Clear All

• pinstripers
    replied

not good

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Thought just came to my mind. With Europe depending on Russia for approximately 30% of their oil and gas, why can't the US open up all oil production avenues and take on some of that 30% so Europe doesn't have to depend on Russia and they can cut Putin off? Of course that would take a President who was forward thinking and logical and he would have to go against his wokeholes in his party, but seems like a plan that might work. You could produce enough to make the US independent, which was done quickly and successfully under Trump, and at the same time help Europe become independent of Russia. It just might also help boost our economy and lower gas prices in the process.
    You will literally do or say anything to suppress the black vote, prevent the free expression sexuality among youth, and maintain the status quo of the white privilege that is the cause of global warming.

Racist!

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Read it in a yahoo article which could be problematic but still makes some sense to me. Having owned marginal wheat land along the Colorado Kansas border I would say that precipitation is always a concern. If the high plains are indeed heating up precipitation may be a bigger problem down here in the future, but not so much in Canada. Also more wheat land may open up in Canada due to global warming.
    We had a bit of a precipitation problem around here from 1930 thru 1936. Also global warming?

Leave a comment:

• N Crestway
    replied
    Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

How does someone from Kansas account for wheat exports with global warming? Russia holds 1/6th of all of the land on Earth and wheat will grow almost anywhere. Much of Russia's land won't grow anything but wheat, so since the 1990's they have been converting their huge wastelands into wheat fields. Wheat grows in Canada and New Mexico. Short season, long season, wheat will grow. At the equator and the artic circle, you can find a variety of wheat that will grow. Wheat just may be the most hearty and varied crop grown. Yet somebody is attributing exports of wheat to global warming? Corn or soybeans, maybe, but wheat? Global warming has nothing to do with Russia's wheat harvest.

https://www.feedipedia.org/node/6435
    Read it in a yahoo article which could be problematic but still makes some sense to me. Having owned marginal wheat land along the Colorado Kansas border I would say that precipitation is always a concern. If the high plains are indeed heating up precipitation may be a bigger problem down here in the future, but not so much in Canada. Also more wheat land may open up in Canada due to global warming.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Shocker
    replied
    Thought just came to my mind. With Europe depending on Russia for approximately 30% of their oil and gas, why can't the US open up all oil production avenues and take on some of that 30% so Europe doesn't have to depend on Russia and they can cut Putin off? Of course that would take a President who was forward thinking and logical and he would have to go against his wokeholes in his party, but seems like a plan that might work. You could produce enough to make the US independent, which was done quickly and successfully under Trump, and at the same time help Europe become independent of Russia. It just might also help boost our economy and lower gas prices in the process.
    Yep. Easy-capease...but in today's upside down world somehow, someway somewhere that would be deemed racist I'm quite sure

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Brilliant. Never gonna happen under this guy. LNG is the way to do it

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/08/coca...in-russia.html

This may hurt more than a Ukrainian-fired Stinger missile. :-]

850 Micky D's closed their doors.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/08/coca...in-russia.html

PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, McDonald’s and Starbucks each said Tuesday they are suspending business in Russia after that country’s invasion of Ukraine.
    This may hurt more than a Ukrainian-fired Stinger missile. :-]

850 Micky D's closed their doors.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

You really think Putin will turn it back on because his lawyer tells him to?
    Of course not. But the Europeans still don’t get it though. If they had, in 2014 they would have started weening themselves off of Russia.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

No. It would probably trigger some world court mechanism that get the lawyers richer in Europe.

Again, with this administration it feels like we are living in Bizarro World.

1. The release of strategic petroleum reserves of 30 billion barrels - that is 2 days of world imports

2. Banning of Russian oil - US doesn't import much of Russia. The countries that do, are definitely not banning any imports

Russia is really making out great on this with the increased revenue and China is backfilling anything lost through any real economic sanctions.

Prices of oil are being blamed on Ukraine/Russia when in reality the prices were climbing well before, much because of the U.S. own policies.
    You really think Putin will turn it back on because his lawyer tells him to?

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Would Russia shutting off the spigot of the Nord Stream 1 be an act of war?
    No. It would probably trigger some world court mechanism that get the lawyers richer in Europe.

Again, with this administration it feels like we are living in Bizarro World.

1. The release of strategic petroleum reserves of 30 billion barrels - that is 2 days of world imports

2. Banning of Russian oil - US doesn't import much of Russia. The countries that do, are definitely not banning any imports

Russia is really making out great on this with the increased revenue and China is backfilling anything lost through any real economic sanctions.

Prices of oil are being blamed on Ukraine/Russia when in reality the prices were climbing well before, much because of the U.S. own policies.

Leave a comment:

• MoValley John
    replied
    Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Russia by itself is now the worlds biggest wheat producer, possibly due in part to global warming. Would expect more wheat land to be opening up in Canada for the same reason. Most of Russia's resources will now be going to China and Asia which was Russia's and especially China's plan all along.

I'm hoping that our sanctions are more than just a multi year hiccup for the Russian economy. Due to my mistrust of economic statistics, I think the West is being a little overly optimistic about the strength and relative importance of its economies and the effects of its sanctions. China and its "friends" in Asia are going to reap the benefits of this war or perhaps series of Putin wars.
    How does someone from Kansas account for wheat exports with global warming? Russia holds 1/6th of all of the land on Earth and wheat will grow almost anywhere. Much of Russia's land won't grow anything but wheat, so since the 1990's they have been converting their huge wastelands into wheat fields. Wheat grows in Canada and New Mexico. Short season, long season, wheat will grow. At the equator and the artic circle, you can find a variety of wheat that will grow. Wheat just may be the most hearty and varied crop grown. Yet somebody is attributing exports of wheat to global warming? Corn or soybeans, maybe, but wheat? Global warming has nothing to do with Russia's wheat harvest.

Leave a comment:

• N Crestway
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

At the minimum. This is for the world consumption. Ukrainians on the ground already know what's up in their town and what they are planning. That's as good as it's gonna get for them, I'm afraid. Anything being televised further is just for our knowledge and can only be used to alert Russians and put in their minds that everyone is fair game. Whereas if their had been any reservations before, it's gone.

It's easier to show a 19 year old private a video from his propaganda officer of Sergei and say, "See Misha, you need not worry about Ukraine civilian they kill you". As opposed to Misha's humanity hesitating at first, then getting torched.

It's not about justifying Russia. It's Russia using it as well to sway their soldiers to do the bad.

I just don't think it's helping Ukraine in the end.
    We are already seeing what amounts to the ethnic cleansing of many areas of the eastern Ukraine. In the end, the West and Joe Biden are going to stay on the sidelines and watch this mugging take place. We're doing some symbolic things like providing weapons and doing sanctions to make us feel better about ourselves. We're trying to pass off our position as one of strength but in reality it isn't.

Leave a comment:

• N Crestway
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Clearly the world is in a bad place right now and trending to a worse place. And the United States is far from imune to any of it. In fact, we are in the process of committing national suicide.

Also, it is not like Putin doesn't have some significant tools at his disposal including Russia's nuclear weapons in addition to its oil and gas producition and reserves. There are other retaliatory cards that Putin, supported by China, can and will deploy. While Russia is one of the world's largest producers and suppliers of fossil fuels it is the world's largest supplier of fertilizer. The mother's milk of modern, high-yield agriculture. The Russians just announced that they are suspending all exportation of fertilizers. In addition, Ukraine is one of the leading exporters of wheat, corn and other critical food items, the export of which looks to be controlled by Russia.

With a $31 trillion deficit, with more be added daily and more huge spending being promoted by the Biden administration, and double digit inflation already upon us we may very well be heading towards $10 a gallon gasoline and a doubling of food prices. Whether a debiltating recession or depression hits us before that happens remains to be seen.

The most important thing though is that we extinguish systemic racism by classifying everyone by their skin collor and learn everyone's preferred pronouns so as not to offend anyone with a micro-aggression. If we can do that, than we'll solve all our problems.
    Russia by itself is now the worlds biggest wheat producer, possibly due in part to global warming. Would expect more wheat land to be opening up in Canada for the same reason. Most of Russia's resources will now be going to China and Asia which was Russia's and especially China's plan all along.

I'm hoping that our sanctions are more than just a multi year hiccup for the Russian economy. Due to my mistrust of economic statistics, I think the West is being a little overly optimistic about the strength and relative importance of its economies and the effects of its sanctions. China and its "friends" in Asia are going to reap the benefits of this war or perhaps series of Putin wars.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X