had at WSU in the same time span. So what's that mean in your grandiose view of WSU basketball. You paid Turgeon $750,000 + and he's gone; you're paying 1.2 million or more*to*Gregg and the minute South Carolina is open he's gone. And in the midst of all that it's bought you the same 1 league championship , 1 less Tournement championship, and 1 less NCAA appearance than us since we entered the league.*

I'll take heat from UNI, CU, and even though they're down now, SIU for fielding a more consistent top level program that got*to*the NCAA tourney over the last 20 years, but not WSU. You were the leagues ***** most of the 90's and have had a smattering of success in the past 10 years, but not enough*to*try*to*float the kind of superior attitude you think others will buy here.You might want*to*try winning something in men's basketball beyond a second tier tournement before you try*to*talk too much smack, cause you flat don't have the capital*to*cover the check your mouth is writing.
                        That was pretty much where I stopped reading. There were no insults from WSU fans up to that point, then 77 got all excited at predicting the downfall of WSU.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Casey, June 22nd, 2011:

MSU football has the potential*to*draw tremendously. I think football is our future. But also do not overlook academics in the equation too.
                          I waffle on this one from time to time. But there is just something special about college football. The tailgates. The sorority girls dressing up. The atmosphere. The band. I am a football guy first and foremost and I still believe we have the right guy as coach. The support though may not materialize as I would have hoped. Springfield has let me down before.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Heeeeeeeee's back. And as hypocritical as ever.

How are those baseball Bares doing?
                            The Valley website is a great resource. They are not having a good year though.

It's going to be a fight for the auto bid and we are still the team that was just a few innings away from Omaha last year. One bad year does not knock us off of our perch.

Comment

Okay, since he's the guy over on ValleyTalk, err, MVCFans that got me going on this, here's a classic post from BEARZ77 dated July 2nd, 2011. Yup, according to this brain trust, Gregg Marshall is currently the coach of South Carolina.

I'm on page 15 of that thread; I laughed and laughed last night while reading it. My wife was concerned that I might die laughing. No doubt, HOF material.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                                The Valley website is a great resource. They are not having a good year though.
                                What's wrong with the Valley's website? And why is it taking a year to fix the website? They should probably fire the administrator.

Comment

Working...
                                X