No announcement yet.

Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White House: Our goal is to have 50 percent of schools open by April 30, 2021 — “at least one day per week”

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Anybody who thinks a minimum wage increase to $15 is a good idea sucks at economics 101.
      Abolish the minimum wage
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        White House: Our goal is to have 50 percent of schools open by April 30, 2021 — “at least one day per week”
        Awesome. Just in time for summer break. Makes sense...

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Would it apply to waitresses and other workers that receive tips? Waitstaff is excluded from minimum wage as it is correct? They make something like 2 bucks I think.
          I think just waitresses that are registered Democrats

Comment

• A Federal minimum wage would change everything at the state level. Right now, Kansas is at a $7.25 level. I hope you don’t eat out much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
              A Federal minimum wage would change everything at the state level. Right now, Kansas is at a $7.25 level. I hope you don’t eat out much.
              A tipped employee engages in an occupation in which he or she customarily and regularly receives more than $30 per month in tips. An employer of a tipped employee is only required to pay $2.13 per hour in direct wages if that amount combined with the tips received at least equals the federal minimum wage. If the employee's tips combined with the employer's direct wages of at least $2.13 per hour do not equal the federal minimum hourly wage, the employer must make up the difference. Many states, however, require higher direct wage amounts for tipped employees.

A tipped employee engages in an occupation in which he or she customarily and regularly receives more than $30 per month in tips. An employer of a tipped employee is only required to pay $2.13 per hour in direct wages if that amount combined with the tips received at least equals the federal minimum wage. If the employee's tips combined with the employer's direct wages of at least $2.13 per hour do not equal the federal minimum hourly wage, the employer must make up the difference. Many states, however, require higher direct wage amounts for tipped employees.
              Now if they change this law, it would hurt waitstaff because most decent ones do better than $15/hr.

Comment

Now if they change this law, it would hurt waitstaff because most decent ones do better than $15/hr.
                Bus boys, dish washers, cooks? It all comes out of the price for a steak or hamburger

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

not so fast.. i’m much more conservative than liberal (registered independent) but love some of the old school rappers that spit about all the above. e40, brotha lynch, sicx, mc ei8t, the bloods & crips 93 album was aight.
                  I guess that would put you in the 10% category then.
                  I Believe rap is listened to by people mostly under about 35. Most rap music is purchased by even younger people because they don't have as many financial responsibility. So I stand by the statement, but I'm not condemning anyone who listens to it. Just saying the lyrics in some rap music is anti-white racism and anti-police, and most is purchased by young indoctrinated minds. Not all of it fits the categories I mention though.

Comment

The wait staff all depends on how the law is written. Generally speaking, hourly employee total wage compensation has to be greater than the minimum wage. i.e. If the minimum wage is $15 an hour and you make $2/hour and $10/hr in tips, you could sue your employer.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I Believe rap is listened to by people mostly under about 35. Most rap music is purchased by even younger people because they don't have as many financial responsibility. So I stand by the statement, but I'm not condemning anyone who listens to it. Just saying the lyrics in some rap music is anti-white racism and anti-police, and most is purchased by young indoctrinated minds. Not all of it fits the categories I mention though.
                      I got a turntable recently and bought about 7 albums. One was The Chronic. We used to cruise around and listen to it, 5 dudes in a Chevy cavalier with the doors rattling to the base. I hadn’t listened to it in years. When I put it on my stereo, it made me blush.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Some just like it because it's creative and has a good beat. When your musical tastes and experiences are vast, occasionally you find yourself looking for something new that moves the needle. Nothing sounds "bigger" on a high fidelity car sound system than what is played on Power 93.5.

Comment

Some just like it because it's creative and has a good beat. When your musical tastes and experiences are vast, occasionally you find yourself looking for something new that moves the needle. Nothing sounds "bigger" on a high fidelity car sound system than what is played on Power 93.5.
                          I agree with you on this cold. That is amazing in itself. So do you agree that some rap calls for kill whitey and bad mouths police?

My point is not to criticize the music but to say there are bad messages within some of it, that can brainwash the minds of listeners.

Back in the mid early 70's the beatles cut an album that was said to have a satanical message.It was said that if you reversed the direction of the turntable, that you could understand the message. In rap, it's right out in the open at times.

BTW. I think it was the "I am a walrus" song. Damn that was almost 50 years ago. I'm getting too damn old.
                          Last edited by Atxshoxfan; February 9, 2021, 09:30 PM.

Comment

I agree with you on this cold. That is amazing in itself. So do you agree that some rap calls for kill whitey and bad mouths police?

My point is not to criticize the music but to say there are bad messages within some of it, that can brainwash the minds of listeners.

Back in the mid early 70's the beatles cut an album that was said to have a satanical message.It was said that if you reversed the direction of the turntable, that you could understand the message. In rap, it's right out in the open at times.

BTW. I think it was the "I am a walrus" song. Damn that was almost 50 years ago. I'm getting too damn old.
                            Backward masking and Satanic messages are all bullshit. It's a statistical aberration. I can find Satanic messages in SpongeBob episodes if I played them all backwards with a biased mindset.

I can still to this day recite almost the entire song, "**** the Police" by NWA and I have never for a second thought about taking one out.

I don't condone what they rapped, but I was young and I thought it was cool. They said they were merely artistically expressing what they witnessed growing up in Compton. I'm dubious. But those who would shoot a cop after listening to that song were likely going to shoot one anyway. It was said once long ago that nearly 80% of rap music purchases were made by white kids. Perhaps things have changed now. Does anybody even buy music anymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I got a turntable recently and bought about 7 albums. One was The Chronic. We used to cruise around and listen to it, 5 dudes in a Chevy cavalier with the doors rattling to the base. I hadn’t listened to it in years. When I put it on my stereo, it made me blush.
                              Dafuq do you need a turntable to play The Chronic? *Commands Alexa to start playing The Chronic by Dr. Dre*

Comment

Dafuq do you need a turntable to play The Chronic? *Commands Alexa to start playing The Chronic by Dr. Dre*
                                I wanted the ritualistic process of putting down a record and needle and listening end to end. I am only getting stuff that I don’t have on other media with notable exceptions for great albums (Floyd, zeppelin, etc).
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X