Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
    Symbolism
    But it's not symbolism that he is speaking out against hate crime. It's only symbolism if it fits YOUR narrative. Got it.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Reagan's first campaign speech after receiving the nomination was a small town in Mississippi. Same town where the Federal government had to go in to find the bodies of three murdered civil rights workers. I don't beleive he mentioned the incident but sure called out for States rights. Seems like pretty similar approaches.
      In the fast lane

Comment

• Every candidate Democratic and Republican, hold several rallies in every state they go through. I'm sure if we go through every town the candidates have gone through, we can cherry pick places that each candidate held a rally within close proximity to a place where a hate crime occurred.

Comment

• I Listened to the whole speech by Trump. He didn't mention hate crimes. When did he speak out against them?
          In the fast lane

Comment

I Listened to the whole speech by Trump. He didn't mention hate crimes. When did he speak out against them?
            Is it possible that just maybe, he is focused on his campaign and completely unaware of an incident that occurred 10 years ago?

Comment

• I have come to the conclusion that Donald Trump is about to accept the position of head basketball coach at Vanderbilt and Memphis since he has not come out and publicly declined the offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
                Every candidate Democratic and Republican, hold several rallies in every state they go through. I'm sure if we go through every town the candidates have gone through, we can cherry pick places that each candidate held a rally within close proximity to a place where a hate crime occurred.
                I don't believe Presidential candidates would head out first to Philadelphia, Mississippi without a very political cause. In Reagan's case it was to pick up the old George Wallace supporters. It seems like a similar tactic by Trump. It's believed hate crime against Hispanics had been covered up for years in Patchogue.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Is it possible that just maybe, he is focused on his campaign and completely unaware of an incident that occurred 10 years ago?
                  There were requests he not to go there because of concern that it would stir up things again.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

There were requests he not to go there because of concern that it would stir up things again.
                    This is all feigned outrage. It doesn't help the political process one bit. And I say this as someone that will not ever vote for Trump.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I don't believe Presidential candidates would head out first to Philadelphia, Mississippi without a very political cause. In Reagan's case it was to pick up the old George Wallace supporters. It seems like a similar tactic by Trump. It's believed hate crime against Hispanics had been covered up for years in Patchogue.
                      Okay, when Hillary or Bernie hold a rally in Manhattan, blocks away from Ground Zero without mentioning 9/11 or coming out against jihadists would it be fair to say that they would be symbolically supporting extremism and hold those views? It would be kinda of silly right?

Comment

I think it's more likely because they want to silence him. No other candidate, except for maybe Cruz would get the whole racism schtick. This whole thing just seems like a big reach, but in instances where you have actual examples of closet racism like with DeBlazio and Clinton, or more blatant examples with the Clinton's being supporters and friends with people like Senator Robert Byrd who was a KKK member, it gets swept under the rug. But every circumstantial occurrence or anecdotal evidence that people provide of conservatives being racist, it's always taken seriously.

Comment

I think it's more likely because they want to silence him. No other candidate, except for maybe Cruz would get the whole racism schtick. This whole thing just seems like a big reach, but in instances where you have actual examples of closet racism like with DeBlazio and Clinton, or more blatant examples with the Clinton's being supporters and friends with people like Senator Robert Byrd who was a KKK member, it gets swept under the rug. But every circumstantial occurrence or anecdotal evidence that people provide of conservatives being racist, it's always taken seriously.
                          Yeah, plus, Hillary gets huge support from gay rights advocates, yet she was a supporter of DOMA. Then again, Brendan Eich was forced to resign from Mozilla over a couple thousand dollars he donated to a California organization fighting gay marriage.

It's all feigned outrage.
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                            This is all feigned outrage. It doesn't help the political process one bit. And I say this as someone that will not ever vote for Trump.
                            Yes you will.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

They've made dozens of documentaries and some big budget movies about Philadelphia, MS. It IS symbolic to the civil rights movement. I've never heard of the NY town you speak of.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Philadelphia, MS is certainly remembered for the civil rights workers who were murdered and that was all it was known for until Marcus Dupree came along. I don't think Reagan was trying to capture old Wallace (who was ironically a Democrat) supporters. His speech was to appeal to the small, limited government, states rights, individual rights crowd. What is more minority than the individual? I think that politicians who don't pander to race, identity politics and class warfare will always have the racist label thrown at them.

I think a big reason of why Trump is resonating with the masses is because a lot of people are tired of race/identity/class politics.

Comment

Working...
                                X