X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    I just towed a trailer with my truck two thousand miles round trip, three separate times (6K miles in total) since mid-December, to an area where the average low temperature in the winter is somewhere in the single digits, if that. Tell me how that looks with an electric truck?
    Not good. As I said, EV's are not for everyone in 2022.

I could see a transition where most families will have one EV vehicle and one traditional. In the end, I think 90% of terrestrial travel will be electric. Then comes air.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Yeah, the "SUV" is sucky looking.

The "get up" as you say... is otherworldly. Overpriced for the budget-conscious consumer, but you absolutely get the latest tech on earth - in a car - for your dollars spent.

The market will soon be flooded with EV options, so stay tuned! Ford's Mustang Mach E is getting rave reviews. It's a bit ugly though IMO.

Ford F-150 Lightning pre-orders are all sold out.

The Mach E is plain and ugly. I've seen a bunch of those here is So Cal. Bought my V8 Tundra this year before the did away with the V8 and added a hybrid. EV's have a loooong way to go before becoming mainstream with affordability and range being the two biggest issues I see.

Leave a comment:

• SHOCKvalue
    replied
    As far as the energy crisis is concerned... high gas prices will convince a lot of folk to move on over to electric. That isn't such a bad thing. Once you drive an electric vehicle, it's hard to go back. They need to get cheaper though. Perhaps some creative leases or incentives can take the sting out for the average American. I like the idea of cooperative ownership programs as well. Americans will innovate in these times and come out better for it.
    The only thing that happens when we move over to EV's will be that we move from dealing with global bad actors who specialize in fossil fuels to global bad actors who deal in natural materials associated with battery production.

I just towed a trailer with my truck two thousand miles round trip, three separate times (6K miles in total) since mid-December, to an area where the average low temperature in the winter is somewhere in the single digits, if that. Tell me how that looks with an electric truck?

Until the infrastructure and "refueling" capabilities of EV's make an industrial revolution-like jump in scaling, EV's will remain an option only for people who live their entire lives in urban areas, or who only travel between urban areas via the interstate.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied

The "get up" as you say... is otherworldly. Overpriced for the budget-conscious consumer, but you absolutely get the latest tech on earth - in a car - for your dollars spent.

The market will soon be flooded with EV options, so stay tuned! Ford's Mustang Mach E is getting rave reviews. It's a bit ugly though IMO.

This one 'looks' pretty good, but 'looks' can be deceiving...

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I have driven one of the Model S and was impressed by the get up. Not impressed with much else and wouldn't spend the money. Too gimmicky. Wife and I looked at the smaller SUV a few months ago. Looked cheap inside and not impressed.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied

Republicans argue that President Joe Biden's temporary freeze on new drilling leases and other initiatives centered on clean energy have hurt the country's ability to produce its own oil and gas.

But administration officials and experts say that's not exactly the case.

"We've already seen domestic production ramp up," Alan Zibel, a research director at Public Citizen, told Newsweek.

Zibel noted that production "fell off a cliff" in the spring of 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic but has been gradually coming back since, under both former president Donald Trump and Biden.

Natural gas marketed production increased 2.2 percent in 2021, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA). While crude oil production fell slightly in December 2021 compared to November 2021, the EIA has predicted U.S. production of crude oil will rise to average 12 million barrels per day in 2022 and then to a record-high of 13 million barrels per day in 2023.

"It's simply not true that my administration or policies are holding back domestic energy production," Biden told reporters on Tuesday. "That's simply not true."
    Just another viewpoint to keep the conversation honest.

There's no question that a Biden Administration is going to be less liberal with oil exploration leases as the Republicans are FIRMLY in the back pocket of big oil. But... there's only so much the D's can do as market forces will eventually prevail. As I mentioned just recently, soaring oil futures WILL stimulate more domestic extraction efforts. You can bank on it just like you'd bank on the sun rising tomorrow. The question is, how long will we be involved in the conflict? If the shooting stops tomorrow, this all becomes a nothingburger as far as domestic supply is concerned. In fact, there's nothing wrong with our supply right now, the speculators are merely bidding up the price of contracts with the expectation that we will have a supply crunch in the near future.

Here's some info on our SPR.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied

Have you ever driven a Tesla?

https://turo.com/us/en/search?countr...%2070532985000

Go rent one and take the ol' lady out for a spin. She'll be thrilled I assure you.
    I have driven one of the Model S and was impressed by the get up. Not impressed with much else and wouldn't spend the money. Too gimmicky. Wife and I looked at the smaller SUV a few months ago. Looked cheap inside and not impressed.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You can tell this guy was a Republican.

And just like a Dim does, he diverts attention from the insane gas prices and deflects to electric cars. Definitely a sound and timely solution.

Now that covid is over, this guy is gonna go counter argument anywhere that’ll fulfill his need for self-gratifying trolling.
    Have you ever driven a Tesla?

Go rent one and take the ol' lady out for a spin. She'll be thrilled I assure you.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Putin's people will have to assassinate him. The West does not have the will.
    Assassinations never work out too well for us. I suspect we'd end up with somebody far worse than Putin. We need him publicly humiliated, then ousted (voted out) by his inner circle. Putin and his friends are more materialistic than idealistic, make no mistake about it. That inner circle is whose yachts, mansions, Bentleys and jets we are currently rounding up and impounding.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    I'd arm every man, woman, and child with Stinger missiles so Russia cannot gain air superiority. Then it's guerilla warfare time. A horrible existence, but it will assure the Russians of paying a price they could never conceive of paying.

Then I would HEAVILY bolster NATO forces inside countries surrounding Russia. This, along with the sanctions, is about all we can do short of actively engaging. Then we wait...

As far as the energy crisis is concerned... high gas prices will convince a lot of folk to move on over to electric. That isn't such a bad thing. Once you drive an electric vehicle, it's hard to go back. They need to get cheaper though. Perhaps some creative leases or incentives can take the sting out for the average American. I like the idea of cooperative ownership programs as well. Americans will innovate in these times and come out better for it.
    You can tell this guy was a Republican.

And just like a Dim does, he diverts attention from the insane gas prices and deflects to electric cars. Definitely a sound and timely solution.

Now that covid is over, this guy is gonna go counter argument anywhere that’ll fulfill his need for self-gratifying trolling.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    From what I have heard, Putin has totally isolated himself. This would make a coup difficult. But, something will have to give in order for Russia to stop.

And if Putin is ousted, I'm sure he has a fairly large amount of supporters that need to be 'dealt with'. I have no idea how this doesn't end in a complete **** show.
    It will likely have to end with an internal coup that leads to Putin being taking out for good.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
    The thing I keep coming back to is the end game here...a few scenarios:

1. Russia eventually just demolishes Ukraine... Does the US do anything outside of what's currently being done? Do we just allow Russia to run Ukraine indefinitely?
    2. Russia claims pseudo victory and controls part of Ukraine but not all...same question as above
    3. Ukraine fends off low-morale troops and Russia quietly retreats (this seems unlikely). Does the US keep sanctions in place indefinitely? After X years? Does everyone forget what happened?
    4. US gets directly involved and all hell breaks loose. Bad things happen. There is full-on war in Europe with Russia directly threatens the US.

I just don't see how things can ever go back to normal now unless we're going to stick our fingers in our ears and pretend everything is unicorns and rainbows.
    WIth regards to #1 and #2, I am wondering if Russia has fully thought this through. Any puppet regime they put in place in Ukraine is going to face nonstop fighting and push back from the Ukrainian people. They will never fully have control of that country.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerPrez
    replied
    From what I have heard, Putin has totally isolated himself. This would make a coup difficult. But, something will have to give in order for Russia to stop.

And if Putin is ousted, I'm sure he has a fairly large amount of supporters that need to be 'dealt with'. I have no idea how this doesn't end in a complete **** show.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Putin's people will have to assassinate him. The West does not have the will.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    Israel was making trips to and from Moscow and they came back with Putin is not stopping.
    Sounds disturbing. I wonder why such "delicate" information was released to the press? Israel is not known to kowtow to Dictators. Almost sounds propagandistic. It's exactly what Putin would want them to say. Perhaps 5D chess. Assuage the tyrant's ego.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X