Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    I believe he blamed his initial reaction of not knowing who David Duke was and the refusal to distance himself on the (CBS?) Sunday morning interview on a bad earpiece, then several days later provided a statement that disavowed Duke's support.
    I'm noticing a pattern here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      Here is Karl Rove's take from this morning's article in the Wall Street Journal. He sees Steve Bannon's influence in the following light:
      Bannon, whom stated that his company, Breibart, was a "forum for the alt-right", is not actually alt-right. He also does not disavow the alt-right, but sees them as an ally. He created a really nifty andvance algorithm that uses polling data to determine the greatest amount of overlap in political issues. He utilized this to create a populist platform for Trump to run on. Because, by a damn miracle, Teump won the POTUS, we have two key takeaways:

Bannon's metrics are ridiculously accuarate and may be the political equivalent of Money ball.

Trump trusts Bannon.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• FWIW, the number one way to lose to an SJW liberal is to apologize for offenses rendered. By apologizing, one lends credence to their value system. The denial of an apology renders leftist idealogues to demonstrate logically that their opponent is morally inferior. Because moral inferiority is a difficult logic to prove out, triggered SJWs will act like irrational children.

Notice that Trump never apologizes. It's an effective, yet divisive tactic.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Blowback from this week's presser continues as White House cancels infrastructure advisory council.

Not that Congress needs any help slowing things down but this is gonna take a minute to regain momentum for much of anything I would imagine.

Comment

• Democrat representative in Missouri called for Trumps assasination....

Comment

• Yuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                Democrat representative in Missouri called for Trumps assasination....
                Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                Yuck.
                Missouri lawmaker posts, deletes Trump assassination comment

Sen. Marie Chappelle-Nadal said she has no intention of resigning over a comment she posted and then deleted Thursday.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• The assassination comment makes me think.

How should comments, made in frustration, and quickly and completely retracted, be dealt with? Obviously the retraction does not fully excuse the comment, but also, I understand that comments made out of emotion are not the same as those well thought out and defended.

Not saying she shouldn't resign or be fired. Maybe so. Maybe not. I'm unsure. Just saying that I feel torn as to the exact response that is appropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                    The assassination comment makes me think.

How should comments, made in frustration, and quickly and completely retracted, be dealt with? Obviously the retraction does not fully excuse the comment, but also, I understand that comments made out of emotion are not the same as those well thought out and defended.

Not saying she shouldn't resign or be fired. Maybe so. Maybe not. I'm unsure. Just saying that I feel torn as to the exact response that is appropriate.
                    I thought about it a lot, too. I think for me, if you're an elected official, you probably need to stop down after saying something like this, even if you quickly retract it. Part of the deal as a politician is that you should attempt to be above reproach.

For me, I probably wouldn't fire someone if someone sent me a screenshot of an employee having a similar emotional and heated response to something, so long as they quickly apologized and said it was a mistake. I don't know, though.

And is it worse if the heated or emotional response is discriminatory? Like, if during Obama's presidency someone called for his assassination in the same way but also called him the n-word. For example, when Jonah Hill insulted the guy photographing him by calling him a derogatory term for a gay person. He immediately went on one of the late night shows and did an incredible apology, but the insult itself was rooted in prejudice on top of being rooted in frustration. Obviously calling someone a name is probably not as bad as wishing someone dies, but they are both just words. And they are both coming out of a place of immediate frustration and emotion. But only one of them adds in another bad element that I probably don't want festering in my workplace. It's certainly an interesting thing to talk about.

But, for me, it's clear she should step down as an elected official.

Comment

• Needs to be arrested.

Comment

• I think Trump may be done. I've never seen the country like this. That guy can't seem to get out of his own way.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          Needs to be arrested.
                          No. Absolutely no.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                            No. Absolutely no.
                            Not saying yes or no, but what would happen to us if you or I did as she did? Then, to her, add the responsibility of being an elected official and leader of her constituents.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              I think Trump may be done. I've never seen the country like this. That guy can't seem to get out of his own way.
                              President Pence would be great.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                              X