No announcement yet.

Daily Wit and Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What we know about the global financial crisis is that we don't know very much.
    Paul Samuelson
    8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

As pride increases, fortunes decline -- Ben Franklin

Comment

Colour Sergeant Bourne: It's a miracle.
        Lieutenant John Chard: If it's a miracle, Colour Sergeant, it's a
        short chamber Boxer Henry point 45 caliber miracle.
        Colour Sergeant Bourne: And a bayonet, sir, with some guts behind.
        "Zulu" 1964
        8)
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Thousands of geniuses live and die undiscovered - either by themselves or by others. -- Mark Twain

Comment

The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.
            Oliver Wendell Holmes
            8)

Comment

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
              Mohandas Gandhi
              8)

Comment

GROSS: You've had a lot of hard drinking in your time, and you've also done a lot of drugs in your time. Do you think that your involvement with alcohol and drugs had anything to do with wanting to keep up with the men, as we were talking about before, and wanting to be at the top, as it were?

Ms. O'DAY: That's a good question. I never thought about it that way. No, I do it because I enjoy it. Music Legend Anita O'Day
                8)

Comment

A religion that gives nothing, costs nothing, and suffers nothing, is worth nothing. --Martin Luther

Comment

It is part of the general pattern of misguided policy that our country is now geared to an arms economy which was bred in an artificially induced psychosis of war hysteria and nurtured upon an incessant propaganda of fear.
                    Douglas MacArthur
                    8)

Comment

The world must be made safe for democracy, its peace must be planted upon the tested foundations of political liberty. We have no selfish ends to serve. We desire no conquests, no dominion. We seek no indemnities for ourselves, no material compensation for the sacrifices we shall freely make. -- Woodrow Wilson

Comment

In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?
                        -- Former President Ronald Reagan

Comment

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.
                          George Carlin
                          8)

Comment

Allaahu Akbar
                            Allaahu Akbar
                            Allaahu Akbar
                            Allaahu Akbar
                            Ash'hadu an laa ilaaha illallaah
                            Ash'hadu anna Muhammadan-rasulullaah
                            Haya 'alas-salaah
                            Haya 'alal falaah
                            Allaahu Akbar

Barack Obama - March 6, 2007
                            8)

Obama’s March 6, 2007 interview with Nicholas D. Kristof of the New York Times, entitled, “Obama: Man of the World,” ( Gateway Pundit ) has

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
                              Allaahu Akbar
                              Allaahu Akbar
                              Allaahu Akbar
                              Allaahu Akbar
                              Ash'hadu an laa ilaaha illallaah
                              Ash'hadu anna Muhammadan-rasulullaah
                              Haya 'alas-salaah
                              Haya 'alal falaah
                              Allaahu Akbar

Barack Obama - March 6, 2007
                              8)

http://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...ll-prayer.html
                              Obama didn't quite get it all right. The complete transliteration from Arabic and its translation is available at this Wikipedia page.

There's a Sunni version and a Shi'a version.

I think Christians can all agree on what the translation of each line has to say except for the one that says "Ash-hadu anna Muħammadan rasulullah", which translates to "I testify that Muhammad is a Messenger of God".

Comment

The opening lines of the Adhan (Azaan) is the Shahada:

"Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
                                Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
                                I witness that there is no god but Allah
                                I witness that there is no god but Allah
                                I witness that Muhammad is his prophet? "

Comment

Working...
                                X