Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    We've had a Republican Congress for a few years. Congress sets the budget. The Republicans have not reduced spending. I've yet to see a Republican administration or Congress significantly cut spending.
    There have been some conservative who have tried to cut spending - even threatening to shut down the non-essential parts of the government to force the president to sign a bill instead of vetoing - but they have been vilified. Unless the republican (or democrats - because they had a shot also to balance the budget) can get a veto proof majority - they can't do what the other party doesn't want to happen. But ultimately neither party leaders really want to face up to the reality of what needs to be done and now we have already went past the tipping point. We are Greece.

Comment

• We have had a Republican congress and governor for many years in Kansas and the spending was not cut to match the cuts in the revenue. They have had every chance to find and employ the needed improvements in efficiency or budget cuts. I have been registered Republican for nearly 40 years but find the current political morass untenable.

Comment

• This seems like the wrong thread for this, but oh well . . .

The problem is I don't think there is much in the state budget to cut, unless you want to cut education or transportation. My understanding is that the tax cuts were supposed to spur the economy and increase revenue so spending cuts wouldn't be required. This worked in the 80s at the federal level for several reasons, one of which is the legality of deficit spending. As much as I miss Reagan, federal spending saw huge increases during his presidency.

States don't have the same luxury of deficit spending. When the tax cuts in Kansas didn't work, it left us in a huge hole. Now it's up to voters to send the legislators who can't admit their mistake (and thereby showing their constituents they are incapable of learning) back home to whatever jobs they were doing before getting elected.

I'm still a conservative, but the brand of fiscal conservatism Brownback/Bruce/etc. attempted didn't work. I hoped it would and thought it might. But at least I can admit my mistake. (And I don't even want to mention the slight of hand they used to try and fool people into believing they increased education funding.) It's time to elect a new brand of conservative who understands the needs and responsibilities of the state.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          This seems like the wrong thread for this, but oh well . . .

The problem is I don't think there is much in the state budget to cut, unless you want to cut education or transportation. My understanding is that the tax cuts were supposed to spur the economy and increase revenue so spending cuts wouldn't be required. This worked in the 80s at the federal level for several reasons, one of which is the legality of deficit spending. As much as I miss Reagan, federal spending saw huge increases during his presidency.

States don't have the same luxury of deficit spending. When the tax cuts in Kansas didn't work, it left us in a huge hole. Now it's up to voters to send the legislators who can't admit their mistake (and thereby showing their constituents they are incapable of learning) back home to whatever jobs they were doing before getting elected.

I'm still a conservative, but the brand of fiscal conservatism Brownback/Bruce/etc. attempted didn't work. I hoped it would and thought it might. But at least I can admit my mistake. (And I don't even want to mention the slight of hand they used to try and fool people into believing they increased education funding.) It's time to elect a new brand of conservative who understands the needs and responsibilities of the state.
          I voted against my incumbent state senator. It looks to be a close race, but the incumbent probably gonna pull it out.

Comment

• I think Huelskamp is in deep trouble tonight.

Comment

• Lots of Anti-Incumbent emotion out there.

The Democrats and the Establishment Republicans know they have to win in August because they have a much harder time winning in November.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

• Boobs.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                  Boobs.
                  Every last one of them.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Oops!

Trump aide admits mistake in blaming Obama for 2004 Iraq war death

The right and the left continue to show their ignorance… what a fiasco. The POTUS seems to be doing Trump a favor by continuing to open his mouth and criticizing Trump while overly supporting ‘crooked’ Hillary. I’m sure Trump’s public comments are driving his family and advisors to the brink. Unfortunately, he doesn’t care what he says and it might actually work… God only knows why.

Hell will freeze over before I’d ever consider voting for Hillary. At this point I’ll be voting for Trump (actually his family), but there are times when I’d like to kick him right in the nads. Obama and Trump are the ultimate narcissists. I’d rather have another narcissist in the White House versus a pair of crooks. Lord help us!

I believe this film ("Hillary's America") might become a factor in deciding the election; the left is trying hard to squelch it.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• At this point I’ll be voting for Trump (actually his family), but there are times when I’d like to kick him right in the nads. Trump is the ultimate narcissist. I’d rather have a narcissist in the White House versus a pair of crooks.

There has never been a better time to vote third party for the Libertarians.

Neither of the other two candidates should even be considered for the office.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I think Huelskamp is in deep trouble tonight.
                        He was in trouble since his unprovoked attack ad on Dr. Marshall.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                          He was in trouble since his unprovoked attack ad on Dr. Marshall.
                          That's exactly what tore it for me with Huelskamp. That ad left you to believe that Dr. Marshall had done some really nefarious ****. It was all about a disgruntled conctractor, and the injuries he claimed to be taking pain meds for was actually an existing arthritic condition. The ad made no mention of any of this, but left one to believe that Marshall was a homicidal maniac. It was deceptive by design.

Comment

• Is it even possible for anyone to do more to damage Trump's campaign than Trump is doing to it?
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              Is it even possible for anyone to do more to damage Trump's campaign than Trump is doing to it?
                              Absolutely not

Comment

• @ShockRef: might be upset over this one… someone stole his patented tag line.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X