• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
    AAC or bust.
    You meant ACC, didn't you?
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
      You meant ACC, didn't you?
      Either one would be better than the current hell hole.
      Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
        AAC or bust.
        Any multiple bid league or bust

Comment

• I honestly believe the MVC could be a perennial three bid league. I don't even think it would be that difficult. It would just take strong leadership and establishing a vision at the commissioner position.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Realistically back to earth... AAC Big East Atlantic 10 are three that are worth the move for

Comment

• Disagree on Atlantic 10. They generate more at-larges than the MVC (and are a better conference) but don't seem to have long-term stability. Sort of the same for the AAC to a lesser or greater degree.. I don't want to jump ship just to watch another conference get picked clean and get stuck with an MVC-esque league with less history and worse travel. Big East is the best. That is a league that looks to have no chance of shedding members, and it is also the best basketball conference of the three.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                Realistically back to earth... AAC Big East Atlantic 10 are three that are worth the move for
                Of the Three, the Big East is by far the most stable.

The AAC is not stable. UCONN, Cincy, Memphis, and even Houston are all being mentioned for Big 12 expansion. Memphis and Houston are both probably not serious candidates but without UCONN, and Cincy, the AAC is badly damaged.

The AAC is still better than the Valley but travel is an issue and without UCONN, and Cincy, is the AAC a multiple bid league? Probably a 2 bid league and sometimes maybe a 3 bid league but it is not much better than the Valley.

Comment

• Hopefully, when the AAC starts getting picked over, a conference like the Big East may feel that expansion is necessary.

If that happens, we have a shot. But until the next major shift in conferences happens, we may as well grab a snickers.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I heard the other day that the Big 12 doesn't believe Cinni, UCONN, or Memphis wouldn't bring "enough" in helping to negotiate a new TV deal.

I think Texas would try to block adding any other in state schools as well.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      Hopefully, when the AAC starts getting picked over, a conference like the Big East may feel that expansion is necessary.

If that happens, we have a shot. But until the next major shift in conferences happens, we may as well grab a snickers.
                      Have we been invited yet? The only concrete thing we've heard is that Rasmussen will bring us up to the Big East. If you don't know more, don't take it for granted. The AAC may not happen either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        I honestly believe the MVC could be a perennial three bid league. I don't even think it would be that difficult. It would just take strong leadership and establishing a vision at the commissioner position.
                        The difficulty is in getting strong leadership and a visionary commissioner. Too many MVC members don't care enough to make that happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          Have we been invited yet? The only concrete thing we've heard is that Rasmussen will bring us up to the Big East. If you don't know more, don't take it for granted. The AAC may not happen either.
                          Nope. Thats my point. We arent going anywhere until some pieces up the chain start moving. No one is going to invite us until they need replacements.

Except the Big East. They wont be replacing. They may just feel expansion is necessary.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• We've had a good run these last 5-6 years, but now we have prove we can sustain that level of play without some of the awesome players we have had in the past. Not that the cupboard is bare, but we still have to put the pieces together. If we can have at least another 2 to 3 year run of staying more than relevant, and we keep Marshall happy and content, we may be enticing enough to get an invite.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                              Of the Three, the Big East is by far the most stable.

The AAC is not stable. UCONN, Cincy, Memphis, and even Houston are all being mentioned for Big 12 expansion. Memphis and Houston are both probably not serious candidates but without UCONN, and Cincy, the AAC is badly damaged..
                              I'd put my money on Houston first, Cincy second. UCONN is geographically undesirable AND their football program is poor. Houston will strengthen the Houston TV market, they have a relatively large stadium and they're close to everyone but West Vorginia. Cindy isn't as good a fit, but would work when they separate into two divisions, as they are close to West Virginia. Plus they've had some success in football, so there's that, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                                We've had a good run these last 5-6 years, but now we have prove we can sustain that level of play without some of the awesome players we have had in the past. Not that the cupboard is bare, but we still have to put the pieces together. If we can have at least another 2 to 3 year run of staying more than relevant, and we keep Marshall happy and content, we may be enticing enough to get an invite.
                                Last time we had transfers plus good jucos plus freshman that can help we went to the final 4... Food for thought

Comment

Working...
                                X