Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
    Media really blowing up about the Cory Lewandowski charge. Ate watching the video, it doesn't appear to me to be hardly anything.
    I agree. It's just unecessary bad publicity that may add to bad unfavorables in a general election. It probably could have gone away with a quick apology. Now it will stick around for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      I agree. It's just unecessary bad publicity that may add to bad unfavorables in a general election. It probably could have gone away with a quick apology. Now it will stick around for a long time.
      I have a different take. Why would the secret service allow her that close to Trump?

Second, She wasn't looking for an apology but was looking to be the "story". She made a fundamental mistake, you can't do anything without a camera seeing you. The video doesn't match her narrative - she got caught in a lie and now it blowing up in her face. And let's face it Trump can make her life a living hell.

The Hillary campaign has treated conservative journalist much worse - where is the outcry?

I don't understand the liberal anger at Trump - if he is that bad of candidate why would u care? It can't be because you are moral since your support of Hillary and your blind support of abortion on demand to kill babies speak to your Godlessness and immorality. So do they fear he could whim the general election regardless of the polling?

To the Republican Party - u are idiots. U made trump possible because you refuse to be principled. If you want to win the 2016 president election then give us a moral, principled
      , God fearing man who is a leader. Otherwise shut up and sit down.

Only hope I see is either:

1. Trump is who he says he is and it truly is a phenomen.
      2. Republican contested convention with soneobody unknown gets the nomination that people can rally around.

Kasich and Cruz have no chance in the general.

Comment

• Trump said that he was going to unite people. He has succeeded in uniting pro lifers with pro abortion forces in saying Trump is an idiot with his statements that women who get abortions should be punished. You just can't make this stuff up. Trump is now becoming educated on the pro life view of abortion.

Comment

• It is hard for me to picture a unified Republican party any time soon. The divides within the party are growing at such a staggering pace this cycle.

I mean, is there anyone out there (Congressman, Senator, Governor or otherwise) who you could imagine placating the different elements within the American right-wing at this point? It seemed as if someone like Rubio would be the most universally appealing (or the least appalling, depending on your view) within the party, and the polls showed that he was generally everyone's second-favored option early in the cycle. He is from a swing state, is young, well-spoken, has an overwhelmingly conservative voting record and offers a fine testament of faith. He offered a positive message without the baser populist appeals to anger and frustration compared with Trump or to a lesser degree, Cruz.

It seems like this is the kind of guy a lot of conservatives are hoping might emerge from a contested convention. If that is the case, why did that same electorate reject him so emphatically in the early primary states? Would someone like Paul Ryan or (insert name of generically likable but unspectacular candidate here) have any better luck appealing to an increasingly scattered spectrum of right wing voters? I doubt it but I suppose there is always a chance.

Republican voters have no interest in a more conventional conservative this cycle. They are pissed, they want someone who taps into that anger, and they are more than willing to sacrifice ideological consistency to find someone who gives that anger a "voice."

An incredibly dumb and short-sighted move to give in to such base emotions, IMO, but I guess we will see how this plays out. Republicans are making it clear they don't want an actual conservative despite all the bitching about the lack of credentials for McCain, Romney, etc. - they had a couple a of decent options this time around and tossed one in the garbage heap, with the other still hanging on for now but trailing handily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            It is hard for me to picture a unified Republican party any time soon. The divides within the party are growing at such a staggering pace this cycle.

I mean, is there anyone out there (Congressman, Senator, Governor or otherwise) who you could imagine placating the different elements within the American right-wing at this point? It seemed as if someone like Rubio would be the most universally appealing (or the least appalling, depending on your view) within the party, and the polls showed that he was generally everyone's second-favored option early in the cycle. He is from a swing state, is young, well-spoken, has an overwhelmingly conservative voting record and offers a fine testament of faith. He offered a positive message without the baser populist appeals to anger and frustration compared with Trump or to a lesser degree, Cruz.

It seems like this is the kind of guy a lot of conservatives are hoping might emerge from a contested convention. If that is the case, why did that same electorate reject him so emphatically in the early primary states? Would someone like Paul Ryan or (insert name of generically likable but unspectacular candidate here) have any better luck appealing to an increasingly scattered spectrum of right wing voters? I doubt it but I suppose there is always a chance.

Republican voters have no interest in a more conventional conservative this cycle. They are pissed, they want someone who taps into that anger, and they are more than willing to sacrifice ideological consistency to find someone who gives that anger a "voice."

An incredibly dumb and short-sighted move to give in to such base emotions, IMO, but I guess we will see how this plays out. Republicans are making it clear they don't want an actual conservative despite all the bitching about the lack of credentials for McCain, Romney, etc. - they had a couple a of decent options this time around and tossed one in the garbage heap, with the other still hanging on for now but trailing handily.
            Rubio lost in part because:

1. Being decimated by Christie in debate and labeled with "Robot Rubio".
            2. Rubio did not have the ground game from what I have read.

Maybe next time he will be ready.

Can anybody imagine what a Bernie Sanders presidency would look like?

Comment

• Good article on the fracturing, and disenchantment, of the republican party.

Opinion, but pretty based in demographics only, and well written.

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Yea, #1 definitely hurt since he was riding momentum from Iowa at the time, but he still never meaningfully crested the 20% mark and continued to grab the lion's share of late deciding voters even after the New Hampshire debacle. It was just way too little too late.

Christie kicked him in the nutz again when he endorsed Trump the morning after Rubio's best debate performance (and Donald's worst). The headlines shifted at about 10 AM the next morning and robbed him of any bounce.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Maybe next time he will be ready.

Can anybody imagine what a Bernie Sanders presidency would look like?
                  Rubio lost when he sided with Democrats and the Gang of 8 on immigration.

It was the 1 thing that Cruz had on him and has allowed Cruz to be the longest lasting #nevertrump.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

• If there was any doubt Trump is trying to capture all racist votes, his ralley in Patchogue, New York settles it. The rally was held on the same street where a 2006 hate crime murder against a Hispanic took place. In New York, that's the only thing that little town is known for.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

If there was any doubt Trump is trying to capture all racist votes, his ralley in Patchogue, New York settles it. The rally was held on the same street where a 2006 hate crime murder against a Hispanic took place. In New York, that's the only thing that little town is known for.
                      so you are saying blasio or Hillary might vote for him?

Comment

If there was any doubt Trump is trying to capture all racist votes, his ralley in Patchogue, New York settles it. The rally was held on the same street where a 2006 hate crime murder against a Hispanic took place. In New York, that's the only thing that little town is known for.
                        Perhaps he's there to rally against hate crime.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          Perhaps he's there to rally against hate crime.
                          If so he forgot to mention it.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

If so he forgot to mention it.
                            But he did mention he was there to support hate crime?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Symbolism
                              In the fast lane

Comment

So you're saying Trump symbolically held a rally on a street where a murder occurred ten years ago to capture all the big racists out there? I think a more logical explanation is that Patchogue, NY is a town of about 11,000. Most towns that size are a bit limited in their options of venue. If Trump were really trying to assemble racists for white supremacy domination, he might want take lessons from De Blazio and Clinton.

From this clip, they're expert racists.

Comment

Working...
                                X