Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    In the context of lost jobs to _current_ citizens, it makes a tremendous difference. In the future, they will become the Americans without jobs, getting a paycheck.
    It seems like a stretch to blame a now-30 year old's potential unemployment at age 55 on the U.S. citizen children of today's illegals. There are a lot of gaps in the assumptions necessary to draw that nexus.

Comment

This was discussed elsewhere. We have LEGALLY outsourced about 2.4 million jobs to date. We are ILLEGALLY outsourcing about 8.5 million jobs at the moment. Illegally outsourced jobs are 3.5x the problem of legally outsourced jobs. And that does not take into consideration that we are enabling the illegal population to export $50 billion ANNUALLY out of the country, that our jails are burdened with violent illegal aliens disproportionate to the population, and the fact that the birth rate of the illegal alien population exceeds the rest of the country's birth rates (meaning the problem is compounding EVEN IF you shut down the border completely).
      I'm not sure why you capitalized "Legally". Are companies well within their right to do so? Yeah I mean ultimately its their business and their in it to make money. If 8.5 million jobs as you say are currently being given to illegal immigrants pushing them out to their home countries isnt going to help you or me. those companies are gonna two 1 of 2 things - outsource (you still dont have a job) or close up shop (you still dont have a job)

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
        But what are millenials and gen-x'rs kids going to work? Manufacturing in America and Wichita specifically has gone down the shitter. the big thing now is "teach kids its okay to build things, you dont have to be a doctor or a lawyer" I agree 100% but when companies are sending jobs overseas because its cheaper they're forced to go the service route which obviously pays alot less but doesnt do much as production does. Theres multiple reasons for that and I'm sure everyone has an opinion on it but regardless - if my generation (I'm 35) and the generation after me experienced a baby boom I'm not sure how exactly that will help until the other factors are fixed (as a caveat I havent read the articles you linked which I will do so in some fashion of spare time)
        Yea, the manufacturing jobs just aren't coming back unless something apocalyptic happens in America that drastically reduces production costs. It looks like future generations will have to continue the trend of specialization within services?

That also requires more education, which requires more student loan debt....which is such a huge problem now and both parties are either too clueless or gutless to help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
          Yea, the manufacturing jobs just aren't coming back unless something apocalyptic happens in America that drastically reduces production costs. It looks like future generations will have to continue the trend of specialization within services?

That also requires more education, which requires more student loan debt....which is such a huge problem now and both parties are either too clueless or gutless to help.

agreed. Im telling my kids to go to college. One wants to work with animals at the zoo. I encourage it but at the same time I know he's being set up for some headaches once it get there which is why I REALLLLY push not only his academics (he's a 3.5 kid right now) but also athletics. Anything that can help

Comment

This is an example of how welfare + illegal immigration is a disaster for Americans and a streamlined guest worker program becomes an important component of the solution.
            This is the key point.

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
              I'm not sure why you capitalized "Legally". Are companies well within their right to do so? Yeah I mean ultimately its their business and their in it to make money. If 8.5 million jobs as you say are currently being given to illegal immigrants pushing them out to their home countries isnt going to help you or me. those companies are gonna two 1 of 2 things - outsource (you still dont have a job) or close up shop (you still dont have a job)
              The vast bulk of the jobs taken by illegal immigrants can't be offshored.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                I don't know who pisses me off more: Trump or the TFL's who show up to protest his speeches. Man, that's a toughie. I'm going to go with the leftist protestors who main desire in life is to muzzle people with which they disagree. It is okay to have a difference of opinion, even if that opinion is bad. It is called "tolerance" which is a word I could swear the average liberal is familiar with.
                Yes, I believe that's the word they shove down your throat for disagreeing with them, before they go hide in their safe space.

Comment

It's not the worst thing in the world to lose manufacturing jobs. Yes, there are negative consequences to the individual worker and to communities where manufacturing is a large component of the local economy, and you could even say there are some national security concerns. But in the long-run, the lower cost of production is a benefit to every consumer and raises the standard of living.

In most cases, outsourced work is a sign of wealth.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                    It's not the worst thing in the world to lose manufacturing jobs. Yes, there are negative consequences to the individual worker and to communities where manufacturing is a large component of the local economy, and you could even say there are some national security concerns. But in the long-run, the lower cost of production is a benefit to every consumer and raises the standard of living.

Agreed. It is an inevitability of capitalism and free trade.

Comment

• A nice article on Trump's health care plan: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...e63786822.html

It actually looks really solid (from a high level). I haven't look at any others yet, how does it compare with Rubio and Cruz's?

Comment

• Here is the main link to the WSJ series on population growth - I sorta barfed out a bunch of random articles earlier but this is the easiest reference point. It was a pretty fantastic series and echoed a lot of Piketty's more interesting theories from Capital in the 21st Century (not in terms of his proposed solutions though, which skew hard to the left).

Comment

Here is the main link to the WSJ series on population growth - I sorta barfed out a bunch of random articles earlier but this is the easiest reference point. It was a pretty fantastic series and echoed a lot of Piketty's more interesting theories from Capital in the 21st Century (not in terms of his proposed solutions though, which skew hard to the left).
                          Will banning abortion help?

Comment

• The end game of job outsourcing via free trade is a populace with low cost of goods and services, but with no means or wealth by which to acquire such.

Comment

Will banning abortion help?
                              Undoubtedly.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post

I disagree with "its not the worst thing" I understand what you're saying overall but just dont agree with that one thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X