Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    Not the best timing to further splinter a weak Republican coalition in Congress. Tax cuts, health care and infrastructure may have to wait a while.
    With the setup in the senate nothing " conservative" was ever going to happen.

Tax cuts have never been going to happen - and frankly if you are not cutting spending with our deficit it would not be fiscally responsible.

Healthcare is never going to happen (except single payer) because the reality the politicians don't have any better ideas and are happy with Obamacare. It another way to pander to insurance companies.

Increased infrastructure spending is just disguised pork.

Tax reform is never happening because there is to much money and political influence to keep the system the way it is.

If the republicsan pass nothing bad or do nothing except fund our government for another year it probably a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      David Dukie has thanked Trump for his support. trump has not denounced that statement, even though he's had time to respond.
      Trump is on record disavowing David Duke ad nauseum for at least 15 years. Any narrative to the contrary is simply carrying the baton of slimy leftist propaganda.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        With the setup in the senate nothing " conservative" was ever going to happen.

Tax cuts have never been going to happen - and frankly if you are not cutting spending with our deficit it would not be fiscally responsible.

Healthcare is never going to happen (except single payer) because the reality the politicians don't have any better ideas and are happy with Obamacare. It another way to pander to insurance companies.

Increased infrastructure spending is just disguised pork.

Tax reform is never happening because there is to much money and political influence to keep the system the way it is.

If the republicsan pass nothing bad or do nothing except fund our government for another year it probably a win.
        I do not disagree except that tax cuts would have and may still happen if something gets passed which allows any breathing room at all on CBO projections (health care bill or otherwise) - these guys do not give a rat's behind about additional debt just like the Dems. It definitely will not be tax reform based on what we've seen.

This administration starves itself for wins. Nothing getting done is going to be tough sledding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Trump is on record disavowing David Duke ad nauseum for at least 15 years. Any narrative to the contrary is simply carrying the baton of slimy leftist propaganda.

And then in February of 2016, "I don't know anything about David Duke." And "I have to look at the group. I mean, I don't know what group you're talking about. You wouldn't want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about. I'd have to look. ... I will do research on them and certainly I would disavow if I thought there was something wrong." http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/28/politics/donald-trump-white-supremacists/

W
          hich is remarkably similar to his recent comments saying "you don't make statements that direct unless you know the facts. It takes a little while to get the facts. You still don't know the facts. It is a very, very important process to me." https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/u...ranscript.html

So, Trump is clearly the kind of guy who takes his time and makes sure he has all the facts before he denounces racist folks. But things like Obama's birth certificate and things like having the biggest election win in history? Those require no investigation.

Comment

• He may not like David Duke but evidently Richard Spencer brought many fine folks to this weekend's little shindig according to the President.

At best, an incredibly uninformed and ill-contemplated comment when considered in a light generous enough to be considered naive.

Comment

He's certainly not on record disavowing him in the last 1 year. I'm going to believe actions over words with this President.

When David Duke publicly thanks the President, it's time to set the record straight, and it's time to do that before going to the speech writers and find out what to say. If the President doesn't know what to say to a thank you from David Duke, then there's a problem.

I guess I'm just a slimy left-wing propagandist.

You may have to include the Chairman of the RNC as a slimy left-wing propagandist. If you get your news solely from Fox, you won't see the conversatoion between Michael Strahan and the RNC chair that was on ABC. I don't know if Fox is quite ready to air the RNC Chair pretty much reaming the Prez.
              Last edited by Aargh; August 16, 2017, 08:10 AM.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Sigh ...
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Sigh ...
                  I think we're all feeling the same thing. My sighs are just about the president coming to the defense of a gang of white supremacists while your sighs are related to your belief that other folks are willfully ignorant of Trump's past as a champion of the charge against the klan.

Comment

He's certainly not on record disavowing him in the last 1 year.
                    actually that is not true, but then, so what

Comment

• Marco Rubio looked presidential this week .....[sigh]

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        actually that is not true, but then, so what
                        If I've missed something, I'd really like to be better-informed. When David Duke endorsed him during the campaign, there were lots of people looking and waiting for Trump to distance himself, but from what I gathered, that never happened.

Did I miss something?

Comment

• You see what you want

Comment

If I've missed something, I'd really like to be better-informed. When David Duke endorsed him during the campaign, there were lots of people looking and waiting for Trump to distance himself, but from what I gathered, that never happened.

Did I miss something?
                            I believe he blamed his initial reaction of not knowing who David Duke was and the refusal to distance himself on the (CBS?) Sunday morning interview on a bad earpiece, then several days later provided a statement that disavowed Duke's support.

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                2000? Was Trump even a Republican in 2000?

Comment

Working...
                                X