Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Dafuq do you need a turntable to play The Chronic? *Commands Alexa to start playing The Chronic by Dr. Dre*
    No kiddin! We didn't even use turntables back when those "albums" were coming out. It was all cassette tapes.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Biden's Green Pushes don't help our Workers, but they do help China.

Biden’s biggest clean-energy partner: China

https://www.politico.com/newsletters...r-china-491531

It’s a dirty truth. The U.S path to clean energy goes straight through China.

President Joe Biden’s plan to green the economy by 2035 will require cooperation from America’s largest trading partner, which controls a vast share of the minerals used in electric batteries, the cheap materials that make up solar panels and the guts of wind turbines.

China has locked up resources even beyond its borders, buying mining rights in Africa and South America and solar manufacturers in Malaysia. Subsidies and social incentives — including free parking and other privileges for electric vehicle owners — have made it the world’s largest EV market. And while the U.S. fracking boom played out, China was investing in solar.

“China has really put a clear flag in the ground that clean energy is going to be their version of natural gas,” Miranda Ballentine, CEO of the Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance, said in an interview.

But China’s green-tech leapfrogging has come at a heavy price: rampant forced labor, unchecked pollution and great geopolitical risk. Biden needs China, but his green future can’t afford the social and environmental price that China demands.

“Solar panels are the next crude oil, and allowing China to dominate solar manufacturing is the equivalent of establishing an electro-state on the lines of OPEC,” said Samantha Sloan, a vice president with First Solar, a U.S.-based manufacturer with limited exposure to China. “It's time that conversations about solar go beyond just cost, because the real cost of buying solar from Chinese companies may include needing to look the other way on social and environmental issues.”

Comment

• PARKLAND, FL—Gun control activist David Hogg has made a surprise announcement on Twitter. After learning that seven-time Super Bowl champion Tom Brady is a friend and supporter of Donald Trump, Hogg has declared that he will now become a quarterback and win eight Super Bowls to prove “that a progressive can become a football champion.”Hogg has wasted no time in working toward his goal, tweeting out a request for a good website to learn the rules of football. He has already partnered with some well-known activists to research the different NFL teams to find the one with the least problematic name and pick a number for his jersey that would have the best progressive connotations.Hogg also says he is on the lookout for a good, unionized coach who doesn’t engage in “toxic masculinity” and can teach him “an offenss [sic] that is LGBTQ-inclusive” -- whatever that means.Sports experts right now say there is little chance of any NFL team hiring Hogg, though they think he has a better chance than Colin Kaepernick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Biden's Green Pushes don't help our Workers, but they do help China.

Biden’s biggest clean-energy partner: China

https://www.politico.com/newsletters...r-china-491531

It’s a dirty truth. The U.S path to clean energy goes straight through China.

President Joe Biden’s plan to green the economy by 2035 will require cooperation from America’s largest trading partner, which controls a vast share of the minerals used in electric batteries, the cheap materials that make up solar panels and the guts of wind turbines.

China has locked up resources even beyond its borders, buying mining rights in Africa and South America and solar manufacturers in Malaysia. Subsidies and social incentives — including free parking and other privileges for electric vehicle owners — have made it the world’s largest EV market. And while the U.S. fracking boom played out, China was investing in solar.

“China has really put a clear flag in the ground that clean energy is going to be their version of natural gas,” Miranda Ballentine, CEO of the Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance, said in an interview.

But China’s green-tech leapfrogging has come at a heavy price: rampant forced labor, unchecked pollution and great geopolitical risk. Biden needs China, but his green future can’t afford the social and environmental price that China demands.

“Solar panels are the next crude oil, and allowing China to dominate solar manufacturing is the equivalent of establishing an electro-state on the lines of OPEC,” said Samantha Sloan, a vice president with First Solar, a U.S.-based manufacturer with limited exposure to China. “It's time that conversations about solar go beyond just cost, because the real cost of buying solar from Chinese companies may include needing to look the other way on social and environmental issues.”
          Hmmm, if only there were evidence of ties between China and the Biden family...oh wait...

Hiden Joe and his Cosa Nostra will continue to suck from the teet of China and line their pockets and the MSM in the US will continue to turn a blind eye. Shameful.

Comment

• When a reporter asked the White House press secretary Jen Psaki if the Biden administration still considers Israel and Saudi Arabia as “important allies,” she could not say.

“I know that you’re saying that things are still under review, including policies like the Abraham Accords, but could please just give us a broad sense of what the administration is trying to achieve in the Middle East?” the reporter asked Psaki, then specifically inquiring, “does the administration consider the Saudis and the Israelis important allies?”

“I think […] there are ongoing processes and internal, interagency processes, one we, that I think, confirmed during an interagency meeting last week to discuss a range of issues in the Middle East,” Psaki replied.

“We’ve only been here three and a half weeks,” she added, “and I think I’m gonna let those policy processes see themself through before we give kind of a complete lay-down of what our national security approaches will be to a range of issues.”

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              When a reporter asked the White House press secretary Jen Psaki if the Biden administration still considers Israel and Saudi Arabia as “important allies,” she could not say.

“I know that you’re saying that things are still under review, including policies like the Abraham Accords, but could please just give us a broad sense of what the administration is trying to achieve in the Middle East?” the reporter asked Psaki, then specifically inquiring, “does the administration consider the Saudis and the Israelis important allies?”

“I think […] there are ongoing processes and internal, interagency processes, one we, that I think, confirmed during an interagency meeting last week to discuss a range of issues in the Middle East,” Psaki replied.

“We’ve only been here three and a half weeks,” she added, “and I think I’m gonna let those policy processes see themself through before we give kind of a complete lay-down of what our national security approaches will be to a range of issues.”
              She’s sooo helpful!
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

No kiddin! We didn't even use turntables back when those "albums" were coming out. It was all cassette tapes.
                I used turntables in the house, cassettes and 8 tracks in the car. Way better sounds on a vinyl, and all those tape players had intermittent issues eating the tapes. How many did you have to pull out and try to rewind?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I used turntables in the house, cassettes and 8 tracks in the car. Way better sounds on a vinyl, and all those tape players had intermittent issues eating the tapes. How many did you have to pull out and try to rewind?
                  Hahha, yeah when the deck in your car ate one and wound the tape up really tight in the mechanism that did suck big time. And getting chip crumbs in one of your tapes was awful too.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I did vinyl in the house and made cassettes for the car. Didn't bother with 8-tracks. Have loads of CDs for the vehicles (and home), but have gone to USBs for the car as all the CDs (and from "other sources") I now have on computer so I can make up my own playlists. Still play vinyl at home, just not very often.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

She’s sooo helpful!
                      She's a laughingstock. Pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I did vinyl in the house and made cassettes for the car. Didn't bother with 8-tracks. Have loads of CDs for the vehicles (and home), but have gone to USBs for the car as all the CDs (and from "other sources") I now have on computer so I can make up my own playlists. Still play vinyl at home, just not very often.
                        I converted my ~ 200 CDs to my iTunes library. They (alone with about 500 other downloads) are all on my phone now and I play them via CarTunes, Helios, and Alexa. The vinyl is more of a fetish.

Livin the dream

Comment

I converted my ~ 200 CDs to my iTunes library. They (alone with about 500 other downloads) are all on my phone now and I play them via CarTunes, Helios, and Alexa. The vinyl is more of a fetish.
                          Aren't you a little old to be admitting that you have "fetish's, especially with vinyl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Aren't you a little old to be admitting that you have "fetish's, especially with vinyl.
                            It’s a vinyl fetish, not a latex fetish!
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Comment

It’s a vinyl fetish, not a latex fetish!
                                Guess I should be "more experienced" before liking Shockm's post.

Comment

Working...
                                X