No announcement yet.

Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In his first network news interview since the inauguration, the president discusses relations with Iran and China.

Biden says U.S. won't lift sanctions until Iran halts uranium enrichment

President Biden said the U.S. will not lift sanctions against Iran unless the country stops enriching uranium, continuing a standoff with the country's supreme leader, who has demanded that sanctions be lifted before the country returns to its obligations under the 2015 nuclear deal.

"CBS Evening News" anchor and managing editor Norah O'Donnell spoke to Mr. Biden in his first network news interview since his inauguration. It will air in the 4 p.m. hour ahead of the Super Bowl on Sunday.

"Will the U.S. lift sanctions first in order to get Iran back to the negotiating table?" O'Donnell asked.

"No," Mr. Biden responded.

"They have to stop enriching uranium first?" O'Donnell asked.

Mr. Biden nodded affirmatively.
    Good.

Comment

• Hopefully, Biden doesn’t run the economy into the ground, raise taxes on us all, and cause hyper inflation in the U.S. before Iran gets the bomb. Obama and Biden already gave Iran billions to fund their terroristic and nuclear ambitions.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        May as well put this in here...

We've discussed racism - systemic or otherwise - in various threads and I made a statement not too long ago that I believe there to be a very large base of racists (specifically white vs. black) still in America. I stumbled upon this article which was advertised at the bottom of a completely unrelated article (I don't go hunting for this **** to read) and found it quite illustrative of what I was talking about.

Despite being removed from playlists, Morgan Wallen's streams did not dip on Wednesday, while his digital album sales rose 1,220 percent.

Morgan Wallen’s Sales Skyrocket After Racial Slur Controversy

Now my personal opinion is that he should offer his mea culpa and then drift into the shadows while he slowly attempts to rebuild his brand. I don't think he should be "cancelled" or anything like that, but his business is publicity, and you can't be walking around dropping N-bombs (or whatever he said) in 2020 and hope to remain a celebrity.

But the fact that his music sales spiked to such an extent paints a dark picture. How much do you want to bet his recent customers were 98% Trumpers?

Perhaps if someone is interested, they can translate those percentages to actual sales.
        So when a black rapper trashes whites or calls for killing cops in his music. I would bet my life that 90% of those who purchased it are biden supporters. So what is your point?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Whatever happen to her:

justice.jpg

She can hear what one says, but she cannot see who says it. If a word is allowed to go out on the airwaves, which I know this word does, and people of one race can call each other this word (actually as a positive), it should NOT be a word that penalizes a person of another race. It is either wrong or it is not. A person of one race cannot use a word with impunity while another of a different race can have their career potentially ruined. In this case, pulled off the airwaves. If you do not want someone of one race use a word, then you should not want any other race (or nationality), including your own, to use the word. If you disagree, I can see how that would be a form of racism. Yes, I understand the difference. The problem is, as long as the word is still prevalent in any form of public use, it will not go away in the vocabulary of those you do not want using it.

Personally, I hate the "N" word.
          We'll stated. I hate that word too. I have black nieces that I admire and love. My son got office hours in the marine corp for throwing a guy over a balcony, breaking his arm when he called my nieces the n word.
          fortunately, his commanding officer excused the charges after hearing from witnesses about the use of the n word.
          Unfortunately my son, myself and millions of others who think like us are now considered racist's.

So many folks like cold do not tolerate our opinions, let alone listen to our side because it is easier to shut us up by calling us racists, fascist, our other incriminating descriptors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

So when a black rapper trashes whites
            lol

The ol' reverse racism song and dance. A favorite of racists everywhere.

You'll be fine long after Ice Cube calls you a cracker.

Loved NWA back in the day btw.

Comment

• Really pissed about that stupid Bruce Springstein ad. That SOB can kiss my azz!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

So when a black rapper trashes whites or calls for killing cops in his music. I would bet my life that 90% of those who purchased it are biden supporters. So what is your point?

not so fast.. i’m much more conservative than liberal (registered independent) but love some of the old school rappers that spit about all the above. e40, brotha lynch, sicx, mc ei8t, the bloods & crips 93 album was aight.

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

not so fast.. i’m much more conservative than liberal (registered independent) but love some of the old school rappers that spit about all the above. e40, brotha lynch, sicx, mc ei8t, the bloods & crips 93 album was aight.
                  I don't care what kind of music it is. However, I'm not gonna LOVE anyone who "spits about all the above" (whites or otherwise).

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

Why do I not know any of those artists lol.

Run DMC, NWA, Easy-E, Tone Loc, Hammer, Ice Cube, Snoop, 2 Live Crew, LL Cool J...

Mostly "pop" rappers lol.

I listen to a lot of modern hip-hop also. Don't laugh at me but I think Nicki Minaj is an incredible talent and was the first female rapper I took seriously.

Cardi B?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I don't care what kind of music it is. However, I'm not gonna LOVE anyone who "spits about all the above" (whites or otherwise).
                      I get VERY suspicious when a white person exhibits outrage over the N word.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I get VERY suspicious when a white person exhibits outrage over the N word.
                        Racist.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Racist.
                          Exactly. They are usually pulling the "reverse-racism" cry or are merely hypocrites.

Blacks have taken ownership of the word and use it as a term of endearment rather than a slur. I grew up hearing the word over and over in rap music and eventually started calling my buddies nigga too. It's like saying dude. There's a big difference between friends calling each other that name and a guy in a white sheet.

Although I would never recommend a white dude walking around using that term in public. White people don't own the word N and it clearly has a sordid history in this country. But the more people who say it in an affectionate manner the more negative power it loses. I used to feel honored growing up when a brutha addressed me as nigga lol.

Comment

• It was thought that the 15.00 minimum wage was off the table on a Covid reconciliation bill. Wrong. Bernie as the Senate Budget Chair has got it back on. It also calls for minimum wage yearly increases as median wages increase.

This will kill restaurant jobs in Kansas. Who said that the Republicans are just as dangerous to America as Democrats?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                              It was thought that the 15.00 minimum wage was off the table on a Covid reconciliation bill. Wrong. Bernie as the Senate Budget Chair has got it back on. It also calls for minimum wage yearly increases as median wages increase.

This will kill restaurant jobs in Kansas. Who said that the Republicans are just as dangerous to America as Democrats?
                              Would it apply to waitresses and other workers that receive tips? Waitstaff is excluded from minimum wage as it is correct? They make something like 2 bucks I think.

Comment

• Anybody who thinks a minimum wage increase to $15 is a good idea sucks at economics 101.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X