2024 Presidential Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
    I watched Hillbilly Elegy and am now a big fan of Vance. His story is one of the most inspirational I've seen. If Vance were the lead on the ticket, my vote would be for him.
    ​​
    Watched it the other day. When I googled it to see where it was streaming I saw a bunch of articles calling it controversial. After I watched it i went to see why they said it was controversial and it’s because conservatives were watching it and saying they liked it.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Too lazy.
      You require no effort.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Welcome to the recession boys and girls. DOW’s in a tailspins. Hold on to your britches… could be a rough ride.

https://mainemorningstar.com/2024/08...20job%20market.

“Fed Chair Jerome Powell said the central bank still needs to see more data showing that inflation is dropping enough to justify cutting rates. Despite recent upticks in the unemployment rate, Powell said the labor market was normalizing from a hotter job market.​“
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "It's the economy, stupid!" - '92 Clinton campaign

Seems apropos to the 2024 race.

Comment

• Yeah, it was only a matter of time.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Stock market is crashing and I can't log into my Schwab account. Coincidence? Hell no.

I can log into Fidelity though.

Score: Private banks - 1, Public banks - 0
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• A correction was likely, if not needed. The Japanese market is responsible for liquidating substantial holdings to cover short positions there. I'm not saying we're out of the woods, but the information coming out of the Fed seems calming to me.

Equities are likely to be all over the map until after the election. We'll get a Fed rate cut for sure in 4 weeks or less.

There will be some really good buying opportunities, imho the utilities sector, especially if they follow the larger indexes down a bit. There will always be bargains.

Now, you couldn't get me to put money into the crypto market right now for literally anything. 35-40K Bitcoin would not surprise me in the least.

Comment

• Just last week................ Biden, "I cured the economy!"
                      Also last week.................Kumala " This economy is called Bidenomics! HAHAHAHA CACKLE CACKLE CACKLE........."
                      ..............................you can look it up............

Comment

• Those who make the rules and count the votes usually win...........that's how we got Biden/Harris. They have even more control now than in 2020. It will take a massive turnout for Trump to eek out a win.

Comment

• I hate that we can't have honest debate, especially within politics.

Not making people vote isn't voter suppression.

I don't care on which end of the political spectrum you find someone, if that person is completely disconnected, I don't want anyone making them vote. That's why voting should be in person or only if a person requests a mail in ballot. Everyone is allowed to vote. No one should be made to vote. A person engaged is far more worthy than one that is not.

And you don't even have to get into the potential fraud which is about 1000 times more likely.

But we can't debate that because, you know, white people are racist and Libs get rich off division and hate.

Comment

• Pin is right that Trump is sometimes dumber than a box of rocks (well he alluded that sometimes Trump isn’t very smart, but I said he is dumb).

He goes to Georgia to win there four years after he attacked Republican Gov. Kemp and Republicans then lost both Senate seats in a state that should be “Red”. Now, he attacks Kemp again.

Kemp says that he is focused on saving the country from Kamala Harris.

Former President Trump repeated attacks on Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp for refusing to overturn the former president's 2020 election loss to President Biden in the state.
                            Last edited by Shockm; August 5, 2024, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              There will be some really good buying opportunities, imho the utilities sector, especially if they follow the larger indexes down a bit. There will always be bargains.
                              ​​​​​​The last week has been rough as all gains on the year have been wiped out. My portfolio tracks the Russell 2k pretty closely. That said I was excited to deploy a few grand today on a healthcare reit that has raised their dividend 36 consecutive quarters and pays a 9.5% yield.

Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Kamala Harris has chosen Minnesota Governor Tim Walz to be her running mate. The Veep was worried that choosing a Jewish Vice President like Josh Shapiro, might have cost her the All-Important "Death To America" vote

Comment

Working...
                                X